1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

Mike,

I have larger thighs so the Rudy trousers sound great. Is there any option of getting non-special order Rudy trousers? I am just afraid of ordering the wrong size and can not return.

Is there extra fabric on the seat and thighs so it can be let out if needed?

Thanks.

2. jacksh

jacksh Well-Known Member

Took my black slim walt regiment twill trouser to the dryclean to get pressed, and it's returned with a white crease in the front/back. Is this normal with cotton trousers? Maybe iron set to too high temperature? Is there a way to restore to its original color? Appreciate any help.
    BTW, this happened to the navy trouser also, I guess happens with all dark colors.

[​IMG]

3. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

This is my situation as well. It sounds as if we have very similar builds. I have been sending my Epaulet shirts through the dryer, which seems to shrink the collar to almost the right size. But now I wonder if MTO is the better way to go. The question is whether changing the collar size would alter the rest of the fit in a bad way. With the standard fit + dryer I feel that I can usually get a fairly good fit, at least for a casual shirt.

4. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

It happened to my Cramerton Tan Twill's as well....

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I had one shirt at one time, and I tried drying it, but the collar didn't really shrink enough for my liking, so I'm super excited to try out an MTO.

I'd be interested to hear Mike's comments on your question about altering the collar size, although if there was any chance that it would mess up the proportions of the rest of the shirt, they probably wouldn't have offered an option for it.

6. frivmo

frivmo Well-Known Member

The newest of the new trousers look INCREDIBLE. Stocking my shopping cart now, trying to decide. One question, though - did the Stone sanded uk canvas trousers sell out? Thought there was plenty of stock in those and hesitated. If so, I'll probably go for the khaki w/side tabs, but wanted to check to be sure.

Thanks!

7. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I was unhappy when it happened to mine as well - navy and grey twill. I decided I'd either step up and buy wool trousers to wear to work, or buy some other cheaper brand of cotton trousers when I wanted casual ones.

8. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

SOme incredible new drops in trouser land, Wow. Wish I didn't drop all my dough on the FF's now.

Butterscotch Walts and Ravello today
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  9. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

Any chance of re-stock Slim Walt Trouser Wool-Linen Prince of Wales? size 32 is already gone.

10. vilinx

vilinx Well-Known Member

Do the new navy hopsack pants match the navy hopsack blazer?

11. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Yes. I believe this is just a restock.

12. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Can chinos be done with side tabs?

13. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Seems like an awkward mix up to me since chinos are casual and the side tabs have a formal appeal. Personally I don't think it'd look flattering given how low the chinos sit.

14. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Well-Known Member

I believe this is the first time EP has carried the navy hopsack trousers. I have them, but had to special order.

15. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

You are right. I was thinking of the Navy Duck Canvas....

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Curious to hear from Mike or Matt how you view the difference between the LBM fit and the Napoli? Comparing Navy Duck w/ the new navy LBM...

17. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I tried on both when I bought the LBM...Napoli in Navy Duck is longer in the body and overall a touch more structured. The LBM is light as a feather and the cotton is washed so its uber soft. The Navy duck I assume breaks in after wear.

18. NewYorkIslander

Damn, the new gear looks GREAT! Hopefully I'll be grabbing the POW Plaid and Ticking Stripe, they're boss. Scarves look awesome as well and damn, more LBM.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Hmmm... very tempted by the ticking strip myself. Description says "robust." I wonder what weight the fabric is. Maybe you can report on this if you have a chance (or already have had a chance) to see them NYI.

20. NewYorkIslander

I'll post tomorrow after I check em out. They remind me of these old RRL Railroad Stripe jeans I had in college.