1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jdpirtl22

jdpirtl22 Well-Known Member

and there goes march expenses....damn you quality craftsmanship!

2. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendation! On Thursday, I pulled the trigger on the Super 120's. I'm glad to hear that the merino side-tab may be available in my size again, I really wanted those but they sold out of size 30 by the time I got serious about purchasing. I've also been lusting after the navy micro-houndstooth … and now the dove linen :)

The 120's will be my first EP's, perhaps the first of many to come (see my list above, not including tweed, flannel and moleskin).

Thanks EP for raising the bar a bit higher for us all!

… and to think I only joined your mailing list last year so I'd know about your Alden preorders :)

3. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

March Madness indeed.

4. bestak

bestak Active Member

Since i was far away in a cold area the "Chaîne des Puy" (center of France)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a packet reached my home

[​IMG]

to deliver something very usefel to warm up
    [​IMG]

A good Chartreuse
    [​IMG]

Now next step is the taylor man

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Does anyone find the Epaulet shirt collars break in or stretch a bit?

I bought the medium spread collar and it's supposed to have a 16" collar.

My neck measures 15.5 - 15.75 but the collar is really tight (I can button it but it's too tight to actually wear buttoned).

I'm considering giving the Epaulet shirts another chance and buying a regular collar or button down but wouldn't mind hearing how people find the collars. Is my experience a one-off?

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Go for the 33, should be right on for you. You might not even have to bring in the waist. Trousers/shorts like ours that have fully constructed waistbands tend to ride with you more, so the sizing isn't as sensitive as a rivet chino or a jean.
    About a week or so. We'll restock navy, red, orange, and natural.
    Thank you sir! Those are both going to be killer. I really loved the Taupe Fleck, it's a unique cloth and it's going to be great for hot days.
    That really depends on you. Being corduroy, they're going to be heavier than most lightweight cotton trousers. Still lighter than a jean though. These kind of bright cords are considered regular staples at some of the Southern menswear stores, so people definitely buy and wear them in hot weather. I'd say that if you can wear jeans in the Summertime, then you can rock these. All three of those colors are a freaking knockout.
    Yes, it's pretty close to that. Maybe a bit paler in overall tone. They'll be bonkers with the midnight shoes (in the best possible way)
    Unfortunately not for this run, in order for us to make the FF's for this price, we have to use belt loops for everything. But I hear everyone on the side tabs - I've got two new trousers dropping next week with them. Leaf duck canvas Walts and a new brushed khaki cotton canvas.
    3 season usually refers to a garment that can be worn almost all year outside of the extremes of winter and summer. Although you could certainly wear these then too. Guys in NYC certainly wear normal suiting-weight trousers in August and December, even if a flannel or a tropical is more appropriate. Not to beat the "versatile" horse to death, but these are far and away the most versatile wool trousers in our assortment. Great quality, good price, perfect grey tone, year-round weight, and hard wearing. They're an ace choice for anyone in the market for a grey pant.
    Thanks for picking them up - and your photos are great!
    Absolutely. It's a great pale khaki tone. Probably a bit more suited for Spring through early Fall, but that's really khaki colored trousers in general. You certainly could make them work in a cold-weather look too.
    Ah unfortunately no on that - we're tapped out of that cloth for the season. Got more shirts coming though!
    Haha, yeah, it's pretty tough to tell online. Looking at them in person, both UK Sanded Navy and Regiment Twill Navy are both very dark. Almost the same in tone. UK Sanded is softer, lighter, and more luxurious... Regiment is at a really killer price now. Either is a great choice. Duck Canvas is definitely lighter and more blue than both of them.
    Yup, we'll have all of that within a week or two.
    You and me both - I'm working on it!

1 person likes this.
  7. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

New Epaulet Shirts

Just in case anyone missed them, here's the new shirts that went online this week:

[​IMG]
    Buttondown Floral Stripe Jacquard: $140
    This one is pretty gonzo - I really love it. It looks really boss with faded jeans especially. A guy bought one today and wore it out with washed-out jeans, suede loafers, and a navy sportcoat. So freaking good.

[​IMG]
    Buttondown Gauzy Blackwatch: $160
    This was like a dream come true. I'm a sucker for blackwatch, and I found it in this gauzy lightweight Japanese cotton. It's perfect.

[​IMG]
    Buttondown Streaky Chambray Cotton/Linen: $130
    You guys will love this. Cool, breezy shirt for warmer weather in a great streaky cloth. It actually have a subtle green tone which didn't come through well on the pictures, but you can see it in real life. We scored a good price on the fabric too, so the cost is great on this.

[​IMG]
    Cutaway Collar Blue & Lavender Gingham: $160
    Beautiful, lightweight & dressy fabric on this. The pastel tones are killer.

8. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Well-Known Member

Used some Saphir renovator on my Epaulet natural ranger moccasins last night. Love how they've changed over time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  10. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

mike for the buttondown streaky chambray, what is the breakdown percentage wise as far as cotton/linen goes?

11. Costa

Costa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input Mike. Just pulled the trigger. All the best!

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Will the navy Irish linen be available in Rudy when it's restocked, or will we have to wait for the next round of FF for that?

13. upgrayedd

upgrayedd Well-Known Member

Was wondering the same myself. Same for the natural as well.

14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Are there any plans to make the Rudy trousers on special order part of regular stock? There are a lot of trousers I like, but I don't have the funds to buy them all at once.

15. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Anybody purchase either the Hi-Liter or Periwinkle FF cords yet?

16. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say hi to everyone...I've been following this thread for a little while and have been hooked on Epaulet since getting my first pair of Navy Rivets a couple months ago and Lavender OCBD recently.
    I just pulled the trigger on the FF fleck taupe....I'm sure these will be great pants but I'm a sucker for anything fleck ;) ...I'm picturing a matching jacket right now- WHOA[​IMG]

..and Hey Mike! - I stopped in the Orchard street store and picked up some Saphir products last week.. It was nice to meet you!

-Ed

17. streetlight

streetlight Well-Known Member

For anyone wondering whether or not to grab the epaulet fair isle lambswool sweater, here's a cool shot of me wearing it that really shows just how wild the colors and patterns are. Also wearing green FF flannels from Epaulet. I get compliments all the time on the sweater and it's unbelievably warm, one of the nicest fair isles I've ever seen (and I live in Scotland).

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  18. oisin

oisin Well-Known Member

awesome look and pic. both you and Rob rock that sweater hard. I want one now.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

20. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

I love this sweater. That's the problem though. I love so much of Epaulet's stuff. I need to devise some way to buy it all...