1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Me too. Had to reblog it!

2. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

Way to hurt your own business, haha! Just kidding - what had you meant to type instead?

I'm think I need a grey for my first forays into the Rivet Chinos - would you recommend the 8 oz Gunmetal or the Brushed Graphite? Aside from the (seemingly) slight color differences, any advantage of one fabric to account for the price difference?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  3. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Probably Allen-Edmonds....

or Aldo heaven forbid.

4. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Skinny dudes like you own the DB (think Letterman).

Best wishes in your marriage. I'm coming up on 4 years...it don't get easier, but hopefully it gets better.

I will be ordering a Barrett after I dial in the fit.

5. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Rob, I hate to say it, but the I am not loving the stacked skinny-jeans look. However, your legendary internets fit-pic status allows you full penance.

2 people like this.
  6. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Yes. This is inevitable.

7. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

SVB, investigated further. A bourbon man.

You'll be fine.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Haha, oh my god. I definitely meant to type "ALDO" rather than "Alden." Alden shoes - specifically the No. 975 Shell Cordovan Longwings - were the things that delivered me from horrible shoe ownership. Jesus H. Christ, I'm lucky that none of the NYC menswear bloggers saw that little mixup. I might get slapped with a wide-brimmed Borsalino hat the next time I'm exiting a speakeasy bar.
    YOU GUYS LOOK FANTASTIC! The pictures are a knockout! Congrats again, and you were KILLING that DB suit at your wedding. I'm so glad that you gave us the chance to make it for you.
    Yes actually, we're going to expand the Super 120's wool collection for the Spring. There's definitely a color in the tan-taupe range.
    Thank you sir!
    Great look - this is killer. Perfect way to match a proper sportcoat with denim.
    Haha, we're getting close to that. Epaulet x Ludwig Reiter drops this Spring. They're from Vienna, and that's not far. Give me some time on that :)
    We're going to restock the Eisenhower in suede and the Mulberry in leather. We put together a really cool buy with LBM 1911 for the season, which should come in soon. And the balance of the jackets will all be from our Southwick collection - we'll do a bunch of spring sportcoats with them.

9. Epaulet

Here's a quick fit shot. Time Out NY magazine did a little photo session with me and Adele last week. I think that it comes out next month - I'll post the actual photos that they run. Here's a little behind the scenes shot:

[​IMG]
    Veneto Jacket
    Epaulet Navy Label purple gingham shirt

10. PCyclone

PCyclone Well-Known Member

Cool - I'd love to pick up a tan flannel or something heavier next fall...

11. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Well-Known Member

Hey Rob, I know that this has probably already been asked to death, but what jeans are you wearing in your recent fits? :)

12. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Veneto is truly covetous.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

They're Somets. Perfect skinny cut for a big assed guy like me.

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

^NYI: how much of your Ercoles jackets' fit is the house style and how much is your doing? These are some really sharp, well done pieces.

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Thanks FC, I'd say its a little of both. F tends to lean towards a more solid shoulder, but he really builds around the customer. Since my shoulders are so broad and solid he uses little to no padding. Check out the Ercoles thread in MC, lots of examples of his work there...

16. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

Rob what model Somet's are these? did you get them at Self Edge?

17. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

18. scottcw

scottcw Well-Known Member

Is it OK to use a steamer on the Loro baby camel hair sportcoat?

19. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Heck, I envy you - though we both live in the same region of Europe, which obviously is the poor part of the continent, it seems you are doing pretty good - a whole lot better than most people in the area I daresay :). To top it off, Belarus has to cope with the rule of "Europe's last dictator" Lukashenko, what I suppose makes things a lot worse for Belarussians. I wouldn't be able to afford Aldens... even anything from Shoemart irregulars list would be a HUGE expense for me. I need to get a pair from them as soon as I somehow improve my income (I have something cooking, but better not jinx it).

Secondly, this is yet another winter that my butt is freezing, doh [​IMG].

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  20. Epaulet

The Forest last is very much a true medium. If you can get away with medium shoes in most brands, then you should be good to go on this style. Many of guys who need a narrow in the Alden Barrie/Tru-Balance actually find that the regular Forest fits perfI'd stay away from the bal boots though, as they can't be laced as tightly at the top. You can pull the bluchers in much more.

Yup, no problemo. Just don't linger too long on a specific spot.

And if it's not TOO wrinkled, then try hanging it in the bathroom and taking a hot shower. That works surprisingly well.