1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Favorite SF Posters - Fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jun 7, 2013.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

aha, good to know

2. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

Tirailleur1 is my favorite new member from the past year or so.

A Harris was respected on MC and SWD. When I say "He is missed," I mean it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

There are people with model/mannequin like builds. And there are good dressers.

I see some mistaken one for the other.

1 person likes this.
  4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

+1

5. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

True. I do think that a lot of the members that have already been mentioned, whether they have the model/mannequin physique or not, have paid such close attention to fit that most of their wardrobe flatters them. Not that you can magically transform a body shape, but those bad fits that you can't quite put a finger on are the result of accentuating the wrong areas or not accentuating the proper areas to achieve a good shape.

6. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Well-Known Member

The two aren´t necessarily mutually exlusive though are they ? I really like MaoMaos fits for instance, but it helps a lot that he has an athletic build Imo. Physique in other words plays quite a big role. There are some - shall I say - portly dressers on here and in the blogosphere, who without a doubt put a lot of effort into their outfits, but they always start out with a disadvantag compared to the less gravity challenged gentlemen - at least in my book...

7. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Lots of nice ensembles are posted here, but to me TTO and Tirailleur stand out.

However, I would never aspire to dress like them, because that requires a level of charisma that I don't have [​IMG]

If I had to pick a role model that would be people like Vox, Manton, mafoofan, Edmorel or DocHolliday, but some of them are gone and those who aren't don't post pics anymore, so...