1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

? Anyone? Bueller?

2. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Well-Known Member

Bit of a resurrection here, but I am also a fan of pocket knives. I was wondering if you knew what the current carrying laws are in NYC? Someone informed me that it's now technically illegal to have any LOCKING BLADE, which I find beyond absurd if true. Any validity in this claim?

BTW, beautiful Mcusta. Been eying a Yoroi myself.

3. Costa

Costa Well-Known Member

Interested in the input here as well. I have the Grape Flannel on order but I know its more of a winter pant. I'm interested in something of a 3 season (fall, winter, spring) pants, and wondering how the wool/silk blend fit into that spectrum. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm on the same path as far as pants and shoes, its becoming VERY Epaulet-heavy. Can't be happier with their products and the input from Adele and Mike.

4. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

I also need to make some decisions. Medium grey tones are probably the most versatile. I'm looking at the wool/silk as well, but I can't quite decide. I haven't received my grape flannels yet, but I suspect that they are actually fairly easy to match. I like the look of the charcoal POW, but I find charcoal trousers often turn out to be more difficult to wear than you think they'll be. They can work with many shirts, but then adding a SC makes it more difficult. Depends what you need. Sorry, this doesn't really help.

An Epaulet-heavy wardrobe helps ensure coherence.

5. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Well-Known Member

IIRC size 44 isn't stocked anymore, except via special order. :(

Mike, can you consider at least stocking one size 44 per run of Southwicks to at least give us 44 guys a shot?

6. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Well-Known Member

I hope Epaulet goes up one more size soon! I'm sitting here drooling at those magnificent trousers and jackets, size 46 and 38 please :D.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Dude, we won't be able to buy large sodas at bodegas after March of next year, you think knives would be ok? LOL

Anyway, to BG and the guys with the pant versatility questions..heres my take from my experiences with fabrics. I have the Grape Flannel, they're heavy. Very much a winter pant. The color is so damn cool though, and although is "grape" it looks mostly grey unless your in certain light (but take that witha grain of salt, I'm colorblind). The POW is a muted one, and would most likely appear solid at any distance save up close. The wool/cashmere will most likely wear faster, but the trade off is that it will be uber soft. Just the general way cashmere works. The wool silk is an interesting fabric and will probably have a "restrained stretch" to it, something that I find most materials made with silk do. Its cool, and different. I'd probably put that in the lighter realm, where the grape would be at the heavy end.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. Costa

Costa Well-Known Member

I'd check with either the long time customers of Epaulet (NYR has become a great source of guidance) or e-mail Mike and Adele. I know the pants can be taken in or out a few inches.

Great input, thanks! I have the Grape Flannel on order, and trying to figure out my next trouser move.

By the way, those Anderson Jumpers were everything you said and more. My new (for now) favorite shoe/boot. Thanks again!

9. Todd V

Todd V Well-Known Member

The Anderson Jumpers look amazing (is it is amazingly?) Can any of the Carmina line be special ordered in smaller sizes? Or can upcoming makeups be preordered in smaller sizes? I guess that would involve divulging the make ups ahead of time!

I'm looking for ~7.5D US or 6.5UK...

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

There should be a chance to preorder when they restock. Or keep an eye on the Carmina x Epaulet thread for special makeups. You can definitely get your size then.

Also, I think they just put a reorder for the Anderson in. Can't hurt to see if you can still get in for your size. Give them a call.

11. EpauletFemme

EpauletFemme Active Member

Good news! We just got a size large in the navy melton back in stock! (customer exchange)

[​IMG]

12. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Well-Known Member

Haha, good point.

13. NewYorkIslander

Just got back from Smith St, where I blew a summer work check. Oh my gog. I'm just gonna say there's a some awesomeness on the shelves, and it rhymes with Harmina.

Happy Hanukkah for all the non-Gentiles out there.

14. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

What kind of job do you do when school's out, Rob? I saw a teacher at the local mall and I was chatting with her. Apparently the new ones are hired on a yearly basis, pretty scary thought.

I can't wait to see the new Harmonecas!

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

Just popped in as well. They are spectacular - so unexpected to see them chillin' on the shelf like that.

Folks will be delighted.

16. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

We need pics of the new Carminas!!!

17. reezy

reezy Well-Known Member

Do you happen to the houndstooth vest in a 36. Missed out and it will complete my suit.

18. thecool85

thecool85 Well-Known Member

^^^That's a good start :nodding:.

19. NewYorkIslander

I run a youth running program in the neighborhood for 6-9th graders, as well as something similar through my school with 2nd through 5th graders. Summers I do as much curriculum writing as I can, usually a couple of weeks...yea, the non-tenured people are scared shitless...not to get too political, especially here, but there's a reason why so many teachers leave after 3 or fewer years...in NYC they basically get their balls broken constantly until they get tenured, and even after the third year, many are just on probationary status. When more than half of their rating is on how students perform, in the poorer school districts its nearly impossible to get tenure these days.