1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ferrari might make a 612 P4/5…

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by imageWIS, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

What's Formula-1 capped at? 2400cc now, right? That sounds like a reasonable maximum displacement for any street car, as well.

Haven't you ever seen an Enzo with a broken front valence? Being too low for actual street use is simply stupid design on a street car. It is no better than a riced out Civic.

Are you Joe G? Just curious.

2. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

You're joking, right? You can't create the Enzo's HP with a F1 engine and drive it on the road, day in and day out, completely unpractical.

So what? You can't take an Enzo and drive it day in and day out anyway, because it was designed with inadequate ground clearance for street use. Besides which, maybe just maybe having that much hp in a street-driven car is a priori stupid. A 600hp car does nothing that a 300hp car can't, from a street perspective.

PS: Brian, ???.

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

Joe G was some kind of foreign aristocrat. I believe he drove a Lotus, had a penchant for bulgari glasses, and a distain for the way Americans dress while shopping at walmart.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

So what? You can't take an Enzo and drive it day in and day out anyway, because it was designed with inadequate ground clearance for street use.
    Wrong. It is very useable on the street, and many owners use the car daily.

All Ferraris need front end resprays if actually driven. Drive; respray; repeat. It's a simple formula.

Jim Spiro drove his F50 daily and it has over 40,000 miles on it.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Joe G was some kind of foreign aristocrat. I believe he drove a Lotus, had a penchant for bulgari glasses, and a distain for the way Americans dress while shopping at walmart.

He was also well-spoken in politics, though he got pretty inflammatory at times. One time I brought up an NSX and he flamed it and said something like "Miatas and Lotuses are hte only real sportscars in America." So you had me curious.

6. raley

raley Well-Known Member

Wrong. It is very useable on the street, and many owners use the car daily.

All Ferraris need front end resprays if actually driven. Drive; respray; repeat. It's a simple formula.

Jim Spiro drove his F50 daily and it has over 40,000 miles on it.

I can't wait to see pictures of this in August. JG is crazy [​IMG] I only hope that one day I will be able to throw around cash the way he does for fun.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Raley, true that. I've seen it - and it's pretty cool.
    Best.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I've now seen the finished car. It's spectacular.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I've now seen the finished car. It's spectacular.

I haven't seen it in real life, but from the pictures I saw, I don't think it's that stunning. Although, I think that as of late Pininfarina designs aren't all that impressive (save for the 430) and they are currently in a design-slump.

Jon.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

On the road, in Italy, next to regular cars... it's an incredible sight.

11. imageWIS

On the road, in Italy, next to regular cars... it's an incredible sight.

Yeah, but I'm sure that any Ferrari (or Lamborghini, Aston, etc...) could do that as well.

(I may be mistaken / uninformed here) But, isn't the 612 just an Enzo with a different body? Is that really worth the extra $2 million? I mean even in the grand old days of the custom coach builder did people pay 2/3's of the cars cost on just the body. Personally, if I wanted a re-bodied Enzo, I would get the Maserati MC12.

Jon.

12. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

I think it's stunning! I like the futuristic and minimalist approach, without breaking away completely with the old P4. Here are some pics: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] According to this only one will ever be made. It's owned by James Glickenhaus from New York. Love the license plate. Since it's a one-off, I can see why it costs a cool 3 mil. As compared to the old P4: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Possibly aside from the Lotus, don't we(Styleforum) all?

14. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

I like it. But the original P4...my god. Oh. *drool*

15. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

I like it. But the original P4...my god. Oh. *drool*

Well, it's like choosing between:

The sleek and modern Italian: Federica Fontana

[​IMG]

Or,

The sultry and deliciously vintage Italian (who, coincidentally, was born in 1964, the same year as the above P4 beauty): Monica Bellucci

[​IMG]

16. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Well, it's like choosing between: The sleek and modern Italian: Federica Fontana http://digilander.libero.it/doubleef/fonta4b.jpg Or, The sultry and deliciously vintage Italian (who, coincidentally, was born in 1964, the same year as the above P4 beauty): Monica Bellucci http://www.celebritieshub.com/jpg102...cci_005_sl.jpg
    DAMN YOU! I was going to mention Monica with my original post but I managed to control myself. NGGGRGH! Uhm, as you may surmise, I agree...

17. imageWIS

But the original P4...my god. Oh. *drool*

Exactly my point. The original was so beautiful, so perfect in its existence that anything new they came up with had to be better than the original (no easy feat, I know and admit this), however in my opinion they failed to do this, and since its basically a custom body on a stock (relatively speaking, since it is partially customizable) Enzo chassis, the body should have been drop dead gorgeous, it should have been stunning; and it's not.

Jon.

18. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Jim has an original P3/4 and a 412P already

19. Chris "Italia"

Chris "Italia" Well-Known Member

What a wonderful Ferrari that was the P4.

The car, is a beauty.

20. Chris "Italia"

Chris "Italia" Well-Known Member

I disagree. An Enzo is ugly and stupid, so chopping it up is fine with me. I could care less about the badge. For a 246 replica I suggested Fiat donor parts only because Ferrari doesn't make a properly sized engine any more.

Obviously, you don't care...

But, an Enzo is a true F1 car for the street; It sure hell might not look as good as the F40 or F50, but the heart of a car is it's performance...

And that's what the Enzo does best over it's previous cars.

To me, the F50 is the best looking, over the F40...

F40 is a pure drivers car, with no drivers aides or help.