1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Fack!!! I'm jealous of a crack-head!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, May 18, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Not to mention that you can lease-hire a decent car for a fairly little monthly outlay. Also if you're a crack dealer, you will know someone who can "acquire" cars for you.

Well, to get into a new RRS, you're looking at well over 1k a month, unless you buy down the cap cost considerably at the time of lease inception. I mean, you're looking at about 1k a month in depreciation alone, then add in finance charges and state/local taxes.

2. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

I have a pretty high credit rating, but even if I took all my savings and went to a bank that was giving irresponsibly large loans, I still don't think they'd give me enough money to buy a house and a car like that. Surely at some point the bank considers your income as a sign of your ability to repay a loan.

For an accountant, you're much to focused on assets and not sufficiently on liablities. Without knowing much more about your financial situation, I can guarantee that you'd be approved for those loans.

3. GanglandDandy

GanglandDandy Well-Known Member

Either rich parents or she/her boyfriend slangs to other rich kids.

4. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

To the guidos in luxury vehicles...let's take Rover. They depreciate like a mo-fo. We're talking about a 45% residual in three years. Also, with the economy tanking, that market is soft. They do not become dated looking as fast as many vehicles. So you find a five year old RRS, buy it for about 30k and slap on 3k in rims. Suddenly, you're the 35k millionaire.

Of course, you're out of warranty, don't have the latest and greatest toys on it, and no longer have road side assistance, comp'ed service loaners, etc.

A $30K used range rover? If I could kop one of those, I wouldn't have started this thread. [​IMG]

For an accountant, you're much to focused on assets and not sufficiently on liablities. Without knowing much more about your financial situation, I can guarantee that you'd be approved for those loans.

I have no liabilities, but still I've looked at some of those mortgage calculators online, and basically I can afford half a crappy apartment in Edmonton on my salary.

5. TheBlackBruceWayne

TheBlackBruceWayne Well-Known Member

thoughts like these often cross my mind..

and you sometimes feel as though people are undeserving of the material wealth they have acquired..

especially knowing the amount of work you have done with little to show for it

the american college system has raped me, leaving me 45k in debt

i barely even have a part time job, now moving to NY where after i graduated, couldnt even get a job at Pier 1 with a degree

shit may seem grim...and this may sound cliche...

but youre alive typing on a computer right now...meaning youre under a roof, meaning you probably have eaten today to have energy to be on here bitching

so shit isnt really THAT bad is it?

keep your chin up, keep observing the way you do, who knows, maybe an opportunity to accumulate more money can spawn from SF...or you can become a personal fashion advisor for the average man..

--BBW

6. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

7. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

this was the meth head I was talking about. Id still DESTROY dat ass

http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int...tid=2454912001

It was posted earlier in this thread. Apparently nobody watched it, or else they'd know she's been making $130K since she was 19.

8. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I'd hit that like a Muslim woman in a burqa.

9. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

It was posted earlier in this thread. Apparently nobody watched it, or else they'd know she's been making $130K since she was 19.

Ah, got it. I didn't read 3 pages about crack heads. I just remembered I saw this show and this bitch was fine as hell. Glad others share my attraction to meth heads.

10. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

I have no liabilities, but still I've looked at some of those mortgage calculators online, and basically I can afford half a crappy apartment in Edmonton on my salary.

You are confusing what you believe you can afford with what a lender will give you.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Ah, got it. I didn't read 3 pages about crack heads. I just remembered I saw this show and this bitch was fine as hell. Glad others share my attraction to meth heads.

[​IMG]

12. imageWIS

It's utterly insane that she makes that much for cutting hair, whereas people with MA's are out of work.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    You are confusing what you believe you can afford with what a lender will give you.

Words to live by.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

It's utterly insane that she makes that much for cutting hair, whereas people with MA's are out of work.

Cutting hair well is quite a talent...

15. imageWIS

[​IMG] No, really though....

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

[​IMG] No, really though....

I'm serious, it requires an actual skill and knowledge of fashion/trends.

17. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

I'm serious, it requires an actual skill and knowledge of fashion/trends.

And more importantly, there is demand from people who want to get their hair cut. People with MAs on the other hand...

18. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

I'm confused, I thought usually lenders will let you bite off more than you can chew... are you saying I probably can't even afford that half a crappy apartment I had my eye on? [​IMG]
    To be fair, her case was a bit of an exception. She learned to cut hair for Paul Mitchell and was teaching courses at his institute and doing hair for fashion shows... where is where she was introduced to her coke habit.
    I just remembered I saw this show and this bitch was fine as hell.
    Yeah, they showed those pictures of her modelling after she got her plastic surgery, she is a hottie.

19. darkdream

darkdream Well-Known Member

Just because you have a masters does not mean you can do the work. My mother fired two people recently who had masters in computer science who could not do even the quality of work of a bachelor degree of middle ranked state college graduate with a mediocre GPA. People assume if you have a good degree you are capable of working in the field or that you are automatically deserving of a high salary. If she is an extraordinary hair stylist, then I do not see it being insane.

20. lastlight

lastlight Well-Known Member

This

Most stylists work at crappy magicuts too. To actually make money and return customers you need knowledge and talent. It is clearly a skill demanding several hundred a cut in good salons. So the demand is there.