1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Dec 16, 2009.

1. unclesam099

unclesam099 Well-Known Member

Looking for some input - are the Smith Slim-Straight similar in fit to a Levi's 514 or 511? I'm a 36x34 in the 514 (and a 34x34 in BR straight or bootcut) and that's about the tightest I can go in the thigh. Thanks!

2. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

Ordered a pair of the EP slim-straight Smith's a couple weeks ago in size 30 (my usual waste size). Did an initial cold wash as Mike suggested. Love the post-wash fit, except for one thing: the waist. Through the leg the fit is great, but I think the waist shrank a bit too much. If I button it all the way, it rides a bit too high in the crotch. Is there anything I can do to stretch the waist a bit? Will it stretch a decent amount with wear? Or should I just bite the bullet, git rid of these, and size up?

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

Ordered a pair of the EP slim-straight Smith's a couple weeks ago in size 30 (my usual waste size). Did an initial cold wash as Mike suggested. Love the post-wash fit, except for one thing: the waist. Through the leg the fit is great, but I think the waist shrank a bit too much. If I button it all the way, it rides a bit too high in the crotch. Is there anything I can do to stretch the waist a bit? Will it stretch a decent amount with wear? Or should I just bite the bullet, git rid of these, and size up?

Hey there,

Thanks for your order! The post-wash fit is generally the tightest and smallest the jeans will ever be - especially the first wash. Just wear them for a few hours - you'll find that both the waist and the rise will stretch and break in.

Thanks!

4. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

Thanks, the top box did indeed break in and stretch a bit after some wear. Great jeans.

5. pblasco

pblasco Well-Known Member

Arg! Why did you have to run out of the 34 Hoyt right as I ordered them! I wish you guys would stock more soon.

6. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the first run smiths. A much more coarse denim than what's out now in size 34. Hot soaked once, worn about 10 times, no visible signs of fading. Waist is just under 36 and Inseam is still at 34. If anyone is interested, PM me.

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Anyone have fit pics of their streakys?

8. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

9. herzzreh

herzzreh Well-Known Member

So which one fits closest to the 501s? Hoyt?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

10. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Well-Known Member

Forgive the question if it is already addressed in the thread - have not made it thru the entire thing.

Have a pair of smiths that I really like.
    Curious what other denim out there has a similar cut

namaste!

11. givemefive

givemefive Well-Known Member

Teaser

[​IMG]

Purchased in 2009, over 1000 years, waistband repair and top button repair. 2x mfg defects. Kind of plain cone denim, but super durable otherwise!