1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Equus Leather, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

Interesting. I enjoyed them too, and one of the forthcoming buckles referes back to them. Maybe we'll make more at some point

2. EKarlsson

EKarlsson New Member

Thank you for your advice. I will probably go with the Conker and Dark Havanna. I have read a fair bit of this thread now and have seen that you have offered to send leather samples to people for free, do you still do this?

Thanks in advance,
    EKarlsson

3. Equus Leather

We dont offer the samples for free anymore, the service was abused somewhat, though certainly not by SF people, weirdly theres a forum for people who like free things who found we did it, and we couldnt tell who was actually interested in what we do and who just wanted a free thing! It cost us a fortune sending free samples to the US till we cottoned on to what was going on. We sell them via the website for a nominal fee now and include a coupon that gives you a discount greater than we've charged

2 people like this.
  4. EKarlsson

EKarlsson New Member

Okay, that's understandable. I will order a sample.

5. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see them.

6. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the 1 3/8" as well. I ordered several in that width including a Shackleton & Scott. I don't wear them with suits but they are versatile enough for jeans to chinos to flannel trousers & SC.

7. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

I thought Id post some development photos of some of the design work thats been going on recently. We're working on a lot of aspects of buckle design, some tweaks to the way existing things are made or ore designed, some completely new products. Quite a bit of it will take ages to come to fruition, its amazingly time and resource intensive to get a design just right, but heres a little insight

This is a little family photo. This is the underside of the original Stratfield on the left, a new Damascus buckle about to be launched with the first iteration of a new pin design, and then the final launch version of the same pin on the left. You can see we made the finalised version pin longer, and substantially wider over the course of testing
    [​IMG]

The original Stratfield pin works really well, but I felt we could improve it for new designs. You can see we've added a second shoulder in to the pin so the buckle is held to the strap when the belt is undone even without the side pieces the Stratfield has to help do that

[​IMG]

Heres a couple of shots of the buckle on my every day Baranil/rusticalf strap

Strap fitted to the buckle

[​IMG]

Done up - enough coming through but no more

[​IMG]

Definitley a post for the detail freaks! Its a amazing the difference tiny differences make though

Charlie

3 people like this.
  8. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

Having just dropped and dinged my stratfield buckle yesterday, this is a welcome upgraded design. Definitely more secured now.

9. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Hello, what's the current turnaround looking like? Love my Bakers Oak Brown and wanting to add a west end black to the mix. Wanting to time it appropriately due to current travel. I know Christmas time was backed up 1month+.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  10. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Also, any plans for a wallet with coin pocket on the right side when opened? Definitely a necessity for a lot of EU folks......hate having coins in my pocket.

11. Equus Leather

Hi,

Sorry for the belated response, I have been under the weather this week so have been away from social media for a few days recovering!

Probably about the same lead time at the moment, but if you need the belts for a given date we'll certainly try to help, drop me an email or pm

Charlie

12. Equus Leather

Actually yes, as lots of people have asked for this. I'm testing so nice Swiss made press studs at the moment, once we're happy and we have a design for the leather past as well we'll get one lanched. Ive always struggled to find a source of excellent press studs which is why we havent done this up to now, but I think probably this is sorted now

Charlie

13. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Fantastic, looking forward to it. A full ostrich with a coin pocket sounds like something dreams are made of.

14. JDelage

JDelage Well-Known Member

Hi - new to the thread so I'm sure my question has been asked before but I can't find the answer so far. Why are some buckles available with Bakers leather and some only available with bridle leather?

Thanks!

15. Equus Leather

In part because the Bakers leather is thicker, so some of the buckles (like the Berkley) might be a little harder to use. More than anything its about just presenting a traditional, classic belt though which the West End family of buckles best do, but we can certainly make custom versions of the belts with nearly all the buckles. Drop me a PM if you like and we can chat through the options

Charlie

16. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

We've just got a batch of the Mayfair buckles that have been out of stock for ages for those of you who have been patiently waiting, ready to go on the website

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/belts/bridle-leather-belts/mayfair-bridle-leather-belt.html

[​IMG]

Sorry they have been out of stock for ages, I think we have resolved the supply chain problems with the people who make these buckles for us now! We're also slowly working through the issues keeping our Parisian buckles in stock, I know lots of people keep looking at the website waiting for them to come back in to stock. The company we use in Paris to make them has changed hands after 180 years of family ownership, and its fair to say they have change management issues! The buckles they make are as good as ever though, and its all slowly coming back on line now.

Charlie

1 person likes this.
  17. Equus Leather

Hi Guys,

We just took delivery of three new colours of alligator skin, a dark brown Havanna, a Storm Grey and a Gold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Available in both watch straps and wallets!

Charlie

18. Equus Leather

19. Equus Leather

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  20. coldinboston

coldinboston Well-Known Member

@Equus Leather

Hey Charlie, are you guys running a little behind on your orders from the end of the year 2016 (MILLION promotion).
    I placed an order on 12-22-2016 which has not been shipped yet.

Oy asking here bc i am assuming i am probably not the only one who placed an order around the holidays, so others may also be wondering the same.

Thanks