1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Well-Known Member

boom

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

Dunno but give it a try!

3. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

So, on the site it recommends using HopShopGo for international orders, but I can't find Everlane in their list of retailers?

4. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Allowed to discuss the Snap Backback?

Thoughts?

5. JanC

JanC Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has it in bone. It's very nice. Only complaint is it's hard to snap with one hand unless the bag is really full. The drawstrings prevent anything from falling out, so it wasn't a deal breaker.

6. MetManChris

MetManChris Well-Known Member

I bought a large number of items from Everlane over the past couple of years. Now, I will only get something if it looks unusually good for them. Most of their stuff is just a little bit off.

Exceptions I've found: EFM scarves are GREAT and I love them. My cashmere hoodie is also one of my favorites.

7. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Well-Known Member

For those interested, I just orders the swim short (navy) and the lightweight bomber (black) yesterday, both in XS. I'll post comments once I get them.

(I wanted to note, Everlane's current pricing strategy is to effectively double their cost x2 to create their retail price. The reason that sometimes this ends up in oddly high pricing is because the reality is, Everlane's costs are probably a lot higher than other's brands. I do believe it costs them $21 to create the swim short I just bought, but that is likely due to their low volume. If CK made the same suit, their costs would likely be much lower. So in the end, I feel like their strategy actually doesn't work. Anyways, I'll see if I like these items enough to keep them or not.)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  8. falathar

falathar Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence about that bomber. There's something odd about the way that collar looks.

9. pnewelljr

Now that you mention it, I see what you mean. It sticks out really far, like it looks all weird. I still have time to cancel my order haha

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't know why they decided to put some odd stand up button down collar instead of just going traditional.

If Everlane made a decent Nylon MA-1 that fit well and didn't try to do some weird shit, it would sell out easily at that price point.

11. Bam!ChairDance

The stand collar is pretty traditional, just a diff style from the stadium collar. And that's what gets me about it-- it's a bit too standard issue. Like some Macy's ish. Oh well

12. falathar

falathar Well-Known Member

For me, it's not so much that it's a stand collar but more like how the corner point is a little too exaggerated and oversized. It's just a weird proportion.

13. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Going to be abroad for the remainder of the month.

The weekender has everything I need except the clothes on my back, with room to spare (at least I hope I have enough stuff).

[​IMG]

14. pnewelljr

Returned both right away. The jacket's collar is just as weird in person. And overall it just felt like something a trucker would wear or something. Maybe I'm just not a thin nylon jacket kind of guy.

The swim suit was not form fitting enough, and the material felt a little off.

Overall, it just all felt a little... off.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  15. Bam!ChairDance

The cashmere crew I bought arrived today and... I like it.

It fits small-to-size, but once I sized up I found the fit to be pretty great, a nice departure from Everlane's previous adventures in weird wonky cuts. Fabric is pleasantly cozy. We'll see how it holds up I s'pose

16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Hmm, I saw an email about those and was considering it.

I could use a new v-neck...thinking about a gray one.

17. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Everlanes v necks are pretty solid.

18. boned

boned Well-Known Member

How is it holding up? I've heard some opinions say it is good, some say it's shit. I'm on the fence so I'd like an opinion from someone who has used it quite a bit.

19. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Well, that trip was hardly the first that it has been on and it is still going strong. The straps have always felt flimsy but that hasn't been an actual problem yet. I'd be hesitant to yank the bag around with only one strap (which is probably what a baggage handler would do) and I always felt like they could use an X of stitching for additional reinforcement, but again, they are still attached just fine. Length is OK with me too. It is long enough that I can put it on my shoulder temporarily if I need both hands free, but I don't find them too long when carrying it in my hand (although I am fairly tall)

Looking at the website, they have definitely changed them a bit (for instance, the inner pocket now seems to be made out of the outer material instead of the inner material) so I can't truly speak for the current quality--did I hear somewhere that they beefed up the straps too?

1 person likes this.
  20. boned

boned Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll probably get one. It was either that or a Fjallraven No. 4, which looks kind of boyish IMO. It does look like they've come out with new iterations like the reverse denim and black leather (which I might grab), or the ones with tan leather.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014