1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Will the MTO shirts be a continuous option or are they only offered for a certain time frame?

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

NYI, that is super helpful. Thank you!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Randomore

Randomore Well-Known Member

Hey Ryden I usually taper them about an inch from the knee down for my ideal fit. Ill try to get a picture up as well.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

That would be really helpful, thank you

5. Beav

Beav Well-Known Member

You beat me to them, it is a shame that there won't be a restock on these. Anyone who got a 32 or 33 in these and find they don't work out - give me a shout! I'll take em off your hands.

6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Wore my FF russet nailhead Walts and Carmina midnight blue Rands today.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. EpauletFemme

EpauletFemme Active Member

Yes, the MTO shirt program is permanent. I'm working very close with the factory, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    A great response so far, and this is just the beginning! We'll be layering in more fabrics as the program expands.

6 people like this.
  8. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Thank - you Adele. Got my natural cxl Faulkners last week, they are awesome, will post some pics soon

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Woweeee this is awesome, I really need a new job so I can start buying some MTO shirts

10. sridhar3

sridhar3 Well-Known Member

nvm

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  11. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I'll add to Rob. This is tapered to 6.5" leg opening or so. 7.5" was original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. OIx

OIx Well-Known Member

Wow these duck canvas pants look even better with some heavy wear .. wondering how much wears did these get?

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days - here's a long awaited super reply!
    At the moment, we're not stocking any Rudy Trousers, but we can certainly help you to find your size. Feel free to drop us an email - we do it all of the time. And there are seam allowances in the waist, seat, and legs, so even if your first Rudy isn't perfect off the rack, then it will be possible to alter it quite a bit to fit.
    Ah man, that's a bummer. This is something that can happen with any cotton trousers, and it is more likely to happen with a dark color. There's a few possibilites here: 1. The dry cleaner used a spray starch, and you're seeing the residue here. In this case, a normal cold wash will most likely take that right out. 2. The steam press that was used has lime residue in it. This is caused by running "hard" water through the press, rather than distilled water. In that case, washing may remove it, or you may be able to iron it with a bit of vinegar applied to the fabric. 3. The iron was too hot for the cotton and actually scorched the fabric. This is doubtful, as burns usually show up as brownish or copper on light fabrics, and a shiny patch on dark ones. But if this is the case, you can try using hydrogen peroxide to wash out. For anyone with this issue, the first thing to do is regularly wash and hang-dry the garment. That's most likely going to fix it. In many cases, these marks are simply caused by spray starch or dirty equipment. It can happen on dark colored shirts as well. If you guys grew up on Long Island, as I did, and have Italian American relatives, as I do, then you'd be very familiar with how black dress shirts look fresh from the dry cleaner. Believe me, my paisanos from the Island loved that Joey Buttafuoco style in the 90's, and those shirts were a must. There were plenty of white marks from pressing. In the future, if you get the trousers dry cleaned, then ask for "Side to Side" pressing. We actually produce all of the Regiment twills this way. That fabric isn't meant to hold a crease very well, and side to side pressing eliminates all of it. If that doesn't work and you want to explore the vinegar/hydrogen peroxide solutions, here's some links on what to do. It's not an exact science, but there's good tips in there: http://www.creativehomemaking.com/articles/123003c.shtml http://www.mamapedia.com/article/ironing-tips-for-my-husband-tick-s-pants
    Nope, we worked out the collar as essentially interchangeable for this MTO program. So if you order the collar larger or smaller, it will not affect the rest of the fit in any way. We had a lot of requests for this, so it's fully worked out.
    Thank you sir! We've actually got plenty of the Stone Canvas - it was just accidentally copied over when the new pants were built. I'll put it back on the site in a day or two, just need to dig out the photos. But we've got that on hand.
    Ah man, I wish! We used up all of the available cloth on that one.
    They sure do!
    No, at the moment, all of the chinos are done with belt loops. But I'll have a new 5-pocket canvas chino to show you guys in about 6 weeks. It's cut like a jean and stonewashed. We're testing the final sample as we speak.
    Very different vibe on both of them. The Duck Napoli has a soft shoulder, but is a hefty jacket overall. The lapels and chest are canvassed, the fabric is thick, and the jacket fits very sharp. The Napoli can still be a formal piece in wool, and using a casual cloth like the duck canvas gives it a very "epaulet" vibe, as most duck sportcoats are pretty workwear-ish. The LBM jackets are very light and very soft. They fit like a dream and drape on you like a heavy shirt. There's no padding whatsoever. You can also machine wash them, which is great if you're wearing it on crazy hot days.
    I don't have the exact weight, but I'm going to put it around 9 or 10oz. It's comparable to duck canvas in heft. But like the duck it has a fairly open weave, so it should breathe pretty well on hot days - at least as well as a jean will. I fell in love with this fabric when I saw it, as it gives off that seersucker look without being actual seersucker fabric.
    Sharp as hell! Those navy monks are boss.
    We can special order that for you, drop us an email.
    Hell no! Sounds just peacocky enough.
    Quoted for severe greatness.
    No, they're cut the same way. It's a good question, but I haven't seen that the side tabs impact the fit at all.
    Consider getting a fabric steamer. If you hang dry the walts after a cold wash, the fabric steamer can take out all of the wrinkles with no worries about overheating or creasing. That's all that I use for my cotton trousers, I actually don't own an iron. Saves you setting up an ironing board too.
    Oh absolutely, people taper them all the time. Just ask your tailor to take them in after the knee, it's really easy to do.
    They are here to stay. We're actively building out a year-round MTO section of our website where you can custom order shirts, sportcoats, suits, and cordovan shoes :cheers: The shirt MTO program has been a runaway success, and it's great that we can service customers who didn't fit into our typical patterns. We'll layer in more fabrics over the next few weeks. We'll definitely do an item of all wide dandy stripes.
    Thanks, glad that you like them!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  14. Louys

Louys Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

My dream workhorse dress shirt is a white Epaulet hidden placket pinpoint oxford with no chest pocket. :nodding:

Every once in a while I have to wear a full suit, and my cadet grey Epaulet suit always gets compliments. Something in a proper navy or charcoal is probably next.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  16. jacksh

jacksh Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the very informative response as always! I'll try all the options to get the white residue off, and I do have a steamer and will try that as well.:fistbump:

17. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. applky

applky Well-Known Member

^ What the duck said.

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

The extra short choice is cool, but I need my oxfords even shorter--26" or so for a size small. Is there a chance we could get more customization there?

20. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

This! Boots and denim are exceptional.

1 person likes this.