1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ever bought a suit through Yoox?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SirGrotius, May 21, 2011.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I saw a deal on a RLBL suit on Yoox that seemed tempting (i.e., around 1200), but have never purchased something more significant than a shirt through Yoox.

Has anyone had any experience with their suits? I have this bad feeling that the suits are somehow...different. Taking 50% off retail worries me a bit.

I hope I'm wrong.

2. Iceball

Iceball Well-Known Member

Their suits are fine, no different quality from normal - obviously sometimes slightly unloved designs which is why it ends up on Yoox in the first place. Obviously you can't tell if it's say a 38R drop 6 or a 38L drop 7 except roughly from the pictures but everything I've bought has been standard R length and regular drop so you should be okay.

I've bought Zileri, Cantarelli and Caruso suits from Yoox - all very nice.

3. Grigory

Grigory Well-Known Member

As long as you don't experiment with obscure Italian brands everything will be ok.
    I've bought two Caruso suits from Yoox - they are great!
    But when price goes 70-80% off retail you should be cautious. Caruso sport coat which I've bought for 140 euros was ridicuously short - I had to return it.

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Actually, the sale isn't much at all. i misspoke. It seems that RLBL suits go for about $1400-$2000 and the one on Yoox is $1200 so I'm not that excited.

5. Grigory

Grigory Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect good prices for Ralph Lauren items anywhere except USA.

6. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Give it a miss. You can get Ralph Lauren Black Label much cheaper than that. I assume you are based in the USA though. If not, Yoox might be the cheapest you could get apart from eBay or B&S.