1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. HarrisonTran

HarrisonTran Active Member

zliang,

That is a real bummer that your strap pad went out on you like that within the first few minutes of ownership. I would wonder how long BB kept the stock on their shelves before they sold that particular unit to you. Maybe it's been a while and the leather got brittle or it came from a defective lot.

I own a 256 and while I don't always use it my pad doesn't exhibit that kind of wear on it. When I do load it up and use it I fill it up with like 10 lbs worth of junk laptop included.

However, through time I have come to not like that pad at all and wear my bag with just the leather strap by itself. Either way I find the bag to be a bit heavy for my body size and the strap and strap pad would both bite into my shoulder muscle so most of the time I hand carry everything unless I need both hands for something and the pad doesn't particularly look as good to me anyways.

I do hope they resolve your issue, it's a bummer but it makes sense they would ask you to send the bad bag back before they could send you a replacement through warranty. Can you contact anyone and see if they'll help out with half of the shipping perhaps, I think it's a long shot but it's definitely worth an ask.

2. mliew

mliew New Member

Hey all, finally took the plunge and brought my first Filson - Padded Briefcase last Friday and received it today.
    Can't take my eyes off it. :)

zliang, wish you luck on getting it exchanged without spending too much on postage. I can feel the pain of having to do so as i's from the same country as well.

BTW, where is the manufacturing code located? I am trying to determine mine as i do not see my model in Filson site at all.
    I got it from Opumo and it is in Tan/Otter Green mixed.
    I did see a "Might As Well Have The Best" tag underneath the flip.

3. adriancol

adriancol Member

So here is the bag waxed and dried, the color is mostly uniform and has a nice vintage look which I really like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. milw50717

milw50717 Well-Known Member

Glad you like the final reults

5. boned

boned Well-Known Member

Managed to swindle my way into a new black rucksack for $110. Next up is a matching Sportsman. With the combo of these two, I feel like commuting/long trips/whatever will be no problem!

Had a medium duffle before but sent it back because of it's massive size.

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Damn, thats quite a feat. How did you do that?

7. boned

boned Well-Known Member

Got a price match for a site that had the it on balls deep discount, and were sold out, but the website didn't reflect that.

I'm not a proud man.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. nevadabob

nevadabob Well-Known Member

Filson just put a bunch of stuff on sale. It may be time for me to snag the large leather tote.

9. Etp095

Etp095 New Member

I figured that collection would be discounted, I'm waiting for the magnum collection to be on sale.

10. TLXX

TLXX New Member

I have been looking for a small duffle in mossy tin for the gym so the winter sale is right on time for me. Great to add another bag to my collection,

11. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

PSA for my Toronto brethren: Motoretta on College St has a buy one get one free sale today. Big selection of Filson but not many 256's left.

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

thanks for the head's up. I just gave them a call and might head over later today

IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DO A BUY WITH ME AND SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE, MEANING WE BOTH GET 50% OFF, PLEASE MESSAGE ME ASAP.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  13. pojosamaneo

pojosamaneo Member

Just getting started with Filson products! Own a 256 in otter and a 257 in tan currently. I tried a small duffle but found it too small to be a weekend bag, so I returned it and am now looking for a medium travel bag in otter. Hard to find on sale.

I think I'm going to sell my 257 when I get a chance. I've never used it, as it feels a bit redundant. Couldn't pass up on the deal though.

One thing I will say about Filson...I find it absurd that they are offering beat up restored bags for those insane prices.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  14. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Well-Known Member

Which model is this Master Claster?

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

???? I don't understand the question. it's sort of moot point now because the sale is over anyway

16. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

It's been exteneded for one more day. Not sure how much product is left though. Only applies to in stock inventory.

17. 6up

6up Well-Known Member

Any idea if Motoretta has a navy small carry on bag?

18. MM730

MM730 Member

Just find out that the navy 22oz twill is sigtly thinner then the normal 22oz twill , to measure is to know :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. tomatic

tomatic Well-Known Member

I've about 10 F bags in Navy (sold all Otter) and most of them won't even stand on their own. E.g. the zippered Tote or the Medium Travel. Wasn't the case with the green ones. Bummer.

20. 1961scout

1961scout Member

"One thing I will say about Filson...I find it absurd that they are offering beat up restored bags for those insane prices."

Those bags sell as fast as they offer them. People want the beat up look. Watch them on eBay, those kind of bags always sell high. Good business move for Filson. They probably threw/gave them away previously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk