1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. milw50717

milw50717 Well-Known Member

Sorry dupe.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. converge

converge Well-Known Member

I just shove the shoulder pad into the back pocket.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/133759/filson-bag-thread-with-pictures/15#post_2360844

4. JackFlash

JackFlash Well-Known Member

Normally I just slide the shoulder pad to one side of the strap and grip both handles and the strap with one hand. If you want to get fancy you can put the strap on top of the bag and close the top flap to keep it in place. IMHO removing the strap is too finicky. The only time I remove the strap on a Filson is if I'm traveling and going to put a bag through a metal detector or in the overhead bin (I've had idiots close the overhead bin on an errant strap).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  5. HarrisonTran

HarrisonTran Active Member

That's how I carry as well, all 3 straps in my hand. If I'm using the shoulder strap I will place the shoulder pad in front of my chest rather than over my shoulder, I feel like it's still too tough for my shoulder and aches after a while.

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Shameless imitation(?) of 256, with better material and detail I guess. Oh and $200 more expensive as well

[​IMG]

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

8. milw50717

It's not agalardi is it ?

I thought his goal was to provide a cheaper knock-off homage

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

Its Artifact Bag Co.

10. tomatic

tomatic Well-Known Member

Even worse, Liebeskind from Germany:

Sportsman, Travel Bag, Field Bag, 256 - they do it all.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  11. ama

ama Well-Known Member

I've been looking for the Filson x Urban small navy duffle for the last couple years. Anyone have a lead or anything on one? Would also be interested on the small black duffle released for Japan iirc. Any help is appreciated!

12. dredwings19

dredwings19 Well-Known Member

So, heres a dumb question. I ordered the Navy 256 and got it in today. It's beautiful! However, I noticed that on one side of the straps its black"possibly a really dark brown" and the other is brown. Do you guys usually switch it up? Or, do you carry it with a preference of one colour?

13. southbound35

southbound35 Well-Known Member

Got mine a few weeks ago and never noticed this. I think my handles are oriented in the same direction they were when I got the bag (with the brown (not the really dark brown) out).

Love the bag. It's the perfect size for a 13" laptop and few other small items (notebooks, iPad, umbrella, cords, pens, etc.).

14. milw50717

Finished side of the leather handles and strap facing up and out. In the case of the handles, it looks less twisted.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  15. dredwings19

dredwings19 Well-Known Member

Yea I have the darker side facing out. with the lighter side inwards. The big strap has the padding so the darker colour is on the outside of the bag as well as the "accents"

16. wquiles

wquiles Active Member

First trip this week with my 257 - I am glad I got this size - it was perfect for my needs:
    [​IMG]

17. milw50717

To use the 256 you must be prepared to travel light and organised. For air travel I generally take the 258 mainly for the additional padding for laptop and camera. I am kind of paranoid about my camera(s), less so for the laptop. Fits in the overheads or under seat.

18. tomatic

tomatic Well-Known Member

I machine-washed my otter 257 and now it's about 1cm smaller - just what I had wished for.

19. southbound35

southbound35 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere in this thread that Filson would provide a luggage grip for the 256 if requested. A few weeks ago, I called their customer service line and asked if I could possibly purchase one. The customer service representative wasn't sure if that was something they could do, but said he would get in touch with the production department. He took my contact/shipping info and said someone would get back to me.

I hadn't heard from them since then, so I thought perhaps my request might have slipped through the cracks.

I got an unexpected FedEx delivery this morning. I literally told the FedEx guy I didn't recall ordering anything. Below is what Filson sent in a padded envelope for exactly $0.

[​IMG]

I was given a navy 256 for Christmas and it is my first Filson bag. I absolutely love the size of it. After this positive customer service experience, I can assure it won't be my last.

20. JL724

JL724 Well-Known Member

Any good deals on tan 256 bags right now? Thinking about picking one up to try out.