1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

Difficult to say based on the photos - my instinct would be that Burgundy would be best for both, but Aus Nut wouldnt be a disaster. Very happy to send samples if you like? Charlie

2. Equus Leather

Hi Jason,

We're just in the throws of developing our wallet patterns so it may be we can make somthing for you. PM me some photos and I'll take a look.

Charlie

3. cold war painter

cold war painter Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but is that the Sedgewick Australian Nut? The belt I have made of the Baker's Australian Nut seems to have more red tones in it than that, and sit somewhere between the two. Perhaps that might be an option?

4. Equus Leather

Thats actually a very valid suggestion. Id forgotten about the BAN, its a really useful reddy brown, well worth a though

Charlie

5. Sergej

Sergej Member

Hi Charlie and cold war painter,

Thanks for the suggetions, very helpful.

@Charlie, pm'd you about the samples.

6. Salanito

Salanito Member

Got my new belt and it is a very nice belt, best one I ever owned. The only problem with it is that the belt buckle is making some squeaking sounds when it is moved sometimes. But will try putting some oil there or something and see if that helps.

7. Equus Leather

Hi Salanito,

What buckle do you have? Are you sure it isnt the leather creaking?

Charlie

8. Salanito

Salanito Member

Hi

No i am very sure it is the buckle since it only happens when it moves, and its stainless steel.

9. Equus Leather

Is it a roller buckle? I think it must be, they are really the only things that can squeak. Its somthing that design of buckle can do but I think you'll find it'll settle down, and as you've done a little oil will probably help it.

Hope that helps,

Charlie

10. Salanito

Salanito Member

Its the one that comes with the standard west end belt.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  11. Equus Leather

If it is the West End rather than West End Roller Im a little surprised, Ive never heard of one squeaking before. If the oil doesn't help you're welcome to send it over for us to take a look at if you want to.

Charlie

12. Salanito

Salanito Member

It is the standard West End assuming you did not accidently put the wrong one on it. But it was a very clear squeaking sound if you moved the buckle specially when I took the belt of and moved the buckle back and forth. I would guess the leather was a bit dry and when the buckle moved the squeaking sound was produced but I do not know much about either leather or belts. But the oil seems to have solved the problem since it makes no sound now. The leather around the buckle did get a bit of a darker color of the oil. But even if it stays that way it will not matter since the end of the belt goes over it anyway. So problem seems to be solved.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  13. ezlau

ezlau Well-Known Member

I have squeaks in my belt too, (West End and Fillis) but I think it is mainly coming from the inner leather rubbing against mthe button of my pants. Doesn't really bother me.

14. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Is there any chance you have your suede belts in pictures with better lighting?

I've got the blue and snuff suede, with the brown suede coming in a few months. Was looking for a belt that would be a versatile shade for all these. Primarily the Snuff suede, as I will be getting more of that down the road.

Thanks!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Snuff Suede

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Navy/Chocolate

15. Equus Leather

Hi Mr J, How about we send you some off cuts? A first hand look is worth a thousand photos and all that! In summation though I'd say our Tobacco is a good match for your Snuff and our Chocolate is close to yours. Our suede is reverse polo saddle butt so the nap is bigger and stronger than your shoes, which I assume is reverse calf so a softer texture. I hope that helps Charlie

16. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Great! I'll send you an email :)

Thanks!

17. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

how much is shipping to the US?

18. Kinglew619

Kinglew619 Well-Known Member

what model and color is similar to the most basic standard utility belt like the ones from corter leather and tanner goods? currently looking through youre site and I'm confused on which belt to get.

also how many oz's does the belt weigh and what is the width? thanks

19. Equus Leather

Shipping for 1 - 2 belt to the US and anywhere outside the EU is £13.75. For more than that we have a flat rate of £21.50 no matter the weight. This is for Royal Mail International Signed for, we can organise other services if needs be at the appropriate prices

Charlie

20. Equus Leather

In all honesty thats quite a difficult question to answer. We have a lot of choice and a lot of options - standard isnt somthing we cover on the website really!

We can certainly make a belt that will do what you want. Assuming you want a Brass Roller Buckle the belt you want is here. Its made using 9 - 10 oz leather and you can select a width at the bottom of the page, plus colour, size etc, theres lots of choice. If you want heavier leather we can do that to, up to 14 oz plus.

If I can help more drop me a pm, we can go through the options together and find somthing thats just right for you Im sure

Charlir