1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. thenanyu

thenanyu Well-Known Member

FYI the oxford shirts fit really slim, pretty close to Epaulet, not quite BoO, if you are familiar with those fits (but without darts).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

Oxfords are $55, cashmere is $120

3. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Well-Known Member

That hip flare on the oxfords [​IMG]

4. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

I saw that. Exacerbated by what appears to be a very tight chest.

5. Sockin

Sockin New Member

How do either of those compare to Uniqlo? I just ordered a medium smoke ocbd and I have a small slim fit ocbd from Uniqlo that I would prefer be a touch bigger.

6. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

+1

+1

I was expecting a cardigan too. :(

7. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Really nice collar roll, though, which is something usually lacking in oxford shirts in the lower price brackets.

8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

True. It has potential to be a really nice shirt with some darting. I'll let someone else find out :hide:

9. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Well-Known Member

WTF happened to the nice green color sweater? [​IMG]
    Ordered two ox's, smoke and white, I really don't need another light blue. It's fall/winter, a nice navy would have been much better imo.
    I also ordered two sweaters, the grey heather and the navy, really wish they did that nice heather green I was looking forward to something a little different.

10. Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

How would this cashmere compare to say Johnstons of Elgin?

11. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

i was also looking forward to that heather green.

has anyone bought a scarf? was thinking of grabbing one for the wife.

12. ShiroiAkuma

They came out 8 hours ago I can assure you nobody has them yet.

13. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Well-Known Member

I don't think their done, remember they are suppose to release some cardigans. I hope that heather green/blue mix makes it to production.

14. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yeah fit looks kinda wack. Wonder how it measures and at $55, rather pay $30-50 more and just get a Gitman I think

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Congrats on getting the new product out Nanyu! :)

OCBD's look great and the price is fair. I may try one out down the line to be sure, but going by the size chart I am not sure they would fit me. Sleeve length on the Large looks like it might be little short and I could use a little more room in the chest. Thinking an X that was a little longer and and cut for a broader chest would work better. Any plans on expanding your size selection for us larger guys?

16. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Looking at the closer pictures of the collar, I feel that the button placement is way too low on the shirt; if it were placed higher you'd have a much better collar roll. Right now it looks like the collars are stretching their gosh darndest trying to reach that button. Any further and they'd just give up.

Also I don't really get why the hips flare out so much. Like someone said, it could be remedied by darts, but that still requires extra effort/money. I think I'll pass.

1 person likes this.
  17. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Also, how does the OCBD stand up after 3 months of wear?

18. ShiroiAkuma

I love how it's always people bitching and hating in here, but go in any thread of the overpriced brands (who don't have perfect fits for multiple times more $$) and everyone is defending them as if it's a first born child. They are $55 with what looks like a pretty good fit (with out a box pleat) and river shell buttons.
    If this type of brand isn't your cup of tea just move on. If you have something worth while to complain about or think they should look into changing by all means everyone is open to opinions. The major issue with a brand like this who takes what people say into consideration is you just can't make everyone happy, everyone wants something different.
    Hell Caltax spam post in here bitching about how it better not have a box pleat (for example on this one product) but I can almost guarantee he hasn’t & isn’t buying an oxford. So should his input not matter? Or isn’t a valid point?
    I guess my point is, using the French Terry misconception as a base line. Let people receive and test the fit out before complaining just because you’re bored.

2 people like this.
  19. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

I put in an order for a white and blue OCBD; I'll reserve judgement until they arrive. You can always return, so I figure why not? If they fit me well, great. If the cut doesn't work for me, no real harm.

Regarding the pictures -- it's hard to tell from a single model/photoshoot. There are loads of pictures out there of Gitman Vintage, WvG, etc. looking whack.

20. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Well-Known Member

I would prob buy some stuff if there were XLs. Weird that a brand this far along (70,000 tees sold!) still doesn't offer an XL.