1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Exalt

Exalt Well-Known Member

I have some BNIB size 43 margiela lows in all black leather and margiela mids in beige I can sell if anyone is interested... Otherwise back to the store they go!

2. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

you got pics of the mids ?

3. danracer

danracer Well-Known Member

didn't check this thread for a week because I don't give a shit about sneakers but here you go jet, here's what I like more than sneakers (and I'll be pretty damn happy when I come home to them again):
    [​IMG]

bad ass, too bad bout the supra though

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

what size shoe are you rfx? im a 42 in margiela, dont know what to go with for a pair of rafs.

I'm a EU42 on both.

One idea is getting an SC300 then just modding it. They have the NA version of the Supra engine. Makes it easy if you can find the turbocharged version and swap it in (obviously this all takes either a lot of time or money).

Sucks to hear about the Supra. I have been considering about getting an SC (300 or 400) for a while now just as a fun weekend car. There are usually well maintained with low mileages (for the age of the car) for less than $5k. Some even highly modified already, although I don't trust too much of those guys who has low mileages but drives their car too hard.

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

How do you like your recent influx of european sneakers compared to your Gucci / LV RFX? Just wondering. I'm even more jealous of your shoe collection now.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

So far, so good. Outside of the Lanvins and Raf I had before, I haven't really worn them much yet to see how quality holds up, same with the comfort for long walks (although I don't see these being much of a problem).

Style-wise, I guess it is more subtle than Gucci or LV when it comes to label branding, but branding never really bothered me much before. I think I got a good mix of nice and simple design (MMM GAT, Lanvin lows) along with some that are a bit busy and outside the norm (Lanvin, MMM Mids). I can't say I like them more but it has pushed the Gucci and LV back in the shoe rotation for the meantime.

7. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Supra is sold actually... my mother made some bad financial decisions with the bad economy and pretty much begged me for help so I gave it to her [​IMG] So I guess it's more like I'll be happy when I meet up with the Torino and old RX-7 that isn't pictured.

The Supra was completely stock with only 14,268 miles when sold. Shit happens [​IMG]

One idea is getting an SC300 then just modding it. They have the NA version of the Supra engine. Makes it easy if you can find the turbocharged version and swap it in (obviously this all takes either a lot of time or money).

Somebody came up big time on that supra, shit I would have bougtht it.

8. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

It's amazing how the Supra, RX-7, and NSX still shit on so many of today's cars. I think they will never look dated. Could probably say the same for the S2000 too, but I'll give it a few more years.

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Japanese bang-for-the-buck ftw. I would drive any of those cars in a heartbeat.

On topic, I really dig the black Silent highs, not so much the lows or mids at all, and not the vomit-colored ones.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

It's amazing how the Supra, RX-7, and NSX still shit on so many of today's cars. I think they will never look dated. Could probably say the same for the S2000 too, but I'll give it a few more years.
    3000GT is the best 90's car.

11. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

The 2J is redic

My friend got annhilated by an asian dude in a rusted old sleeper Camery which had a 2J and a massive bird killing turbo. He had an SR on two psi with everything internal done and he was just smashed. He got a massive lead and then heard this jet level loud turbo roar past.

Poor Aeglus :-(

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I was never been a fan of the NSX style-wise and I still feel it was way overpriced for what it was when it first came out. Can't argue with the power and performance though but I definitely prefer the Supra and RX-7 over it.

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Wanted an FD with amemiya kit on it 15 years ago.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Ye in Raf Vandals. I don't know why he loves those Balmain (I think?) jeans so much though?
    [​IMG]

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

the jean fit is going to make me throw up

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

i don't understand people who wear lanvin one day and rick dunks the next and margiela trainers on tuesday.
    or, by the same token, people who dress like a futuro-goth one day and a prep the next. this really confuses me.

17. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

the jean fit is going to make me throw up
    this. They can't be the same ones he wears in other pics, those actually fit Edit: just saw that these are D&G

18. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I am quite surprise to see Ye in D&G.

19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

i don't understand people who wear the same designer from head to toe, seem like the office type with no creativity

20. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

^c'mon dude. There is nothing wrong with a uniform. It's better than the inauthenticity of playing designer dress up like every day is a new halloween night.