1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Is it THAT strange that folks appreciate a $700 blazer for $350 a little bit more? :satisfied:

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Had a wonderful day, lots to be thankful for. Great family, great food, great friends...cool threads.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Walt Flannel Cargo
    CarminaxEpaulet Saddle Shell Boot (by a warm fire)
    Stark & Yellow Hook

And a tree that didn't hit my family's house (Irene took care of that last summer)
    [​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

6 people like this.
  3. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hmm good question. It's a great piece for late fall to early winter - or could get you through an entire winter if it doesn't get that cold where you are. I'd put it in the 50 to 20 degree Fahrenheit range. It's going to be significantly warmer and more insulating than the usual mackintosh rubberized cotton.

Rock and roll! Just holler if you need any help on sizing.

Very soon actually. We just received them on Tuesday and we started shipping out orders already on Wednesday. We'll definitely get everything packed and labeled this weekend, so they'll be in your hands soon.

The final round of 2013 will go down next Friday. We've still got some good inventory on wools, plenty of corduroy, a couple of new items, and it appears that we can cut another 10-12 units of Airforce flannel - the runaway hit of the Factory Find world. Delivery on that last round will be mid Jan.

Great photos and happy Thanksgiving to you too! Where did you go? It looks great there.

4. barrangadang

barrangadang Well-Known Member

Actually, I do, I wear a 9.5 in Vans, no clue what I wear in Chuck T's, is sizing the same anyway?

5. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Thank you for the FF update.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Thanks man, my uncle has a place in Pelham Manor, NY. Funny thing, is all of that you're looking at behind me is The Bronx. Not exactly what you'd expect from that borough, incredibly beautiful park right on the Bronx/Westchester border.

7. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Rob, I am seriously envious of that sweater. I need something like that.

8. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

I saw a SNS sweater just like that on sale for about $200 + 25% black friday. I want to say it was at Boylston.

Oh, just checked and it's sold out.

http://www.boylstontradingco.com/clothing/knit/stark-4200.html

I was debating whether to nab it or not myself, but alas no more.

9. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

From what I gather, this is a navy Stark in a small, and I've just bought one from our friend jpc9 [​IMG]

amathew, I'm not sure you'll find it at this low a price elsewhere, but you could check Need Supply, End, or Indigo & Cotton, all of them should be having a discount.

10. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger [​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

If you really mean EVERYONE, than I have to say [​IMG] because we don't have that down here :).

11. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wearing my bedford cords. I probably should have done a close up texture shot or something but whatever. I don't know if I can ever buy non-epaulet pants ever again.

1 person likes this.
  12. jpc9

jpc9 Well-Known Member

You said it, brother. I got to that place months and months ago. If Mike ever rolled out denim again (understand why he won't--seriously, why would he? The denim game is a clustferf$ck of oversaturation), I probably wouldn't spend my clothing money anywhere else.

13. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

Wearing my Kurabo Smiths right now. So soft.

14. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

Back to the robo-pose. I think these were called "lemon-lime" donegals. Unfortunately the picture doesn't capture the texture. Here with the natural chromexcel belt and saddle shell Carminas.

[​IMG]

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd say most guys would wear the same in chucks and vans - at least the classic Vans styles like the Era. So I'd put you at an 8.5 in the Thorogood oxford.

Looking good - thanks for picking them up!

I hear you. It's been a long time since denim has passed through our hands.

Stay tuned for early 2013. I've been working on a little something for a few months and I think that you guys are really going to dig it! I've realized that standard 5-pocket raw selvedge is not an arena that I really want to compete in. There's a lot out there and I want to offer something unique and consistent. Something special that we can stock all year round in a design that you won't see elsewhere. I've got some things cooking right now, and they'll hopefully bear fruit in January-February.

For all the wild Veneto jackets & Carmina shell cordovan boots that we made this past year, our basics like canvas chinos, OCBD's, and rugged shoes like the new Thorogood oxford are really close to my heart. Rest assured that we'll have a lot of product development in these directions as well. Even if I'm dropping some psycho new Carmina styles and a bunch of unlined, hand-made in London neckties in a week.

Oh, and a new unstructured sportcoat. Soft shoulder and completely freaking perfect. Coming this week in two different fabrics. Good lord!

16. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

I just came home to a surprisingly unexpected package from you guys, it appears that you sent me an extra pair of Cramerton Walt's... Shall I send these back to you? Got a label I can slap on the box?

17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

I'm super curious now! And it's really nice to hear about the "elevated basics" approach--it's one of the things I love most about Epaulet.

Speaking of elevated basics, if you really need a Black Friday Epaulet fix, Need Supply has its Regiment Twill Walts marked down to $119 and there's decent sizing still left. Add the SFNOV10 code for 10% off and that covers shipping plus a few dollars.

Seems OK to post this in this thread. While I'm sure we'd all love to see Need Supply sell out of its EP gear at full price, if they are marking it down, it's available to all...and it won't last. Mike, feel free to PM me or just post here if you'd prefer me to take this down.

18. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

How often do you guys get Carminas in? If no pythons are in this month, then it's December at the earliest, right? :(

Caramel ducks today:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. vezatron

vezatron Well-Known Member

Love my olive walts...do yourself a favor and get a pair if you haven't!

20. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Those photos are pretty bad!!

Check this out - rear shot of the Walt trouser in charcoal:

[​IMG]

WTF??!??!?:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012