1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrchariybrown, Sep 1, 2015.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

I don't know about apple hips, but I deny a lot of things.

Was thinking of bombers especially, how a double zipper can keep them from riding up.

2. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

I'm loving my new heavy black calf DR2 with gunmetal zippers. My 3rd Falcon jacket, all three in different leathers and colours.

I'll try to upload some pics some time next week.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

Currently working on a few things for the spring and new fall/winter.

Anything in particular you guys would like to see?

4. MickeyPunch

5. mavere

mavere Active Member

6. chenm0416

chenm0416 Well-Known Member

7. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Did you guys settle on a synthetic ribbing option for bombers?

Also, is the baseball jacket (button-front, raglans sleeves, all-suede) on the table?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

Shearling sounds awesome.

9. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Well-Known Member

10. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

11. adeniran

adeniran Well-Known Member

Imagine the choices for a shearling jacket. Please make this happen [​IMG]

12. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

13. Severisth

Severisth Well-Known Member

Maybe some new leather/suede colors?

14. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Well-Known Member

New digital camo fabrics for the reversible raglan varsity!

1 person likes this.
  15. boned

boned Well-Known Member

#teamshearling

1 person likes this.
  16. barramundi

barramundi Well-Known Member

Some pictures for the jackets that never got to be shown off by FG photography magic would be dope I.e, the chesterfield

17. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Well-Known Member

the site needs to add model shots wearing EACH of the products, that's what it's missing.

18. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Well-Known Member

got a fit pic?

19. MickeyPunch

I do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I´m super happy with this new jacket. I recently did a review of my other two Falcon jackets (http://www.styleforum.net/t/507227/...ead-mtm-mto-leather-jackets/2160#post_8699253) after having them for a while so rather than this being a review let's call it a "first impressions".

It's a heavy black calf DR2 with gunmetal zippers, shoulder gussets, 4 visible snap buttons and rear sleeve zippers.

[​IMG]

First of all, the leather. If you read the first few pages of this thread you´ll see Charly and Dan mentioning that they offer two types of calf: the older one, thicker and glossier, and a newer one (which is the default, AFAIK) which is thinner and more matte. FWIW Charly has mentioned several times that in his opinion the newer calf is higher quality. I haven´t handled it so I can´t compare.

I was after the thicker and glossier one. I know for some people it´ll be too thick (especially to those used to lamb) and glossy (I remember back in TOJ days some guys were soaking their calf jackets to get rid of the sheen).

You can see the newer calf in this pick by gzafvzxvw and see how it´s more matte: http://www.styleforum.net/t/507227/...ead-mtm-mto-leather-jackets/1575#post_8374781

The jacket is *heavy* and *stiff*. In fact, I literally got some bruises around my elbow the first time I wore it. Leather is completely flat, has very little grain. Let´s say it´s more similar to the kind of leather you´d find in fashion jackets like SLP or MMM rather than what you´d find in brands like Aero.

Here´s a comparison between the Falcon and a 10sei0otto jacket in oiled calf. Very different textures and tanning processes (the 10sei has more grain and it´s matte):

[​IMG]

I had lots of doubts about the zippers. I knew I didn´t want black ones as I´m not a fan of blacked out jackets. On the other hand, given the sheen of the jacket I didn´t want shiny zippers either. I´m loving the gunmetal ones. And I very much prefer the 3 zip configuration over the 4 zip in my DR4, the pockets in this one are actually usable and they don´t cause the sides to stick out like it can happen with the horizontal pockets.

Fit is perfect, literally. As in, I would resubmit the exact same measurements. My calf suede DR4 already fit pretty good, so I just made small tweaks: 1 inch shorter in the body for a slightly cropped look, and sleeves slightly longer and slimmer from the elbow to the wrist. Chest/shoulders/biceps are around a stock size 49, and waist and sleeve hems more like a 46 or so.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    9 people like this.
  20. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

We have synthetic ribbing available. it's not as nice obviously, but it's available if anyone wants it.

We can make the baseball jacket as an one-off item if you'd like. But neither Daniel and I care for it much, so it won't be a staple item on our list.

If you're interested in that colorway, email me.

Working on that at the moment.

That would be nice but it probably won't happen for a while. It's a lot of money to do a quality photo shoot with all the jackets we have. Which is why we chose to do a lookbook with a select few instead - to give you an idea of the look and feel of our brand.

2 people like this.