1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

Made 2 orders from Everlane to test out the sizes between shirts. It took about 4 business days (domestically) for the 1st order, and 3 for the next. The refund processed a lot quicker than stated on their website. I definitely love the 4 shirts that I got and love the feel of it. Its a bit thicker but more comfortable compared to the shirts that Ive been wearing. I want to check our their sweatshirts too but the merlot color is all sold out :(, I hope that the quality is consistent between shirts to the sweatshirt.

2. ykim917

ykim917 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add my two cents to this whole discussion - please don't construe any of this as complaining .. because it's not really.

I love the website and ordering process. Shipping was pretty quick, maybe because I live an hour south of San Francisco. Unfortunately, as I had previously suspected, the recently lengthened mediums fit about an inch or two long for my taste. The small's length was perfect, but fit just a bit too tight around the chest.

I was disappointed in the quality of the material. The white was very see-through, and the material on all the others didn't really feel that soft or thick (which was surprising given all the positive reviews on this forum and elsewhere). I think I'll stick with BR's soft-wash v neck tees in the future. The material is much softer and thicker, and the fit is spot-on for me (the small has a little more room around the chest). BR's tees are definitely not worth the $24.50 they've been marked at retail, but if you catch them at a 40% + 25% off sale, they're much cheaper than Everlane's, even when you factor in shipping.

I'll be sending the shirts back for returns, but I'm glad I had a chance to try them on.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  3. thenanyu

thenanyu Well-Known Member

Measurements for French Terry

[​IMG]

Note:

- There is a little heft to the fabric, so the measurements will seem on the larger side, but you should match up 1-to-1 with our t-shirts

- This is raglan sleeve, so there is no shoulder seam, so sleeve measurements are from neck to end of sleeve

1 person likes this.
  4. fruityoaty

fruityoaty Member

FWIW, my 1st gen (washed many times) terry in medium measures:

length: 26"
    chest: 23"
    sleeve: 34"

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  5. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

How much shrinkage can we expect from the sweatshirts?

6. plato

plato Well-Known Member

I get your point about fit, but have a comment or two about fabric. The t-shirts don't feel that soft out of the box. I think Nan said something about the processes used just before packing the t-shirts affecting their handfeel on arrival. After you wash them they get much softer. I didn't believe what someone else on the forum said about that until I did it for myself, and it's been true of each of my t-shirts from them. In my experience (and from what I was told a few years back as a sales associate at J Crew), much of the softness of items from BR and J Crew is from the heavy-duty fabric softeners they use before the products go to stores. The downside is often that those wash out over time, and the items become less soft. So far in my experience, the softness of the Everlane tees seems to be a quality of the fabric, not of a chemical. If anything, it seems you need to wash out a chemical at the beginning.

When it comes to the weight of the fabric, I tend to think that different weights are good for different things. Everlane tees are great for hot summers, and now that it's cooler I'm layering them under button-ups or sweaters. I also have other brands of t-shirts of other weights that I use in different ways, but most of them are not as soft (after the wash). Then too, BR t-shirts have been too short for me in the past.

Just thought I'd add my two cents to yours. Hope it helps.

2 people like this.
  7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Thanks! I may try one, but have a feeling the sleeve might be a tad on the small size. Returns are not an issue with you guys right?

Looking forward to the sizing on the OCBD too. :)

EDIT: Also I like the look of your bags. Has their been any talk of a canvas brief? Similar to the Filson 256 in function and use.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  8. edamame

edamame Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  9. edamame

edamame Well-Known Member

Nan, is there any way I could get this color scarf, even though it is not a production color?

10. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Well-Known Member

What did nanyu say about the grey snap? Gone for a while or is there a restock? I know there's a darker green snap back coming soon

11. tgod93

tgod93 Well-Known Member

will mens scarves be made later on in the year? cardigans? estimated price on cashmere?

12. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Well-Known Member

Not sure about price, but I'm pretty sure cashmere cardigans are coming

13. plato

plato Well-Known Member

So, I just ordered a few things, but am confused on one point. The black terry sweatshirt says it's a preorder that will ship on Oct 16, 2012, which is two days ago. Is it in stock, so that it will ship? Which would mean that it's just an IT error? Or am I stuck waiting for a mis-dated restock?

Ideas Nan?

14. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the sweaters will be offered on Nov 1st as cardigans, crews, or v necks. I think their estimated price is $100, based on what I read from unofficial fall preview stuff.

Got the French Terry and one of the newer tees in today. Need to exchange the sweatshirt for a smaller size, so it'll be more fitted in the body and arms. I haven't ordered a tee in size S since the very first batch of shirts they've offered - that one has also been washed a number of times - but this new shirt is slightly over 2" longer than the OG version. I'm sure some of that would be lost in the wash, but maybe y'all who were looking for longer tees might be more pleased now?

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I have to say I am a huge fan of the crew necks versus v-neck.

I picked up the first set of v-necks back when Everlane was starting out, size small. Loved the fit. Loved the texture or lack thereof (soft feel and stretchy). Love the color choice.

The new gray is a beautiful shade. Black is good too and it is a lot better than my BR v-neck with a bit more taper in the body. Best part is that the cloth used does not seem to catch lint like how you may experience with other black t-shirts. Black tee especially with a nice crew neck cut is a staple for me so I am happy with how the order turned out.

Picked up both the "slate gray" and black; will be picking up another half dozen batch (hooray for free shipping!)
    I sized up to a medium this time (I have size small v-neck from the very first batch but it is too slim fit for my liking now after many washed and machine dry, and experienced the size medium v-neck but the 'v' was too loose/cut deep for me). Medium crew neck is great and dare I saw a bit fitted almost like my size small v-neck from the first batch. IMO I think Everlane took a lot of your suggestions in slimming the t-shirts more. That or I am filling out the medium a lot better due to my active participation at the gym (will be 1 year soon!) I may size up to a large. Hmm.

Some photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, I believe the last review was a positive one so this will make it twice now. Great job!

3 people like this.
  16. ykim917

ykim917 Well-Known Member

17. misterdictator

misterdictator Member

Anyone else having problems logging into Everlane today?

18. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

Just got a navy french terry in, small measurement is actually 21.5 P2P, this is pretty disappointing.

19. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

It's not that surprising they would under report the measurements by just a bit. Most people need that, not understanding that their sweatshirt measurements should be slightly more than a first layer. You should be able to shrink it by at least .5" I would guess by running it through a wash and dry cycle. Not a huge deal.

20. aspasp

aspasp Well-Known Member