1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Favorite place to stay in Napa/Sonoma

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lowndes, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Lowndes

Lowndes Well-Known Member

Wife and I are headed there in August for a wedding and looking for a cool, relaxing place to stay. Anything from B&B to House to Hotel. Thanks

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Is the wedding in Sonoma or Napa? It's a pretty big area.

3. Lowndes

Napa, I believe it is at V. Sattui

4. kwilkinson

Ahh so St. Helena, nice. I've never heard anyone say a negative word about L'auberge de Soleil. And it's only about 10 minutes away from V. Sattui.

5. Lowndes

Looks pretty awesome but a little pricey. Cheapest room I saw for our dates was 1100 a night. I was hoping to keep it around 300 a night. Any ideas for that price?

6. kwilkinson

I've heard great things about Meadowood and Harvest Inn, but not sure about their pricing either.

7. Lowndes

Thanks both of those look great.

8. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

About 8 miles up the road is Calistoga, a great little town. Calistoga Hot Springs has some wonderful little cabins, and is also a spa. Make sure you do a tour/tasting Castello di Amorosa.

9. thromb

thromb Well-Known Member

I stayed at the Vintage Inn in Yountville last summer and had a great time. Yountville is a small town about 8 miles south of sattui. Sattui is located just south of St. Helena and definitely in a much busier area as they are both on the main road through the valley and in an area dense with wineries on the highway. St. Helena is also a bit larger and busier (again because the main road through the valley goes through town) with many nice shops. Also, we enjoyed Sattui very much with an impressive tasting room and looks like it would be a wonderful place for a wedding.

We found Yountville a much more relaxing place to stay as it's actually just off the main highway. Small and quaint main street feel with hardly any traffic compared to St. Helena. Also too many restaurants to choose from, not that its a bad thing. French Laundry, Bouchon, Bottega, Bistro Jeanty, etc... all critically acclaimed. Also, our nicely appointed room at the Vintage Inn is in your price range. If you get a chance, Healdsburg in Sonoma Co. is a favorite place to stay or visit as it has a nice town square and if you've had enough wine, the Bear Republic is a great place for excellent beer and bar food.