1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Did anyone reply to this? A navy suit is classic, and that Navy 120s is a great fabric. Not going to be super summery, but 4-season and very versatile. I also seem to remember Mike saying that he was bringing new suiting options to bear soon, but that might have just been special order stuff.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Epaulet flannel shirt and Thorogood 685 boots (horsehide)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

The cuffs on SVB's pants just reminded me of a question I kept forgetting to ask. Will it ever be possible to special order some Rivets with a longer inseam? The length is perfect for me now (after some shrinkage due to the first wash), as long as I don't cuff them. If I wanted to put a beefy 2" roll up on mine, I'd need and extra 2" in the inseam.

4. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

New shirts look great but not in the budget right now. I really hope that denim shirt is around when i have some disposable income.

Also, one more FYI with the new site. When you tap on a thumbnail on an iPhone, you can not zoom in on the pic that pops up. I know that I can look closer when I get home but it would be convenient to be able to do it on the fly... Anyway, too many cool new shirts!

5. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Chris: Why the shades, man? It was raining today!

6. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Also, sick shirts went up! If I didn't have that green denim shirt from the FF ordered, I would buy the one up there now.

I also really like the large dots shirts.

7. riotior

riotior Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your reply. It's too bad -- I really liked the collar on the cutaway oxford, but I don't think I'd want a "popover," which is the closest available casual option. Are all of the casual shirts okay, though? What about the Ashland shirts?

8. riotior

riotior Well-Known Member

Made another post that didn't go through -- I have no idea what's going on.

Are the Ashland shirts alright? What about all of the casual shirts? I really liked the idea of a cutaway collar on an otherwise casual fabric, but the closest casual option is a "popover."

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Cool SvB, roughing it today like me! Are those RRL?

10. applky

applky Well-Known Member

SVB you and Wisith should coordinate some Epaulet + SNS Stark fit pics. (Your Starks are both from recent years? Looks that way due to the length.) Wore my Stark over an old Epaulet shirt yesterday.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Mike - Any restocks on the Butterscotch Walts planned?

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Thanks to Epaulet, I have my first two pairs of Yuketen shoes arriving soon. Great job on the designs.

13. JackL2

JackL2 Active Member

Can someone explain when/how we can work with the "factory leftovers?" I'd seen that Epaulet will periodically use the leftover fabrics for various pants at a 30% discount, and it seems like a great opportunity to get some uncommon sizes at a good price.

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

The pants? No, these are flannel-lined chinos from LLB Signature. They were a Christmas gift that have required some tailoring (and I think may require a little more).

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Follow this thread and Mike will let us know when the next round of factory finds will be up. I think within the next week or so there should be some new fabrics, and they will be posted on the special order section of their website.

16. frivmo

frivmo Well-Known Member

Torn between a few (admittedly very different) pairs of Walts right now to further rebuild my now-anemic wardrobe with some stuff that'll take me through spring (no tweed) and would love someone to make the decision for me, if willing.

I'm looking at the Grey Merino Side Tab, the Brown Houndstooth, Stone Sanded UK Canvas, or the straight-up Medium Grey 120s wool (willing to be directed to something else entirely).

Currently in rotation I have the Grey Sanded UK Canvas, Oxford Grey Flannel, Navy Flannella, Merino Wool Cadet Grey and a dark charcoal moleskin Mabitex and am mostly a Sportcoat and Walts kinda guy, suits here and there as the mood strikes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

17. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

You probably already know this, but greys and blues will take you really far. Those two colors pretty much look good on everyone. I absolutely like the choice to pick up a pair of the sanded uk canvas as I'm a big fan of the hand on those. I'd also recommend the duck canvas chinos as a versatile option. I don't know how you feel about bolder colors in your wardrobe, but one or two pairs of bolder colored trousers to shake things up once in a while is something I'd recommend as well. I like the Juniper linen walts for something that's definitely a bold color, but not so far out there like an orange or bright red. Exactly how many pairs of trousers are you thinking of picking up?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  18. frivmo

frivmo Well-Known Member

Thanks. My inclination is to lean toward more grey/blue, and I'm tempted most by the side tab trousers, but worry they might be too similar to the cadet grey merinos. I'm thinking perhaps 2 pairs now to round things out a bit, and then a couple spring/summer weight a little later in the year, once the full warm weather line is out (do we know when that tends to be?). I'm fine with the bolder colors, but think I'm a few pairs away from being able to justify adding something of the sort. That juniper looks great for down the line, though.

19. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

If you already like the sanded UK canvas (I do), I would recommend getting another pair of those, in olive. Those are among the most versatile trousers I own. I wear them all year.

20. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Awesome snow day today, really beautiful, especially that I was inside most of the day! :)
    [​IMG]
    Caramel Ducks Rivets and Oxford Pinpoint, and of course, the winter uniform Snorkel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Mess after:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last period free on Friday, empty room, hot coffee and Frank (Sinatra). Can't beat that to start the weekend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.