• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So my belts arrived. I was worried they were a tad too short, but actually even though I don't hit the middle hole exactly (my fault), the fit is superb. Pics below: Both 1.25" and with pewter West End.
Glad you like them :)

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
Just got my belts the other day, absolutely world class service and product. :slayer:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick post to say Happy Christmas to everyone here and a big thank you to our customers for shopping with us this year. Officially we are having a week off between Christmas and New Year but I'll be keeping an eye on email and messages/posts here though so just let me know if I can help anyone.

Happy Christmas everyone,

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick post to give you preview of a new colour of Sedgwick leather we've got in. Its called Oxford Tan and its filling a gap in the range for a proper mid brown, between our Hazel and Australian Nut. The colour is live on the website though we havent got it on the colours page quite yet.

Only a basic snapshot but will post better photos when we've taken them.

Charlie

pleco

Reaction score
Just put my order through for a watch strap! Went with Aus Nut with white stitching for my Omega PO. I'll post pics when I get it :D

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, Charlie! i was in that BAKERS OAK BARK TANNED BELT limited run 1.5 yrs ago. my russet belt is aging fabulously, btw ... LUV it !

anyway, 'been hunting for some black bridle leather belt on 2-pronged brass garrison buckle.
'thought you did a SF run sometime ago on a natural [russet?] bridle, but couldn't seem to find the photo posting.
are you able to make it possible? how much would it set me back?

here's exactly what i'm looking for:

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

hey, Charlie! i was in that BAKERS OAK BARK TANNED BELT limited run 1.5 yrs ago. my russet belt is aging fabulously, btw ... LUV it !

anyway, 'been hunting for some black bridle leather belt on 2-pronged brass garrison buckle.
'thought you did a SF run sometime ago on a natural [russet?] bridle, but couldn't seem to find the photo posting.
are you able to make it possible? how much would it set me back?

here's exactly what i'm looking for:

Excellent, I'm really glad your belt is still doing well. The Russet does age amazingly pleasingly.

We can definitely make a belt like that in black, in fact I'm sure I made that belt! That design is £65 (+ VAT if your in Europe) + shipping.

Drop me a PM and we can finalise the details,

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

On the subject of double tounge buckles here's a prototype I made earlier I thought I'd share. This is a civilian take on the traditional British Army Officers Sam Browne belt, I rather like it, I think it will join the product line shortly. Its unusual in that in common with the military version theres a stud fitting to keep the tail of the belt tight to the body and only 3 holes of adjustment for a very tailored fit.

Charlie

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dear Charlie,

Why does this belt have three holes whereas for you to make only three holes in a first try of a lined and raised belt tricky?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi All,

On the subject of double tounge buckles here's a prototype I made earlier I thought I'd share. This is a civilian take on the traditional British Army Officers Sam Browne belt, I rather like it, I think it will join the product line shortly. Its unusual in that in common with the military version theres a stud fitting to keep the tail of the belt tight to the body and only 3 holes of adjustment for a very tailored fit.

Charlie

Hi All,

Website updated - the Sam Browne belt can be seen and bought here. Its priced at £80 (including VAT for the Europeans)

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dear Charlie,

Why does this belt have three holes whereas for you to make only three holes in a first try of a lined and raised belt tricky?

Its what the design demands really, I wanted to make the design as close to the original version as possible which only has 3 holes. There also isnt really the space for 5 holes, each hole has to have a corresponding hole in the tail for the stud. All in all it just works best with 3 holes in my view where as I tend to suggest people have at least 5 in a conventional belt for flexibility. Horses for courses I suppose!

Charlie

WetbehindEars

Reaction score
Charlie, I've been reading through the entire equus thread, marveling at the beautiful leather goods that people have kindly posted pictures of. I currently am not in a position to buy one of your belts (I just lost 25 lbs and I'm planning on at least 15 more) but once my waistline stabilizes, you can be sure that I'll be placing an order. For now, all I can say is that it joys me to see that someone is building a quality product for a fair price, while kindly and gracefully providing superb customer service to a very loyal group of customers (there's a good reason why they love their belts so much). In a world where most people care only about money and a quick sell and most goods are mass-produced, it's heartening to know that someone is doing what they love and doing a damn good job of it. Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication to excellence!

Quick question: is Equus made up of only you and Dawn or are there other workers as well? Just asking out of idle curiosity... at any rate, send my best to all of your fellow Equus artisans!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Charlie, I've been reading through the entire equus thread, marveling at the beautiful leather goods that people have kindly posted pictures of. I currently am not in a position to buy one of your belts (I just lost 25 lbs and I'm planning on at least 15 more) but once my waistline stabilizes, you can be sure that I'll be placing an order. For now, all I can say is that it joys me to see that someone is building a quality product for a fair price, while kindly and gracefully providing superb customer service to a very loyal group of customers (there's a good reason why they love their belts so much). In a world where most people care only about money and a quick sell and most goods are mass-produced, it's heartening to know that someone is doing what they love and doing a damn good job of it. Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication to excellence!

Quick question: is Equus made up of only you and Dawn or are there other workers as well? Just asking out of idle curiosity... at any rate, send my best to all of your fellow Equus artisans!

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated. Weight loss and belt shopping aren't great companions! I lost about 25lb last year marathon training and shrank out of a good proportion of my very large belt collection annoyingly!

To answer our question, Dawn does a lot of the admin side and order managment side and I run the business and make quite a lot of the belts. We have another couple of people in the workshop as well and we're looking for one more as well to keep up with demand. We're very small really and the skills we use are pretty arcane so its unlikely we'll ever get to be very big. Much nicer that way, we stay closer to our customers and it's better to make things one by one an in a production line anyway. Henry Ford I suspect I am not, sadly for my bank account!

Charlie

noone

Reaction score
Hi pleco, I really love that Bakers in aus nut colour.

I tried to look at the website but seems that only the Sedgewick leather has aus nut colour, whereas the Bakers has the Scott Oak Bark. Are they the same colour?

Thanks
So my belts arrived. I was worried they were a tad too short, but actually even though I don't hit the middle hole exactly (my fault), the fit is superb.

Pics below:

Beautifully wrapped with a note.

One in black Sedgewicks, one in Bakers aus nut

The Bakers on.

Both 1.25" and with pewter West End.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics