• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It gave me a fright when I scrolled down and saw it.... that sweater is creepy.

Edwardskim

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I acquired this Louis Vuitton silk scarf from my aunt who doesn't know where/how she got it from. It was just in her closet.

She said I can sell it and keep the money. But before I did I wanted to know... IS IT REAL? Also! How much would it fetch on eBay?

Thanks :) (Sorry for the weird purple/blue tint in the photos... issues with my phone camera).

akwit

Reaction score
Fake Calvin Klein Underwear?
I love their Modal underwear.
I recently bought two pairs off of Ebay that are 92% Modal and 8% Lycra, whereas all of the pairs I have bought form dept. stores are 90/10.
The 92/8 from Ebay is not nearly as comfortable as the 90/10's.

I cant seem to find any Calvin Klein underwear (from a reputable website) that carries the 92/8 split.

Can someone help me confirm/deny that these are fakes?

Man of Wealth and Taste

Reaction score

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nope. Lots of Brioni don't do working cuffs on the suits.

+1 when you see no button holes or fake button holes on used Brioni suits it's because the customer opted to not get functional sleeve button holes put in when it was altered to fit. But also bear in mind not all Brioni suits come with basted sleeves - some come with faux sleeve buttons and buttons attached, others even come with the bottom 2 buttons being functional, and yet others come with unvented sleeves so you can't even (easily) have the sleeve buttons be made functional. It all depends on the specs as requested by the client (store/shop).

Dzisste

Reaction score
fake or real moncler .... what do you think ?

ANi people, i recently discovered this forum ans thought that you help about the authencitynif this following moncler.Si, this Guy is selling bis jacket that he used the last winter. I have some photos for you, tel me what you think .

Thankyou

shabz

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren navy hoodie

AHi guys

just seen a navy Ralph Lauren hoodie for sale and it has got me wondering wether it is real or fake i hope you guys can help me out. What it is the zip strap is gold is it meant to be this colour also the zip is like a different style to something you see in a shop like house of frazer is it normal for some hoodies to have different zip handle shape.

it has also got all the r.n and n.i.n numbers

is it real or fake?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

cabalizer1

Reaction score
Gucci Tshirt Real or fake.
Hey guys . My uncle gave for my birthday a Gucci Tshirt and I want to see if this tshir is real or fake

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a gift from your uncle. Do you really want to know if it's real or fake?

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Found this really cool Pendleton trench but I'm not sure if it is real. Any thoughts? First thing that stuck out was the stitching on the label was oft but the leather patch made me second guess whether it was real. Would Pendleton do this type of lining design?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads