1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Explanation of this pic, please...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rs232, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rs232

rs232 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So what's the go with the blue, er, ... thing ... ?

2. kuel

kuel Member

it appears to be an extra lapel button hole my good man

3. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

The tab looks derivative of a throat latch tab, cut to allow the coat to button at the throat (this one appears to not be cut correctly and won't work, but that is hard to tell). Note that it is a keyhole buttonhole (meant to button) unlike the lapel buttonhole, which is not.
    The fact that thread is bright blue is to signal that the wearer is an idiot, by drawing attention to the fact that the wearer is an idiot.

4. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

Its meant to be a buttonhole to fasten to a button under the right lapel, incase coverage is needed for the upper chest.

The fact it is blue is just for sake of ostentatiousness.

5. ohm

ohm Well-Known Member

I believe the purpose of the blue stitching is to bring out the color of the wearer's eyes.

6. element02

element02 Well-Known Member

Do you know who made this jacket? Is there a full picture? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the tab suggests it's a hacking jacket.

7. RyanM

RyanM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So what's the go with the blue, er, ... thing ... ?

Don't worry about it, you're not advanced enough to know the secrets of blue lapel button holes.