1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Will the toe have punching on it as with the Ellison or will it be plain with the brogued edge as with the Reiter shoe?

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

It will have the same punching patterns and overall shape at the Ellison, just without the medallion on the toe.

All things being equal, I would have preferred to color-correct the Ellison to look like Ruby shell, but that chocolate calf is so dark that the resulting reddish tone was WAY too dark and deep. That's why I used the Reiter shoe for the mockup (it was originally a caramel color).

The Ellison has been one of our best-selling styles to date, and the smaller scale punching and details definitely makes it more dressy. It's going to be phenomenal in Ruby.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Looks nice.
    Shame I need money for outerwear atm.

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Perfect. I think I will prefer it w/o medallion.

5. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

4. The Wholecut and Suede Jodphur actually fell a little bit short for the makeup minimum. We need 2 more orders on the wholecut and about 4 more on the Jodphur before they can go into production. I reactivated them on the site:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-Mens-Preorder-Items/Categories

I'll put this into our Epaulet thread tomorrow. If we can get these additional orders within the next 2 weeks, then we can go forward with this. If not, then I'll have to cancel the makeup and I'll immediately refund anyone who put in the deposit. I imagine that we'll make the wholecut, but the Jodphur is iffy at the moment. Let's see if we can get some additional guys signed on.

:censored: :censored:

6. Epaulet

Haha, don't worry, the wholecuts are definitely making the cut.

Let's see on the Jodphurs in a few days. We're ordering a freaking ton of shoes these days, so I bet that I can get them to be negotiable if we get within spitting distance of the 8 unit minimum.

7. diglett

diglett Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, quick question about the captoe:

If the punching is the same as the Ellison, does that mean that the seams behind the toe, at the top of the tongue, and everywhere else that has punching (I don't know what they're called) will also be ridged/notched, like on the Ellison, or will they be straight, like on the Reiter?

8. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

Oh man, this makeup looks incredible. How does the fit of the Queens last compare to Forest? I have a pair of Fitzgeralds in 9.5UK, and they fit well, if slightly tight in the toe box (just a bit of pinching on my pinky toes). Alden's Barrie last in US 10D fits me perfectly. Would I also go with 9.5UK in Queens or size up to 10UK?

9. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Well-Known Member

I ordered the Jodhpurs only.....

If not, i assume the other 3 boots I ordered from you will keep me grounded for the winter :rotflmao:

10. Moocow9

Moocow9 Well-Known Member

I assume the Queens last can't be ordered in a wide size?

11. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

12. Epaulet

They'll be ridged and notched exactly like the Ellison. Just imagine that exact shape without the medallion and with a rounded, not chiseled toe profile.

Carmina doesn't have the pattern to do that flat work like the Reiter shoes. Sorry for the confusion on that.

I'd say that the Queens and Forest are going to be pretty similar in fit. The Queens will have a lower toebox and a different shape, but probably the same amount of width at the end. If you feel like you'd want a bit more space than you get in the Forest, then you might want to size up to a 10. But if the Fitzgerald's are broken in and comfortable, then the 9.5 should be alright in Queens as well. I haven't personally tried on any shoes with that last, but Carmina advised that it's a popular, easy-fitting round shape.

Ah, unfortunately no. Just the Forest last for that.

13. diglett

Aaand another slot is taken. I'd prefer not having the notches, but after hours spent poring over this thread and pondering the Ruby purchase, I think I'd have to slap myself if I passed it up. First pair of shell shoes, here I come.

Also, I would love to see you try to write a MTO description if you weren't allowed to say "stunning" or "phenomenal" [​IMG]

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Just took my place in the line... [VIDEO][/VIDEO] Songs been in my head since the pre-order was first brought up, had to repost! 5:30 AM blasting it as I ordered!

15. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

I've been going back and forth on the wholecuts because I really like these for spring...how long till orders close?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  16. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

How does the Queens fit compared to the Rain and the Inca? I own both and the Rain fits me better but is still a little tight around the ball of my foot. The Inca fits great except for the instep. Not painful but very snug. If the Queens is any tighter than either of these two last then I need to size up. If the queens is about the same or even wider (hopefully) then I will go with my same size. Please advise BEFORE all the slots are gone!

17. Epaulet

I would size up a half. Queens is going to be slightly smaller than Rain and Inca. Most guys would take the same size, but if you're right on the edge of those lasts feeling too small, then going up a half is a safe bet.

18. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Last question. Do you anticipate the brown calf / suede bal boots being in the coming order? Thanks

19. diglett

So if Inca is perfectly comfortable, we should take the same size?

20. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

i had this post bookmarked and thought it might help to see the last comparisons.