1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tomorrowstars, Mar 20, 2011.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

The fuck is that?

2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

wtf is going on in here

4. MartinLil

MartinLil Well-Known Member

charleskwaltstein, you work for NASA?! :bounce2:

5. MaxK

MaxK Well-Known Member

To cut stuff. Now, it may be sacrilege, but 99.5% (completely valid poll don't you know) of people don't actually need sebenzas, or damascus steel, or titanium linered precision cutting tools. Most people can get by with the swiss army knife my father has had wearing holes in his pockets for the last 35 years (the one he had before that he gave to me on my 8th birthday), or even stabbing packages open with keys. But then again, most people don't need cars that go 150MPH, or suits that fit perfectly, or shoes that are custom made for their feet versus plain old bench-grades.

The secret is that we are guys and we love to take stuff to extremes. So bring on the bespoke $5000+ suits, and the intricate mechanical watches that keep worse time than a $10 quartz, and the cars we'll never use more than 40% of the power and handling on, and all the precision knives that are just like the ones that the DevGru guys have (that they probably rarely use since they are too busy drilling the bad guys with awesome guns so they never even get close and probably don't need to cut much other stuff with anyways).

We'll tell you that our suit fits so well it's worth 10x as much as the one you can get off the rack (because it is worth that to us), and that the watch is a work of art, and that we totally used the 350HP to jump through a tight gap in the passing lane and get to where we needed to go 2 minutes faster, and that the knives are integral to every single thing we do at our desk jobs. But you'll know the secret, it's just because we think they are cool and they are actually kind of useful now and then (even if we don't need all that titanium and exotic scales and such).

1 person likes this.
  6. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Exactly, a real man doesn't need to justify his toys.

7. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Well-Known Member

deets on watch?

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

9. Alphataru

Alphataru Well-Known Member

Man, reading this thread really made me sick to my stomach. I live in NYC, and even I don't even carry weapons with me. In fact, I don't even own a weapon at home (my only knives would be kitchen knives). What exactly do you guys expect to happen out on the streets? You see a guy talk shit to you, and you want to pull your gun and shoot him in the face? Man, this country's messed up.

Anyway, here's my contribution:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. cyc wid it

It's my right to (although my particular county's unconstitutional laws make it impossible to). Just as it's your right not to and ignorantly think that responsible gun owners pull guns for no reason. Hint, people kill people.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. Alphataru

Ah, the age old 'people kill people' argument. Well, tell you what, people aren't able to go on 10+ killing streaks in broad daylight without firearms.

Btw, what exactly do you need to use your guns for on a day to day basis? To open doors in case you forgot your key? To shoot someone who tries to take your $50 wallet by shooting him in the face? Lol.

1 person likes this.
  12. cyc wid it

You carry a gun hoping that you'll never use it. There are so many ways to kill people without using firearms... and guess what you aren't uninventing them. Arguing with anti's is pointless... I remember why I stopped checking here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  13. Alphataru

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

14. Aladin

Aladin New Member

I'm waiting for my new EDC Armytek Light - Partner C1
    [​IMG]

15. OJKD

OJKD Active Member

Nice thread revival Aladin. Here is my EDC.

.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

^EDC of a time traveler

1 person likes this.
  17. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

EDC of Dennis the menace older brother.

18. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Well-Known Member

This thread is awesome in so many ways.

What I carry depends mostly on whether I'm on bike and how long I'll be away from home. In addition to boring regular shit like keys and wallet, I usually carry the following boring shit:

Bike stuffs:
    -Abus u-lock
    -tool pouch containing a 15mm wrench, Park multitool, Lezyne pump, spare tube, and patches.
    -Serfas 150 lumen headlight, rear blinkie. The front light probably seems like overkill to anyone who doesn't ride trails at night, but it does a pretty good job of keeping me unconcussed. I also have an AR15 with a 30 shot mag mounted to my bars in case of bears and/or gangstas.
    -water

All this usually goes in a Swiss salt and pepper bag, along with an extra layer, masculine hygeine products, rubbers, lube, bondage tape, gummy bears, etc.
    Current bag has major flaws, but it looks cool, so it's all good. For now. Seriously, why does every bag in existence fall into 1 of the following 4 categories:
    -Tactical bugout; Sweaty heritage; Adventure Racer UL-XPed; GucciPrada. Everything sucks.

Leatherman or a folding knife as a back-up tactitool, but seeing as how I field-peel mangos far more often than I stab assailants, I'm looking for a friendly looking lil fixed blade that is fruit-proof.

19. transient

transient Well-Known Member

Here's me. No weapons... yet.

Cheap glasses that will get lost, saddleback wallet (great so far), styleforum braceletz.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  20. superego

superego Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

machete, taser and glock 45 no vis