• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

Scooba

Reaction score
I think I will have to try both the Smith and the Hoyt to see which fits better. Love the contrast stitching

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
All samples should be tested at Andrew WK shows
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great shots, mike. Do you have post soak pics? what size are you wearing in those shots?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
great shots, mike. Do you have post soak pics? what size are you wearing in those shots?

Thank you sir. I'm wearing a 34 in the pics - which is the exact same size that I take in the Rudy trouser. These are completely true to size.

I do have post soak pics, but there was one hiccup with the sample. Our inseam is spec'd at 35.5", but the sample was incorrectly made at 33" long. After the wash, they're about a half inch too short for me, and look a little nutzo. But I guess that I can rock them pretty hard with boots! I'll see if I can snag some shots - at least so you can see the top block fit - before I send the sample back for production. The fit is really spot on after the soak.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I really need a couple new pairs of jeans.

I may have missed it, but when are you planning on releasing the Hoyt

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thank you sir. I'm wearing a 34 in the pics - which is the exact same size that I take in the Rudy trouser. These are completely true to size. I do have post soak pics, but there was one hiccup with the sample. Our inseam is spec'd at 35.5", but the sample was incorrectly made at 33" long. After the wash, they're about a half inch too short for me, and look a little nutzo. But I guess that I can rock them pretty hard with boots! I'll see if I can snag some shots - at least so you can see the top block fit - before I send the sample back for production. The fit is really spot on after the soak.
Awesome. I was just about to say that they look a hair loose in the top block of the first shot but they are probably fine after the soak.

Julian84

Reaction score
Hey Mike, do you plan on having a restock of the black smiths anytime soon? I wanna get my hands on a size 31 in those I think. Also, are you going to continue producing the smiths without contrast stitching? Cause my streaky smiths are my new favorite jean, and I love the sleek monochrome look, but I know they're probably not going to survive my summer job and I'm going to need another pair soon :p

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Nice. I really need a couple new pairs of jeans.

I may have missed it, but when are you planning on releasing the Hoyt

Thanks! Just confirmed the final sample, so we should have them in 3-4 weeks.

Originally Posted by blynch
looking nice, one question
how does the back rise compare to kmw 1950's?

Hmm, I can't seem to find anything online that lists the KMW 1950 rear rise, but the Hoyt is about 15.25." It's a good deal higher than the Smith.

Originally Posted by Julian84
Hey Mike, do you plan on having a restock of the black smiths anytime soon? I wanna get my hands on a size 31 in those I think. Also, are you going to continue producing the smiths without contrast stitching? Cause my streaky smiths are my new favorite jean, and I love the sleek monochrome look, but I know they're probably not going to survive my summer job and I'm going to need another pair soon :p

Thanks - glad that you dig the Streaky's! Yes, we're getting a new run of black at the same time as the Hoyt - so about 3-4 weeks. The Black Smiths will keep their current tone-on-tone stitching, so they'll maintain that monochromatic look. I'm a big fan of it for black denim. The only change is that the new Black Smith's have an inch less in the waist, so you won't have to size down. If you have a 31 in Streaky, then you can take a 32 in the new production.

Originally Posted by .Impulsv
So when will Hoyts be ready by?
When can I go about preordering a pair? What's the process? Is there any sort of discount, or do you just get them ASAP?

We're going to have good stock across all sizes, so you don't really need to formally preorder them. I'll be happy to reserve pairs for anyone who's interested. Just PM me your name and what size you typically wear. I'll contact you when the jeans arrive and give you the option to buy a pair before they go online. There's no commitment, and it's totally cool if you decide to pass after you see the actual product.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks! Just confirmed the final sample, so we should have them in 3-4 weeks.

Hmm, I can't seem to find anything online that lists the KMW 1950 rear rise, but the Hoyt is about 15.25." It's a good deal higher than the Smith.

Thanks - glad that you dig the Streaky's! Yes, we're getting a new run of black at the same time as the Hoyt - so about 3-4 weeks. The Black Smiths will keep their current tone-on-tone stitching, so they'll maintain that monochromatic look. I'm a big fan of it for black denim. The only change is that the new Black Smith's have an inch less in the waist, so you won't have to size down. If you have a 31 in Streaky, then you can take a 32 in the new production.

We're going to have good stock across all sizes, so you don't really need to formally preorder them. I'll be happy to reserve pairs for anyone who's interested. Just PM me your name and what size you typically wear. I'll contact you when the jeans arrive and give you the option to buy a pair before they go online. There's no commitment, and it's totally cool if you decide to pass after you see the actual product.

when do the contrast stitch Smiths arrive?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
When will you be able to post complete measurements for the Hoyt?

We'll do it once they arrive and I'm able to measure each size in its actual production yields.

Originally Posted by Captain Winky
when do the contrast stitch Smiths arrive?

At the same time. So in 3-4 weeks we'll get:

Indigo EP's Smith (12.25oz Cone Mills White Oak) with contrast stitching
Black EP's Smith (12oz Kurabo Mills) with tone-on-tone stitching
Indigo EP's Hoyt (12.25oz Cone Mills White Oak) with contrast stitching

The new Cone Indigo is perfect for the upcoming warmer weather. It's really comfortable, even when it's totally raw.

We're going to be conservative and just do the Hoyt in Indigo for the first run. If it proves to be popular, then we'll quickly order a run in black as well.

And I'm working on a really exciting special edition as we speak. Hoping to drop it around mid-to-end May. If it comes together right, then it's going to kick some serious ass.

Julian84

Reaction score
So are you not producing any more of the monochrome stitched smith indigos?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Julian84
So are you not producing any more of the monochrome stitched smith indigos?

Not for the moment, but I'm sure that they'll make a return. I'm always on the lookout for new denim varieties and deadstock bolts of fabric. If we find something that would be complimented by tone-on-tone, then we'll rock it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads