1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

the seller confirmed the coat was fake. bought in Turkey by his parents on vacation. he offers returning and money back or 12 EUR discount. what do you guys think the resell value would be?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. jplay51

jplay51 Well-Known Member

The resale value would be low because it's fake. Don't sell a fake to somebody else. Or if you do at least rip out the tags.

3. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

I'm not an idiot reselling fakes. I meant if I'd cut the tags away, how much is it worth? 10 EUR? 20? less than 10 EUR?

4. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

What about this? I couldn't have googled out this kind of logo. I've not yet bought it (a shirt)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Shpirt

Shpirt Well-Known Member

6. Shpirt

Shpirt Well-Known Member

Correction - I believe this is a replica. Authentic Versace do not appear to have that type of "S" on any of its historic labels. Here is a look at Versace labels over the years - good resources for you in the future:

http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/versace/

1 person likes this.
  7. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

thank you and great link :)

8. dukedishin

dukedishin Well-Known Member

Anyone got any ideas on this Kiton denim?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Shpirt

Shpirt Well-Known Member

Looks real - although....I would not wear them. How much did you spend on these? There are so many choices for great quality denim under $200.00 new.

10. dukedishin

Thanks! I'm not wearing them, they're way too big for me. They were a steal on a poor eBay listing so I will be reselling them.

11. Shpirt

Shpirt Well-Known Member

Oh ok - look legit to me. I don't know that anyone is actually replicating Kiton - not a particularly popular brand to make fakes of.

2 people like this.
  12. dukedishin

My thoughts too. Just wanted to make sure since the listing was very poor quality and a couple things surprised me. Thank you!

1 person likes this.
  13. jplay51

jplay51 Well-Known Member

Piece itself looks legit to me, but box much different from ones I've seen. For example Italian spelling of 'nickel' to 'nichel.' and the low placement of the logo and whited out medusa.

2013 / 14 Haas Brothers collab. No CLG (certilogo) tag or #. It's 'used'

Insights appreciated, esp if you've bought from Versace in person in recent history and know what their labels/boxes are like. My hunch is the piece is real, but the box is fake (as unlikely as that sounds it's coming from a pawnbroker so it's possible he had some fake or old boxes lying around). I'll be surprised if there are any fakes of this considering recency and complexity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  14. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

Guys, look at this. Found it online, very cheap. (Didn't buy it). Looks legit but for some reason I have a bad feeling about it.
    1) Couldn't have googled out the pics. Which is weird. I don't think the seller made them personally.
    2) Found a very similarly looking jacket on Tradekey - some Chinese no brand shit. What do you think???

[​IMG]= [​IMG] ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Shpirt

Shpirt Well-Known Member

My key would be to look a the seller - if the seller is from China/Asia - fake.

1 person likes this.
  16. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

It's not from eBay but from Aukro - Czech auction site, very similar to eBay but most people selling and buying are local. The seller is Czech, if I ask him he will without a doubt insist it's from some Italian source (so no point in asking)... Well at least I'll try to ask him for a detailed photo of a button.

1 person likes this.
  17. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

btw is the label shown on the jackets valid? Why does it have "Made in Italy" under the logo? Isn't a sign that it's fake?

18. despaircollectr

despaircollectr Active Member

19. Man of Wealth and Taste

Man of Wealth and Taste Well-Known Member

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake. Giorgio Armani logo doesn't use the Eagle, only the diffusion line Emporio Armani does. Jackets like that would unlikely be released under black label, more likely A/X, Jeans, Emporio or maybe Collezioni. Very fake, do not buy.

1 person likes this.
  20. auvajs

auvajs Active Member

really man? I have 2 or 3 AJ jeans looking very genuine having the little GA eagle logo in the back as well. I may take photos.