1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

I guess I could go with something like this….although silver zippers pop a bit more and I wouldn't mind the silver snaps on the lapels.

BTW, I read that this is whiskey calf….very nice…just what I had imagined….I think it will age very well.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. barramundi

barramundi Well-Known Member

@mrchariybrown

Could we get some fit pics of the DR3? With rear view, side, zipped, unzipped, etc.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

We will have pictures on a mannequin in a few weeks time for the website launch.

For now, you can look at the TOJ DR since it's basically 99% similar.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. Fiddler

Hi Charlie

If you had to take a stock size and then shorten the sleeve length plus the widths at bicep, elbow and wrist…does that count as MTM?

Cheers

5. mrchariybrown

Any adjustments to stock sizing will count as MTM.

6. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

WTF would MTM mean otherwise?

2 people like this.
  7. Zinkdiz

Zinkdiz New Member

No offense but, +1 [​IMG].
    Good news for the website even if it means more order, more wait.

8. Fiddler

Thanks Charlie.

Mickey, to address your concerns, some boutiques in Asia will sell you a garment and charge you a nominal fee for alterations in length/waist.

Different from going to a tailor who measures every part of you…I understand that as MTM….so just trying to clarify, and I'm ok with Falcon's reply on this.

If you keep responding to every dumb question of mine on this thread (even when its not addressed to you), you're going to be a pretty busy man.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fiddler

Hi Charlie

1. What's the difference between a bar and a tab zipper…I tried to google images and got a bar hooker instead.

2. Does the shoulder gusset of a leather jacket have any functional use or is it purely aesthetic?

3. Ive noticed some jackets have snaps on both lapels and collar tips (4 in all) while some have just 2 on the lapels. Is 4 snaps more of an ornamentation for ladies jackets? Most of the mens designs Ive seen on the TOJ gallery seem to have just 2 snaps on the lapel ends.

Cheers

10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

Did I even reply to any of your previous messages? If I felt compelled to log in and reply to your posts it must be that you're asking pretty dumb questions.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  11. Fiddler

This is the affiliate thread for all questions directed to the manufacturer….its none of your business what the level of questions are…not everyone is an advanced connoisseur of leather jackets as you presumably are.

By haranguing me, you are disrupting the business I am hoping to conduct with Falcon.

1 person likes this.
  12. MxmHrpr

MxmHrpr Active Member

I had this TOJ 2010 A2 iteration with these pockets, loved the poppers though the hand section was absolutely tiny. Granted, I'm 6'3" and have big hands, but I could barely fit a fist in there... If they were edge of pocket and the size there are now maybe a tad larger/lower/further to zipper, they'd be perfect.

Though I realise that Falcon aren't bespoke, so unless others felt the same about decent pockets, unlikely they'd change so you could fit hands into the currently useless flaps.

[​IMG]

In my mourning that older A2 and fantasising about Falcon being bespoke. I'd love to have a super minimal black A2 with:
    - Pocket modifications above
    - Poppers on flaps (buttons a bit dated/fiddly)
    - No epaulets
    - One piece back
    - Hidden placket front zipper

13. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

I just used a set of calipers to measure the thickness of the sleeves on a few of my jackets. I took multiple measurements across the length of the sleeve (folded it and divide measurement by 2).

• TOJ MDR ca. 2013 (black lamb) approx. 1.27mm thick.
    • TOJ A2 ca. 2011 (brown lamb) approx. 1.50mm thick
    • Falcon Varsity ca. 2015 (black lamb) approx. 1.22mm thick
    • Falcon MA-1 ca. 2015 (black lamb) approx. 1.53mm thick

3 people like this.
  14. mrchariybrown

1. See post #2 of this thread.

2. Both

3. DR1 standard on top and bottom lapel snaps. DR2 and DR3, standard bottom lapel snaps.

15. Fiddler

Post #2 is very clear…I should've looked there first. Thanks.

16. chaos

chaos Well-Known Member

edit: nvm answered already

17. clark kent

clark kent Well-Known Member

i really hope i'm in the next shipment batch! i've been buying clothes to specifically wear with my new jacket. i cant wait to see the oxblood leather!

18. dvskei

dvskei Well-Known Member

ridiculously large. i put something in the interior pocket and i have to reach down almost to hem level to find it. this should be changed...
    exterior upper pockets as well, though not as drastic

19. Newo

Newo Well-Known Member

Bothers me on my TOJ BCDR. I put my passport in there and I end up having to go elbow deep to grab it. Just since we're making very small complaints, that's my contribution.

20. fishtacologin

fishtacologin Well-Known Member

I like how deep the pockets are despite how far down I have to reach to take something out. It's nice being able to store more things in them

2 people like this.