1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ESPN's Best-Dressed Analyst

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VikingsFan82, Oct 28, 2009.

1. VikingsFan82

VikingsFan82 Well-Known Member

Everyone here knows how awfully most ESPN commentators dress: oversized jackets, loud color schemes, HUGE tie knots, etc. The GQ blog just posted about ESPN analyst Jesse Palmer. He used to play for the Giants, and apparently was on "The Bachelor" for one season (didn't realize that before). The dude has a very StyleForum-approved wardrobe: MTM Zegna suits and shirts, spread collars, RLBL ties with four-in-hand knots, TV-fold pocket squares, and Barker Black Stratons. He says he owns 35 suits from Zegna. Wish I had that kind of money. Good read:
    http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2009/1...d-on-espn.html

2. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Well-Known Member

And yet Steve Philips gets all the hot chicks. Go figure.

3. VikingsFan82

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

Everyone here knows how awfully most ESPN commentators dress: oversized jackets, loud color schemes, HUGE tie knots, etc.

I wouldn't lump most ESPN commentators with the sports crowd we usually bash here (think NFL on Fox). Many dress pretty well, on the conservative side etc. Fowler, Herbstreit, Patrick when he was there etc. Not exceptional generally but pretty good.

For that matter, a number of the NFL peeps have improved of late- non-matchy squares, better fits, ties...

5. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Lou Holtz dresses surprisingly well, IMO. I don't like Herbstreit's shirt collars, but he otherwise dresses fairly well.

6. intent

intent Well-Known Member

7. ohm

ohm Well-Known Member

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

the best part is how charles barkley just let his latest scandal slide off his portly figure and went right back to work...

espn seems to have a very short leash on its employees.

9. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Archie Manning is the best dressed I've seen...Jesse Palmer is not bad, however.

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

Palmer must be losing some of his "17 1/2 inch football players neck". His shirt collar is too large and there's that little peak above the knot. I don't like it.

Otherwise it looks pretty decent for a sports analyst.

11. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Well-Known Member

12. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

Definitely not. His most recent was far from "hot."

[​IMG]

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...t_network.html

jeeeze. he lost his job and what is left of his family for that? dude has a serious problem, and i am not just talking about his eyesight.

13. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Well-Known Member

I was going to say Jesse Palmer, he always looks really sharp.

14. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

Tiki Barber always looks good. A little google-searching reveals his stuff is also Zegna MTM.

15. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

Most Sports Analysts are dressing better on all the channels. I dont think they should dress like the money men with a sixties swank. The GQ editor may, like too many people in the fashion industry, feel the need to make a profound, generalized (and yet subjective) stand.

Sports analysts are not in a conservative industry, do not need to fit in, do not need to compensate for a lack of masculinity and look good in color. Also, they are playing to a demographic that is currently impressed with individuality.

16. Rob_Sutherland

Rob_Sutherland Well-Known Member

One thing I don’t get. He’s 6’2” and 225lbs and wears a 44R. I’m 5’11” and 195lbs and wear…a 44R.

I know if I grew 3 inches and gained 30 lbs, I wouldn’t be in the same suits I am now!

17. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Well-Known Member

Palmer & Tiki Barber!

18. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

One thing I don’t get. He’s 6’2” and 225lbs and wears a 44R. I’m 5’11” and 195lbs and wear…a 44R. I know if I grew 3 inches and gained 30 lbs, I wouldn’t be in the same suits I am now!
    Not nearly as curious as CC Sabathia listing himself as 6'-7" and only 290 lbs. Man, the sports media had a field day with that. Athletes or the franchises routinely tweak heights and weights which behavior may rub off on the players.

19. VikingsFan82

One thing I don’t get. He’s 6’2” and 225lbs and wears a 44R. I’m 5’11” and 195lbs and wear…a 44R. I know if I grew 3 inches and gained 30 lbs, I wouldn’t be in the same suits I am now!
    Muscle weight more than fat... Also, he might just have a bigger ribcage than you (widest chest)

20. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

I'm a 6'1" very athletic 200lbs and fit into most 42's just fine (not RLBL, Hickey etc). A lot of my weight comes from my quads and glutes. Different physiques will yield different suit sizes regardless of weight.

However there is no way that CC is under 300lbs...