1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Favorite breakfast meat?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Kasper, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Britalian

Britalian Well-Known Member

First, black pudding.
    Second, naturally smoked bacon.
    Third, Norfolk sausages.
    Preferably on the plate at the same time with fried eggs, tomatoes, baked beanz, toast. Lots of strong, black coffee to accompany. Magnificent.

2. wldthistle

wldthistle Well-Known Member

Third for salmon, though I usually have breakfasts sans-meat. Toast, cereal, maybe some tea. A banana if I have one.

Scrapple sounds horrible. Junk meat with corn meal? I think this was my favorite sentence from the wikipedia article: "The mush is cast into loaves, and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled." [​IMG] This sounds like a combination of meatloaf, pork, cornbread and jello. While I enjoy jello (especially pistachio), and cornbread's alright, I try to avoid both meatloaf and pork. I like my beef in steak form, and as for pork... that's a personal choice. Anyway... Salmon, without a doubt.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I have never heard salmon refered to as a breakfast meat before. As for scrapple, you should really try it before you knock it.
    Unfortunatly, I have tried it.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Fry up some honey baked ham after the holidays on the stove with some butter. Good lord. Too good.

5. Kasper

Kasper Well-Known Member

Unfortunatly, I have tried it.

Was it in the tri-state area?

6. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Turkey sausage.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

Was it in the tri-state area?
    Philadelphia. Do I have to relive the experience?

8. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Fried, fatty pork has a storied history among many diverse cultures as the breakfast meat of choice. All these other bastardizations of breakfast should be done away with like the plague!!