1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tomorrowstars, Mar 20, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

not enough shit you don't need for EDC

2. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

True. Maybe I should have added some water purification tablets or perhaps a utility shovel.

3. Boognish

Boognish Well-Known Member

Alright, I'll bite. Only thing not pictured is my phone, which is responsible for the poorly focused pic.

[​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

This one got rejected from the EDC blog...

Filson 257
    Light reading for the train
    RayBan WF
    Totes Umbrella
    Saddleback Wallet
    Zebra Sharbo Pen
    Caran D'Ache Pencil
    Victorinox Fireman
    Biner Keychain w/ Victorinox Classic
    iPod Nano Version 1 4GB
    Hand Sani
    Ricola
    Saddleback Moleskine Cover
    Weekly Comics

not enough firepower broseph [​IMG]

5. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

lol you carry a gun

6. impolyt_one

my EDC: CDG wallet with varying amounts of money in it, cards iPhone mini BIC (fluoro green is my lucky color lately, traditionally orange) cigarettes Sinn or JLC watch on my wrist goody hairband or two on other wrist that's it. Sometimes, additionally: -iPad -Blackberry -Rhodia 10 -moleskin with a mini Zebra pen no weapons. [​IMG]

7. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

iPhone
    wallet
    swatch
    lip balm
    ipod

8. Knisse

Knisse Well-Known Member

Care to post picture of that JLC? I am still considering if i want a JLC or a IWC.

9. impolyt_one

It's definitely not something you'd weigh versus an IWC, very different, this watch in particular. I suppose though, you could compare some JLC master models to some IWC Portuguese, maybe? I don't know, that is a bit of a stretch. I don't even know what other watches you'd be able to legitimately compare this to, maybe a Zenith ultra thin. It's a lot less to look at than it is to think about, regarding the build quality. Bad iPhone pic: [​IMG]

10. Knisse

Knisse Well-Known Member

Thank you for the picture, it is a very nice watch.

In simplicity i reckon the Master Control - in all fairness - is similar to the Portofino, those are actually the two i am considering, i am starting to fear that the Portuguese is too big for my liking.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Not as thin but it's comparable to GO Senator Sixties. If price is no object, VC Patrimony is a good alternative.
    Thank you for the picture, it is a very nice watch. In simplicity i reckon the Master Control would actually - in all fairness - is similar to the Portofino, those are actually the two i have been considering, i am starting to fear that the Portuguese is too big for my liking.
    IWC just released a new set of Portofinos, definitely worth a look. Movement-wise though, JLC got it beat since the cheapest Portofino still uses ETA (even the Portuguese uses a modified Valjoux 7750) and IWC is calling it their entry level watch. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Knisse

Knisse Well-Known Member

The bottom left White dial (roman numbers) is actually the one, but with a brown-ish leather strap or the JLC - MC.

Still, i am in no hurry so who knows, perhaps others will enter the race [​IMG]

VC Patrimony i find to dressy, i wear a lot of different stuff and this is not as versatile (in my opinion as the so far two candidates).

13. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

not enough firepower broseph [​IMG]

Forgot to mention that my Ace comb is poison tipped.

14. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Well-Known Member

All of you guys without any guns (or Swiss Army knives) are just gonna be marks for boognish now. You're all going to be relieved of those nice watches and wallets with the quickness when he runs up on you with the quickness. Consider yourselves warned. I imagine it's going to play out like a cross between The Most Dangerous Game and 50 Cent's "Ski Mask Way" video.

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

^Stop. For further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everyday_carry http://everyday-carry.com/ From the SuFu thread(which is also a good read):

16. Dirtbag Dan

Dirtbag Dan Member

17. Knisse

Knisse Well-Known Member

Yeah right Dan.... Like you would seriously eat Rice Roni

18. Boognish

Boognish Well-Known Member

All of you guys without any guns (or Swiss Army knives) are just gonna be marks for boognish now. You're all going to be relieved of those nice watches and wallets with the quickness when he runs up on you with the quickness. Consider yourselves warned.

I imagine it's going to play out like a cross between The Most Dangerous Game and 50 Cent's "Ski Mask Way" video.

Thanks for playing.

[​IMG]

19. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

watch
    wallet
    kershaw leek
    keys
    iphone 4

20. halisray

halisray Well-Known Member

my watch [​IMG] love this thing [​IMG]