• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Julian84

Reaction score
Alright cool, was worried there for a sec :p. Definitely want to buy more jeans in the smith cut someday soon, but I don't need any more contrast stitched stuff.

Scooba

Reaction score
3-4 weeks feels so far away
confused.gif
lol

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
We'll do it once they arrive and I'm able to measure each size in its actual production yields.

At the same time. So in 3-4 weeks we'll get:

Indigo EP's Smith (12.25oz Cone Mills White Oak) with contrast stitching
Black EP's Smith (12oz Kurabo Mills) with tone-on-tone stitching
Indigo EP's Hoyt (12.25oz Cone Mills White Oak) with contrast stitching

The new Cone Indigo is perfect for the upcoming warmer weather. It's really comfortable, even when it's totally raw.

We're going to be conservative and just do the Hoyt in Indigo for the first run. If it proves to be popular, then we'll quickly order a run in black as well.

And I'm working on a really exciting special edition as we speak. Hoping to drop it around mid-to-end May. If it comes together right, then it's going to kick some serious ass.

The fabric of the contrast stitch jeans, as I understand, is the same or very similar to the existing fabric used in the EP's streaky, which is the most comfortable raw denim I've ever worn outside of PRPS, and PRPS is way heavier anyway and vastly more expensive. EP's styling is better anyway. These 12.25oz jeans could wind up being the ideal summer jean.

3-4 weeks! ARRRRGH.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hmm, I can't seem to find anything online that lists the KMW 1950 rear rise, but the Hoyt is about 15.25." It's a good deal higher than the Smith.

Thanks, that is essential the same as my KMW's. Was hoping for an inch+ shorter, but the Hoyts still looks like the best option for my next pair of denim. Might have to get both hoyt and smith to see which fits better.

Scooba

Reaction score
^^That's what I plan on doing. I am short and have an ass (most guys don't have asses) so finding jeans can be a chore for me

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
The fabric of the contrast stitch jeans, as I understand, is the same or very similar to the existing fabric used in the EP's streaky, which is the most comfortable raw denim I've ever worn outside of PRPS, and PRPS is way heavier anyway and vastly more expensive. EP's styling is better anyway. These 12.25oz jeans could wind up being the ideal summer jean.

3-4 weeks! ARRRRGH.

Yes, it's almost identical in weight to the streaky. It actually has a bit of a softer hand too. After wearing the Hoyt sample for two days, I found them really comfortable. The break-in period is almost zilch on these, but they'll still fade wonderfully.

And only about 3 weeks now
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blynch
Thanks, that is essential the same as my KMW's. Was hoping for an inch+ shorter, but the Hoyts still looks like the best option for my next pair of denim. Might have to get both hoyt and smith to see which fits better.

Sure thing. We've got a refund policy for SF members, so anyone who feels like they could go one way or the other for fit can certainly order both models.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77

3-4 weeks! ARRRRGH.

Hmm your reference to PRPS definitely piques my interest...I have multiple pairs of PRPS jeans and swear by their comfort, so looking forward to the new EP contrast stitch indigos if they are similar in feel.

ivan k

Reaction score
Thought I'd just share a quick shot showing the light fading on my blacks due to the numerous requests. It's only been about 2.5 months of wear, but to the #1 question people were asking, they will fade. You can see slight whiskering and the knees becoming lighter.

dsc01399m.jpg

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Hmm your reference to PRPS definitely piques my interest...I have multiple pairs of PRPS jeans and swear by their comfort, so looking forward to the new EP contrast stitch indigos if they are similar in feel.

Yeah I tried on a pair of the streakys in the store, which is the same denim (or at least extremely similar) as what's being used for most of the new stuff, if not all (12oz Cone Mills) and just the way it was constructed felt unbelievable. They're some amazing jeans. Best part: you don't have to pay $400 for them like you do with PRPS. They don't have the level of custom detailing that PRPS does, but to be honest that doesn't bother me at all. It's great when you're buying them from the guy who made them and he's the one giving you fit advice.

Originally Posted by ivan k
Thought I'd just share a quick shot showing the light fading on my blacks due to the numerous requests. It's only been about 2.5 months of wear, but to the #1 question people were asking, they will fade. You can see slight whiskering and the knees becoming lighter.

dsc01399m.jpg

JEANS WILL FADE???

No seriously those look nice. Thanks for the pic! I'd also heard that they were really slow faders, but that was about the 14oz deadstock indigo non-contrast stitch.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 32 in Levis 501 STF. I know they are really different fits but I want something that fits comfortably in the waist. What size should I get in these?

Julian84

Reaction score
So uh, just curious, but has anyone experienced some severe stretching with these? My waist is right around 33 inches, and I ordered the size 32 and they were easy to button up and didn't have a lot of force pushing against the waistband, but now they measure out to a little over 36 inches and I can't keep them up without a belt.

Julian84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Mine stretched maybe 1 inch.
Maybe your putting on weight?

I thought so at first but no, not at all. It's quite perplexing actually, all my other jeans are still 33-34 in the waist.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a replacement button for the fly of the cohn mills deadstock indigo jeans? I had one pop off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads