1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

That's a nice idea - I think I'll have to get a pair of pearl grey.

Thank you sir!

Fine, dude. Fine. At some point maybe you can kick in some of my rent or something. I'll swing by today or tomorrow to pre-order.

Semi-related question: any plans to stock Alden longwings (or LWs of comparable quality) in colors besides the #8 shell again? I'm particularly interested in the cigar, but I'm open to suggestion.

Very cool, see you soon. And right now we've got a standing order for more Whiskey Longwings, which I estimate will come in around Feb '11. We'll do a run of the Brixton Wingtip boot in Ravello for this Fall too.

Will these be lined?

Ah, thanks for asking - yes, they're lined to the knee in the front.

any other grey trousers planned in the next couple months?

Not for this collection. Around late August, we'll bring the Grey Flannel back in and add some more Fall weight woolens in grey tones. We also have a full restock of the original Charcoal Tropical Wool going online today.

If you dig the look of the Tropical Wool, then it's a perfect year-round weight for Florida. You'd definitely get a lot of use out of these.

Just placed a preorder for all three flavors of the tropical wool trousers - they should arrive just in time for the worst of Texas summer. Can't wait!

Thank you sir!

2. Epaulet

Thanks to everyone who preordered our Tropical Wool Trousers so far. We've sold about half of our available quantity - so don't wait too much longer if you're on the fence.

And I'm doing a big product shoot here today. Going online in the next few days:

1. Epaulet Walt Trousers in Indigo-dyed Streaky Linen (These are ridiculously nice. Holy God.)

2. Epaulet Lavender Microcheck and Irish Linen Gingham shirts

3. Mark McNairy Madras Bowties and Silk Neckties

4. Mark McNairy Blue & Pink Oxford Shirts & Digi Camo Combat Trousers

5. Mark McNairy White Nubuck Chukka Boots

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Mike, please stop hurting my checkbook.

4. houjitomasu

houjitomasu Well-Known Member

Mike, please hurt my checkbook. I would really like a new run of those grape gingham shirts! (as I've already said a few times to you)

5. sonicreducer

sonicreducer Well-Known Member

4. Mark McNairy Blue & Pink Oxford Shirts & Digi Camo Combat Trousers

i picked up a pair of mcnairy's camo cargo pants at rest store last week and can't get enough of 'em. perfect cut and pocket placement. good pickup ..

stoked to see these oxfords.

6. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

I can vouch 100% for the streaky linen...wore it on vacation in Bermuda three nights out of six. Sick fabric.

Looking forward to the camo shorts and madras bowties!

7. Epaulet

Indigo-dyed Streaky Linen Walts are insane. Going online tomorrow.

Feast yo' eyes...

[​IMG]
    See full size

8. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Well-Known Member

Look pretty friggen sweet.

9. pfurey

pfurey Well-Known Member

Mike, any chance you guys will be coming out with any new ocbd's anytime soon? I'm itching to get to Brooklyn to check out the store and want to snag a gingham, ocbd, and maybe a pair of jeans.

I'd love a styleforum-collab over-dyed oxford. Wink, wink.

10. the rabbit walker

the rabbit walker Member

Hey Mike,im interested in both special edition rivet chino's however i usually take a rudy fit pant.Do you think if i order a 36 i can have the waist taken it to a 34?

11. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

Sweet, you're my "go-to" for trousers now.

Would you be able to post the knee measurements for the Walt trousers as you did for the rivet chinos? (Trying to decide if 28 or 30 is best.)

Is the linen gingham also short-sleeve or long? (I suppose we'll find out soon anyway. [​IMG] )

12. kgmessier

Does anyone know how the Epaulet shirt sizing compares with Brooks Brothers' extra-slim fit?

- Keith

13. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

Look pretty friggen sweet.

+1
    It looks great.

14. Epaulet

Mike, any chance you guys will be coming out with any new ocbd's anytime soon? I'm itching to get to Brooklyn to check out the store and want to snag a gingham, ocbd, and maybe a pair of jeans.

I'd love a styleforum-collab over-dyed oxford. Wink, wink.

