1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Favorite soap?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Swann, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

the baxter looks like it will last about 2 weeks...which isn't a bad thing i suppose to have a fresh bar every 2 weeks. i prefer the caswell massey over baxter still.

2. Maharlika

Maharlika Well-Known Member

Portos and those wonderful black soaps from La Toja in Spain.

3. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

I bought a Dial Body Wash which was Vanilla and Honey smell, it smells nice.

Has anyone ever used the Penhaligon's bar soaps?

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

I buy the big oval blocks at Aveda whenever I am getting me hair cut. They smell great, and leave my skin feeling silky smooth.. [​IMG]

5. milosh

milosh Well-Known Member

From what I tried so far I like L'Occitane and Dove soaps the most.

6. swiego

swiego Well-Known Member

I am surprised everyone can name a favorite. I tend to oscillate between several choices.

I like Neutrogena Rain Bath body soap. It smells good, cleans well (though one must use a lot of it) and it's generally well received by visiting parents and sister, friends, and girlfriend. In the shower, I keep a large tub of it that is available from Costco.

Also at Costco: Kirkland's bar soap. Triple milled, inexpensive, good scent, amazing lather, leaves me squeaky clean, and doesn't dry me out. What more could one ask for? For me, this is one unsung hero of bar soaps.

Someone mentioned Lush. When I want to dry myself out, Fresh Farmacy and Coal Face are unparalleled. I also enjoy the scents of each, although neither is something I can use over an extended stretch of time.

I like Yardley bar soaps, especially the lavender scent.

Dove and Lever 2000 also get use from time to time, when I need soap and the supermarket is the only place I can get to at the moment.

7. June

June Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Dove body washes particularly the "Energize" and "Cool Moisture" ones.

8. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

I am surprised everyone can name a favorite. I tend to oscillate between several choices.

I like Neutrogena Rain Bath body soap. It smells good, cleans well (though one must use a lot of it) and it's generally well received by visiting parents and sister, friends, and girlfriend. In the shower, I keep a large tub of it that is available from Costco.

Also at Costco: Kirkland's bar soap. Triple milled, inexpensive, good scent, amazing lather, leaves me squeaky clean, and doesn't dry me out. What more could one ask for? For me, this is one unsung hero of bar soaps.

Someone mentioned Lush. When I want to dry myself out, Fresh Farmacy and Coal Face are unparalleled. I also enjoy the scents of each, although neither is something I can use over an extended stretch of time.

I like Yardley bar soaps, especially the lavender scent.

Dove and Lever 2000 also get use from time to time, when I need soap and the supermarket is the only place I can get to at the moment.

The Kirkland doesn't smell like their Body Wash, does it? Hate that smell...bought a big pump of it, ended up giving it to my parents about 1/2 through the bottle.

9. swiego

swiego Well-Known Member

Not at all. I tried the Kirkland bodywash, I did not like it much either.

I'm not sure how to describe what their soap ("premium french triple-milled soap") smells like, but I do think it smells good. I would not call it my favorite scent, but it certainly is among my favorite soaps as far as quality is concerned. I've even shaved with it. I've enjoyed having it handy in the closet for when I've run out more fragrant, premium soaps.

10. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

These days I use the cheap Mexican "Grisi" soaps from the dollar stores/Mexican grocery stores. Eventually Savon de Marseilles ended up being too drying for me too, so I figured what's the point of paying so much extra then. Doesn't really matter what those of us with dry skin use, we seem to be screwed no matter what [​IMG]