• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as dry cleaning goes, you don't need to clean stuff that often. First thing I do is keep a good rotation (which last fall I was guilty of neglecting cause I was wearing the hell out of my flannel cargo trousers!). When I get home from work I hang the out of the closet on a door hook and brush them out with a clothes brush. Kent brushes on eBay are great and can be had for cheap. They're normally super expensive, but they put their seconds on eBay because there are knots in the wooden handle, nothing to alter how it works. I let them hang out for a day or two before putting them back in the closet. This usually means I don't need to clean them at all, but if I really wear a pair to death, I'll have them cleaned at the end of the season, but in garment bags and hung in storage until they're ready to come out again. As far as the right way to hang them in the closet, just make sure you fold over the crease, leave the trousers unbuttoned and unzipped, and most importantly that they have enough room to breathe in the closet. Same for jackets. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice, NYR. I didn't know that you should leave trousers unbuttoned and unzipped when hanging them up, so that's a big help.

As far as the Kent brushes go, is there a specific seller that has them in stock for cheap? I'm searching for "Kent brushes" on eBay right now, and there are a thousand different results popping up, and all of them look pretty expensive ($40-$80).

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Zippy.

*Cue sudden SF run on Kent Brushes

Last edited:

jimney

Reaction score
But I can tell you this - we have three GORGEOUS colors of Italian wool flannel for Rivet Chino production this Fall. There's burnt orange, cranberry, and a really handsome brown with a very subtle purple cast. Very much a trio of Fall leaves colors. With the herringbone taping down the side, they are going to be freaking killer. Should come in around late September.

Looks like my budget for September is already spoken for... Epaulet eats up more of my budget than every other clothing shop combined.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this ^^ Trying to decide if some final sale point collar OCBDs on the site were worth a blind buy
smile.gif

FYI I also wear the same size in WvG before dinner and Epaulet shirting -- a Medium in both.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like my budget for September is already spoken for...  Epaulet eats up more of my budget than every other clothing shop combined.

These Rivets jumped out at me too. I've only started paying attention to Epaulet in the last 10 months or so, so I don't know if wool Rivets is something new. Seems like it might be. Anyone know?

They sound fantastic. Cranberry...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Amen. In epaulet related news, I wore my mint chinos to Venice beach today and they received quite the acclaim. Something about that color is so quintessentially summer.

Would have picked those up in a moment, but the distressing/washed-out/streakiness wasn't my thing.
(Maybe a release in just a regular mint color...? :nodding:)

I have the mint Chinos too, and they are a great color. Not really too distressed and I wouldn't describe the as streaky at all. Maybe just a little weathered...

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Poast photos. I was eyeballing them but if anything thought they didn't look distressed enough :)

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These Rivets jumped out at me too. I've only started paying attention to Epaulet in the last 10 months or so, so I don't know if wool Rivets is something new. Seems like it might be. Anyone know?
They sound fantastic. Cranberry...

Wool rivets will be new. I'm pretty stoked about this. Really looking forward to seeing the colors.

oisin

Reaction score

I was about to ask the same thing. I actually teach tennis in LA and I'm always looking for people to hit with. And don't worry. Most adults who are just picking up the sport have the same problem. If you ever do get into it though, it's a great sport to keep you active and in shape. The social aspect of it can be pretty fun as well.

sorry for the super OT, but where do you teach in LA? I need lessons.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparing the same size, which fits a bit looser?

I got an early WvG before-dinner shirt and they have long since adjusted the fit, so I don't think I could compare the two fits in detail that accurately. Taking the same size in both is still the best bet, taking a quick look at the measurements. In general my impression is that WvG is going more for a skinny BoO fit and Epaulet's is more athletic. I enjoy wearing my Epaulet and Ashland shirts more. They sit much better on your shoulders.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like my budget for September is already spoken for...  Epaulet eats up more of my budget than every other clothing shop combined.

yeah, I've really had to hold back. I really don't "need" 10 pairs of trousers, but dammit I like having the option. :) I see the duck moss is back in my size. Crap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads