1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Guy Movie?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Soph, Nov 25, 2006.

1. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Does The Jerk count? I've never known any female that liked this movie. [​IMG] And of course, Animal House [​IMG] Caddyshack [​IMG] and, admittedly, that guy [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

Fight Club "So, how's that working out for ya?" "What?" "Being clever." "Great." "Then keep it up. Now, a question of etiquette; as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?" Full Metal Jacket "I am going to motivate you, Pyle, if it shortdicks every cannibal in the Congo!" Team America [Outtake] Gary: "That's it! I'm leaving." Spotteswood: "No, Gary, don't go. We need you more than ever!" Gary: "But everybody hates us." Spotteswood: "Hey, now, everybody hated Winnie the Pooh too." Gary: "No they didn't!" Spotteswood: "Well I did. That cocksucking bear killed Jack Kennedy!"

3. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

Winnie the Pooh

Haven't read that one in a few decades.

5. mistahlee

mistahlee Well-Known Member

The Road Warrior

"My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos ..."

Am I the only one here who thinks this among the greatest of all films?

6. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

Everybody has insecurity issues and I won't deny that I occasionally act on them. Anyone that says they're completely confident, all the time, in every situation, is lying. However, insecurity had nothing to do with this particular situation.

As for the movie and Clive Owen's character in particular, how would you expect him to react to the fact that his wife had been fucking another guy for a year? Or are you a saint? Anyhow, I've now been up for 30 hours and it's time to go home because i'm having trouble completing my thoughts.

I can certainly understand your position, I just take a different one. In my mind, if your wife and some other guy have been pulling that shiat, it's best to just get the hell away from both of them ASAP. "Revenge fucks" or whatever only make a bad situation worse. I can certainly see the desire for revenge, but IMHO, the best, healthiest bet is to be rid of both of them ASAP.

Incidentally, I do believe that Clive Owen's character makes quite a few references to the damage the whole thing has inflicted upon his ego (and justifiably so). It was about insecurity.

But really, psychoanalyzing guy movies detracts from their very "guyness" and I will stop and go watch "The Ya-Ta Sisterhood" or something.

7. BankerBoi

BankerBoi Well-Known Member

- Reservoir Dogs - I've always thought that this movie provides
    an excellent example of how guys talk when there are no women around -
    maybe not in the "Tarantino cool" dialogue, but with the same
    sentiments.

Action: _Reservoir Dogs_ and its Hong Kong antecedents like _City on Fire_
    Guytalk: _The Last Days of Disco_
    Guytalk: _The Pompatus of Love_

Suspense: _Very Bad Things_

Its own category: _Dice Rules_

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Dice-man, what about The Adventures of Ford Fairlane?
    That could pretty much be considered a "guy" movie.

9. jhao

jhao Well-Known Member

10. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

11. landho

landho Well-Known Member

Hard Boiled off the top of my head.

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I like the Bourne movies and Braveheart.