1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. shredder47

shredder47 New Member

it seems as if they're out of most filson things....would it be a bad idea to get the gilt deal and just sit on it until the filson stuff gets back in stock?

2. click here

click here Well-Known Member

What is the best way to remove dark indigo denim stains from the 256 bag?

3. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

By closing your eyes. Live with it as patina is my best advise, they are difficult to remove.

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

dude thats the best part. it shows you actually use the bag. from personal experience, the brown colored twill bags are less prone to denim patina.

2 people like this.
  5. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Any cheap sources for the zipper tote? Gilt has them for 140.. Any better deals?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  6. Hype1234

Hype1234 Well-Known Member

Not unless you're sure they will come back in stock before August 12, when the "promotional value" expires and you just get the value you paid. I was going to get another one, but they said the item I wanted would be restocked late July and I didn't want to take the gamble of being stuck with it if that didn't happen. Plus, lots of the stuff that says in stock right now is actually not.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

+1, same with otter green

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

That's retail. If you want it now you can check in with Crane's. They are an affiliate and have a thread going. You have to call them and tell them you want the styleforum discount. Not sure what the percentage is right now.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

denim tote at the portland filson is $99, no sales tax. now that I think about it, should have grabbed one

10. Santi Se

Santi Se Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Received my very first one today. WooHoo!!
    Really love it.

:)

1 person likes this.
  11. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like the small duffle bag jumped from $235 to $260, too. I remember earlier this year the small duffle was at $225 before the $10 bump.

The 257 went from $275 to $300. Travel Kit is now $95 from $90. Even the Travel Tray is $26 from $24.

Shame. Hopefully some of the third party retailers haven't updated their pricing yet and people can still grab a couple of deals. Onward Reserve still had the Small Duffle at $225 price point when I ordered.

On that note, anybody get a shipping confirmation or received their items yet? When I ordered, the small duffle was on backorder and then the next day I saw on the product page it was OOS. I called to confirm I wouldn't get screwed and they said both the briefcase and duffle I ordered were on backorder but it was part of their next shipment that should get to their store early this week. Still crossing my fingers...

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Double post.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  13. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

I got mine. Shipped the next day. My large duffle was listed as "backordered" but then showed up with the rest of the stuff.

14. converge

converge Well-Known Member

In 2008, the 256 cost $195.

15. Hype1234

Hype1234 Well-Known Member

hah i'm in the exact same boat with the small duffle. she said the order was locked in though before they sold out. let me know when you get yours.

16. Coregoods

Coregoods Well-Known Member

I have been looking online and all their bag prices went up.

Suit cover was $250 now $275

17. TeamCoCo

TeamCoCo Member

Man and here I thought some online retailers would have a summer sale coming up to lower the price, instead it goes up [​IMG]

18. Jonny Bax

Jonny Bax Member

People of styleforum, thank you so much for introducing me to Filson. I'm a student and on a budget, but I was able to snag a wool duffle for ~$130 from Clymb not too long ago. And then a week ago I found a 257 in tan (this is what I most coveted for school and work) on Gilt for $260 with a 30% off coupon. Dreams DO come true!

I love the 257 and really enjoy the duffle too, although I wish it were a little more structured.

My question to this fine community is this: how do you think they look together? As I said, I'm a student so I don't think anymore Filsons are in the immediate future. I would love to use both together for school/gym or a short trip. Possible?

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/6
    1/id/854423/width/200/height/400

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

The 257 looks horrible with the duffle. I'll take it off your hands for you if you'd like

1 person likes this.
  20. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

It's college who care everyone else has an adidas duffle or something like that. Looks perfectly fine

2 people like this.