1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Quite a few people have been in touch about the belt above - as promised its on the website now here. This is an evolution of the Russet Military belt we did a while ago, this version is its smarter cousin but retains the same double tounge and stitching that made the original popular.

On a side note Ive nearly tracked down some really nice quality suede I hope, also by popular demand - will keep the thread updated when Ive seen samples..

Charlie

2. JonChops

JonChops Member

Another thumbs up for Equus here! I ordered the burgundy west end to go with my AE Park Avenues, and then got worried that the burgundy's would not match. I had them send me the swatches, and sure enough they didn't match, and didn't really compliment each other either. They had almost finished making my belt, but Charlie said it was no problem and offered to make a new one in Australian Nut for me! Outstanding service, and a great belt that seems to be very solid!

I will definitely be buying more as I wear out my cheaper department store belts.

3. Equus Leather

Glad to have helped :)

Just a thought for you guys in the US - we price everything in £Sterling so the £-$ exchange rate is very in your favour at the moment, its a cheap time to buy ;-)

Charlie

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

Just ordered two belts this morning! Didn't have much of a choice, this thread and the pictures forced my hand. [​IMG]

Just curious, how long does it take for them to be made and shipped?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  5. Equus Leather

Hi Anakin,

Thanks for the order :)

Everything is made to measure and to order and we have a waiting list of a calendar month or so - we'll keep you updated on progress though

Charlie

1 person likes this.
  6. Lustro

Lustro Member

I want to order a West End.

What clostest-matching color do you have that matches these shoes (labeled "dark chocolate calf"):

[​IMG]

7. Equus Leather

Almost certainly Dark Havanna, I describe it as dark chocolate coloured (specifically Bendicts Bittermint coloured for chocolate fans!) - am happy to send you a sample if you'd like to see first hand though. Charlie

8. cyclonus

cyclonus Member

What color is the Cheviot Belt in the top sample picture? I like this greyish-blue-khaki-hard-to-tell tone, but it does not look like any of the color samples beneath.

9. Equus Leather

Thats isnt a great photo, sorry. I'd say the colour of the web the photo shows is between Dark Brown and Wolf Brown, and closest to Dark Brown probably - the contrast between the leather colour (Aus Nut in that photo) and the web is quite difficult to capture.

Very happy to send samples of web and leather if it helps,

Charlie

10. brillopad

brillopad Well-Known Member

I received two Equus belts recently (Australian nut and oak brown, 1 1/4") and have been enjoying them quite a bit. I put up some pictures and a review on my blog for those that are interested. Thanks, Charlie and Dawn!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Equus Leather

Glad you like them :)

12. redboat

redboat Well-Known Member

Nice blog...especially for those of us in San Francisco. Appreciate the retailer reviews.

13. brillopad

brillopad Well-Known Member

Glad you like it! If you're in the Bay Area then you should check out this event that I'm setting up with some San Francisco guys.

Anyway, back to belts.

14. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Great review and I have to say Equus belts are the best I own. I will more than likely end up owning one in each color at some point...

15. calidist

calidist Well-Known Member

A burgundy belt I ordered arrived today. It is a lighter shade than needed to optimally match my color 8 cordovan shoes. Can anyone tried applying some burgundy wax or cream to darken one of Equus' burgundy belts?

16. Equus Leather

Hi Calidist,

I'd be very happy to send you a/some offcuts for testing if that would help? Might be safer than experimenting with the belt itself. We havent personally tried anything that might help so cant advise any specific creams etc, but maybe the shoe guys here can

Charlie

17. calidist

calidist Well-Known Member

Thank you for your offer Charlie. This is certainly my fault by ordering the belt without seeing a live sample. The belt is beautiful though and will get lots of use.

18. Equus Leather

Good stuff, glad you like it! If some offcuts would help see if you can tint it a little I'm more than happy to send them over, just let me know and they'll be on their way ASAP

Charlie

19. Equus Leather

Hi All,

Just thought I'd post to photos, I havent put any new ones up for a little while.

This is the Sam Browne belt, the design is a re working of the British Army officers belt tweaked so it works for the civilian wardrobe but retains the unique features of the original. Interesting (to me anyway) how different a design can look in different colours

In Burgundy

[​IMG]

In Oxford Tan - a new colour for us, a really good mid brown

[​IMG]

British Racing Green with yellow stitching would be spectacular I think - might have to make one just as a photographic model...

More later!

Charlie

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Equus Leather

Easter discount coupon for people - supposedly the start of Spring proper but we have a lot of snow here so maybe we can spread some retail cheer instead!

The code Easter13 will (unsurprisingly) get you 13% of everything in your cart until midnight on Easter Monday. The website will automatically deduct the 20% VAT as well for non Europeans, plus the exchange rate is working in your favour at the moment - good time to buy! I think the € has risen against the £ as well so good for Europeans as well

As ever here to help if needs be,

Charlie

1 person likes this.