1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with Rob...I think the cuff on the linen trou will add a little bit of heft to an otherwise lightweight pant, which will help keep them "grounded", for lack of a better word. The only reason I didn't get cuffs on my last pair of linens from Epaulet (first round of factory finds) is because I didn't request the 38" unfinished inseam. I'll get cuffs on my next linen pair.

3. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Finally got my Duck Canvas Caramel's hemmed and the waist taken out just a bit! Ordered the 34" and had the waist taken out an inch to be more comfortable tucking shirts in. Did a warm soak to get the shrink out of the inseam, didn't shrink much and took 6" off (I'm 5'10" but have really short legs). Right at 29.5" inseam. Almost considered tapering a bit, but would have only wanted them tapered a half in at absolute most, so didn't think it was worth it.

Very excited to start wearing them. Look, ma! No jeans! Up next, navy rivets!

[​IMG]

4. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

RE: adding heft..Assuming the trousers will actually touch the shoes! Haha. We'll see :) May go with it this time around since my two others have no cuffs.

Blackwatch today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Are these the Carmina Salinger Double Monks in Burgundy? I only ask because I see the double stitching around the straps and the Carminas on Epaulet don't show that.

Regardless, great shoes. I have the Caramel ones coming to me and this may have convinced me to get the Burgundy ones as well.

6. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Alfred Sargent. Last and shape is nearly identical to my Salinger tho.

7. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Love this. Details on the tie?

Thank you:)

That is fantastic. Although I miss the Jesus beard I think:)

I love the Blaze Walts.

I've been going back and forth on ordering the blackwatch since I didn't know what I would wear with them. I like this a lot.

8. oisin

oisin Well-Known Member

contest closes friday? i got some good stuff coming (IMO) but a lot of my gear is at the tailor and re-weaver :)( for my grape herringbone trousers). Should get some stuff back from the tailor tomorrow but wanted to be sure of when I have until to get some fun up.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Looks good without any added taper, IMO. I think Rivets have a very classic chino cut the way you are wearing them.

10. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

Hi guys, sorry to repost this question but was wondering what is the recommended way to clean the rivet canvas chinos? Cold wash, drip dry? Or should I take them to the cleaners? Will they shrink up if I wash? Thanks!

11. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

cold wash, hang dry. little shrinkage in length maybe, nothing else.

12. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

cool, thanks. Shrinkage in length will be no problem. Ive left them unhemmed and like to roll em. Love these pants!

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Grape Flannel Walts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. velomane

velomane Well-Known Member

I bought the caramel calfskin to match up with my ravello shoes. As it turns out the belt is a couple shades lighter than both my ravello shoes and boots yet a couple shades darker than my whiskey PTB's.

16. wsumarine

wsumarine Well-Known Member

Just received my first four epaulet shirts (dark indigo chambray, navy twill gingham, navy micro stripe, and pinpoint oxford). They are outstanding. They may be the first shirts that I won't have to have my tailor take in. I opened the shipping box, tried these on, and they were instantly my favorite shirts. I'd take these any day over BBBF and Ledbury.

Only two minor quibbles... I wish the size M had a 15.5 collar. Size 16 is workable but a touch big for me (I wouldn't want to wear a tie with it), and the size small would be too small in all other measurements. I also wish they were about 1 inch longer. I didn't really notice it on the dress shirts with the cutaway collar, but the shirts with the tall button down collar seemed a little unbalanced to wear untucked.

Should I expect length shrinkage when washed cold/cold and line dried?

Overall, these are great shirts. I'm looking forward to getting a few more.

Keep up the great work!

17. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

Quote: [​IMG]

NYR you might've missed your calling as a world-renowned purveyor of bland Latino rap/pop (and even blander beer), but you've gained an amazing wardrobe. Congrats to you and all the other entries, it's been fun reading these as they've come in

4 people like this.
  18. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

Dalé

19. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

It'd just be "dale."

sin acento agudo.