1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ebmk3891, Nov 10, 2010.

1. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Well-Known Member

Yes, it's genuine; that item is from the licensed 'Diffusion' pour homme range, which does not exist any more. The more exclusive range is 'rive gauche', which also has been stopped.

As from this season the house has been renamed from 'Yves Saint Laurent' to 'Saint Laurent Paris'.

2. Istoard

Istoard New Member

Hi thanks a lot for the reply! I'm curious to know how you can tell from those photos- would it be possible to explain further?

I've also asked if the seller could provide some photos of the inside labels.

3. drebin

drebin Well-Known Member

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

5. drebin

drebin Well-Known Member

Damn -- sorry. Here are the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. nerdoldnerdith

nerdoldnerdith Active Member

One thing you can do to check for the likelihood of your item being a fake is to search for replicas (usually Chinese) of that item or similar items on Google. So to take these Borrelli jeans for example, you can search for "Borrelli jeans replica," and find out that there do not appear to be any counterfeit Borrelli jeans available by Chinese sellers. Since there seem to be no replicas of this product, it is likely that it is authentic.

1 person likes this.
  7. Academic2

Academic2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to learn how to spot a fake Hermes tie. Can anyone suggest any resources?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ac

8. astrocyte

astrocyte Well-Known Member

9. Academic2

Academic2 Well-Known Member

That's excellent, Astricyte. Many thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

10. garniturek23

garniturek23 Member

Thank You for your response. In sum what do You think about this jacket? I've dilemma because the tag isn't in inside pocket only on the bottom of the lining.

11. garniturek23

garniturek23 Member

12. mr usneun

mr usneun Well-Known Member

Maybe a local pickup?

13. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

14. blocky

blocky Member

Having decided that I have paid enough in my life for cheap, single-summer sunglasses, I am looking at a pair of Randolph Engineering aviators. From the company website (and the only shop in Vancouver that carries them) they are $180. From this ebay seller, $90 + shipping, taxes

Would anyone counterfeit RE glasses? If so, would they counterfeit the company paperwork and the repair kit and hardcase that comes with them? What are the odds these are real:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141013849912

15. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

Both look real to me!

16. dbvine

dbvine Member

I need a quick check on something local. Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. nerdoldnerdith

nerdoldnerdith Active Member

There are so many replicas of this belt - ranging from very low to very high quality, that it would be impossible to identify its authenticity without actually taking it to a Gucci person for an in-person inspection. For what it's worth, however, some of the replicas for this belt have become convincing enough that any difference in quality between the replica and the real product are marginal at best, meaning nobody would be able to tell.

18. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

Did you actually buy the belt from DFS Galleria? If so, then it's real. Or is it something that came from Ebay?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  19. KBurgos

KBurgos Member

Just picked these Pradas up from a 'friend' and now I'm skeptical of there authenticity. My main problem with them is the fact that they say 'Prada' on the back of them. Never seen that before. Thanks in advance. [​IMG]