I don't have any on the radar for the next two months, but we've got decent stock in the red OCBD and the Blue & Salt/Pepper Club Collar oxfords. Our next shirt delivery will be two dress shirts (White Spread Collar, Blue Tattersall Spread Collar re-stock) and a new Japanese indigo chambray done in our usual buttondown shirt pattern and with non-contrast stitching. But definitely come by - we've got a lot to choose from.

Good call on the dyed piece. We're actually working on some hand-dyed collaborative shirts for the Fall which will be mind-blowing and true one-of-a-kinds. It will be a true small-batch specialty project. Expect more info in a few weeks.

Hey Mike,im interested in both special edition rivet chino's however i usually take a rudy fit pant.Do you think if i order a 36 i can have the waist taken it to a 34?

Unfortunately no - the waistband isn't split, so you could have it tailored a little bit, but taking it in 2 inches is going to really monkey with the rear proportions.

If the Rudy doesn't fit you tightly, you might consider giving the 34 a try in these. Athough we spec'd it close to the Walt fit, I've had a few Rudy customers buy them as well. The fit is slim, but not too tight. There's a good chance that it will work, but you can always send it back for a refund if it doesn't.

Sweet, you're my "go-to" for trousers now.

Would you be able to post the knee measurements for the Walt trousers as you did for the rivet chinos? (Trying to decide if 28 or 30 is best.)

Is the linen gingham also short-sleeve or long? (I suppose we'll find out soon anyway. [​IMG] )

Sure thing - it looks like the knee measurements are actually the same as on the Chino's. 7.75" for size 28, and 8" for size 30.

And the linen gingham is a long sleeve. Working on that now.

15. Epaulet

Hey guys, Just put the finishing touches on our Mark McNairy online items. Here's the new stuff: [​IMG] Digital Camo Combat Trouser: $225 These have an awesome slim-straight fit that's very close to our EP's Rivet Chinos, EP's Smith Jean, and the APC New Standard [​IMG] White Nubuck Red Brick Sole Chukka: $335 [​IMG] Stripe Navy & Burg Tie: $60 [​IMG] Navy & Gold Tie: $60 [​IMG] Navy & Red Tie: $60 [​IMG] Navy & Silver Tie: $60 [​IMG] Camel Madras Bowtie: $52 [​IMG] Navy Madras Bowtie: $52 [​IMG] Double Faced Dog/Stripe Bowtie: $52 [​IMG] Blue Heritage Oxford: $130 These have a classic tailored fit and are significantly bigger than our Epaulet oxfords. I'd say that the overall shape and fit is similar to Gitman Vintage oxfords. Order one size down from your usual Epaulet size. [​IMG] Pink Heritage Oxford: $130

16. houjitomasu

houjitomasu Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how the Epaulet shirt sizing compares with Brooks Brothers' extra-slim fit?

- Keith

KGMessier - I can tell you that I own both - I have an Epaulet club collar in a large, and a BB Extra Slim in 16.5/34-35 - and the fit is very very similar. The Epaulet has just a little less fabric on the sides though - it's a more tailored fit. If you need measurements, PM me and I'll take them when I get home.

17. the_state

the_state Well-Known Member

Any chance you'll get those digi camo's in a 36?

Are there any good McNairy pieces lined up for summer or fall?

18. kgmessier

KGMessier - I can tell you that I own both - I have an Epaulet club collar in a large, and a BB Extra Slim in 16.5/34-35 - and the fit is very very similar. The Epaulet has just a little less fabric on the sides though - it's a more tailored fit. If you need measurements, PM me and I'll take them when I get home.
    Thanks for the info!

19. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Is the stone cotton gabardine going to be a standard stock item in the Walt fit? I was torn between those and the special order tropical wool, but I can wait on the gab if you're going to keep it stocked.

20. Epaulet

Is the stone cotton gabardine going to be a standard stock item in the Walt fit? I was torn between those and the special order tropical wool, but I can wait on the gab if you're going to keep it stocked.

Yes, we actually bought a ton of that fabric. I'm going to generally stock it in the Walt and Rudy from now until late Fall.

Our available stock is good with Black Trop. Wool preorders, but I'm down to 2 units on Brown/Olive and 4 units on Pearl Grey.