1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Bananagrabber

Mr. Bananagrabber Well-Known Member

What's everyone doing with the bottoms of their flannel Rivets? Straight hem, cuffed, or rolled? I was thinking I would roll them but either way I need to get them to the tailor to take a bit off and avoid a massively thick roll.

2. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

The Gitman Vintage measurements on the Epaulet site indicate that large Gitmans have a 16.5" neck. I believe that Mike's concept with Ashland was to tweak the Gitman fit into something he liked a little more, and that may or may not be the reason the necks on those are listed 0.5" larger. Of course, Gitman's sizing does vary through each season, so there could be variance there. You could also measure your Gitman shirts to compare. I've also never heard a complaint about the measurements on Epaulet's site, so I think you can trust the numbers you see to be accurate.

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

Can we see it?

4. applky

applky Well-Known Member

NYR, a classic way to wear a patterned sportcoat. (Your tie looks like a Panta shetlair and a Vanda shantung had a child.)

Your Carminas are aging nicely. Do you use any polish on them?

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Really like the shoes Rob

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Thanks boys, no polish at all yet. Just a brushing before and after wearing...

7. xr4ti

xr4ti Well-Known Member

Mike, Adele, LoD,

Maybe i missed it but when are the Rudy pre-orders coming in? They were listed as end of September for delivery.

Thanks in advance.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Sure thing, here's from my side:

1. Factory Finds are being grinded out as we speak. I expect to get Walts shortly, with Rudy's a week or two after that. Apologies for the delay on this, the complexity of cutting all those individual orders turned out to be a bit overwhelming for the factory, so we're going to put a 6-week lead time on round 3 (going up this week) just to be safe. Should be soon though.

2. All of our Scottish sweaters (including the shawl cardigan) should be here soon as well. We're going to follow up, but I definitely expect all of them by mid-October.

3. Round 3 Factory finds is this week. No chino one on the immediate horizon.

Nice! Looking good!

Oh yes, glad that it's still soldiering for you! Sadly we had to shut down our LA shirt production a while back, so I don't have anything quite like it coming out any time soon. But we've certainly got a freak-ton of shirts en-route for the season.

Ah yes, the Racked team told me about this over the weekend!

We won this prize last year, very much due to the support of everyone on Styleforum. If you guys wouldn't mind voting for us, that would be awesome. Not sure if we'll take it 2 years in a row (J.Crew's got a few thousand employees on us), but it would be rad to finish towards the top. Nice to see CHCM in the running too - that guy is good people.

Hmm, that's a tough question! For the trousers, the best sellers are always Regiment Twill Gunmetal and Oxford Grey Flannel. Regiment Twill Navy and Olive UK Canvas are close finishers as well. Any of these will be extremely versatile.

A big reason for the difference in Ashland and Gitman Vintage is that Gitman Vintage is washed, and they use fabrics which shrink at unpredictable rates. Ashland uses dress cloth fabrics where shrinkage is minimal. However, it's common for collars to shrink by 0.25 to 0.5" with a normal wash, so our Ashland sizing is a bit larger there.

They are looking boss as hell. Very nice!

9. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

curious as to why gitman does not wash the fabrics before making them into shirts. saves us the headache of inconsistent sizings.

10. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

I can do that but it might take a few days to get around to. I need to do a pic of an old guy rockin' streetwear anyway for another thread. That old guy would be me. LOL!

I knew I should have bought about a dozen of them. LOL! That shirt along with some well worn dry denim, a pair of Wolverine 1Ks and a Filson belt and vest have become my signature style when out photographing live music events when the evenings are cool. I've seen some of the new shirts and they look pretty good but no flapped pockets which is something I actually need.

11. 510kut

510kut Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

Not sure if I missed it but at one point I think it was said a polo re-stock was going to happen. Any update?

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Well, the Ashlands are made in proper shrink-resistant dress shirtings and oxfords. Shrinkage is going to be minimal, but the collar fusable shortening a little bit is totally normal. Since our Ashland line is dressier than Vintage, I think that unwashed works best - just like in our mainline Epaulet shirts.

Gitman Vintage, on the other hand, is done in largely casual fabrics - including a lot of Japanese goods - and their fabrics often shrink to varying amounts. That's a big reason for the sizing difference you might find from one shirt to another. The shirts come soft and wrinkled, and it's a good match for the Gitman Vintage vibe.

Yes, I've been in contact with the knitter, but it looks like delivery is going to be too tight for this year. That August holiday backed them up, and if I was to order polos, we wouldn't have them until early December, which is too far out of the season, even for long sleeves.

That said, you can bet that we'll have a big restock of short sleeves and a few long-sleeve styles coming in late Feb / early March for Spring '13.

13. stingray1381

stingray1381 Well-Known Member

I love Epaulet stuff so much. I am wearing the new red brick cords and they are just killer.

14. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Pics, man!

Crappy phone picture for now...Saddle Shell Carminas:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

Glad I grabbed the polo right away, then.

16. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Btw, what is the weight on those cords? Probably won't be able to wear them in heavy winters?

17. luzer

luzer Well-Known Member

how many people prefer to taper/slim the walt?

18. bestak

bestak Active Member

i have the sand version, the cord is not heavy. In autumn it will be fine for winter an heavier cloth is required if the temparature is low.
    or you can always wear underneath pant, the type of special clothe you have to wear under a pant when you go skying or walking during winter in the moutain to warm you.

Sorry i don't know the exact english name for that. in french caleçon de ski, something like that

http://www.google.fr/products/catal...a=X&ei=FDNrUPXUEorD0QWFkIDADQ&ved=0CEcQ8wIwBQ

19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

just caught this...so Round 3 of Factory Finds this week is just going to be Walt/Rudy trousers, with no Rivet or Bedford Cord options? I've been holding off on buying some cords, but if there aren't going to be any options for those coming up soon, I might just pick up a pair now before they sell out in my size.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

Wow! Just wow! So I have been waiting for the buffalo check shirt since the swatches were released and was lucky enough (so I thought) to refresh this thread Saturday right after they posted. I instantly purchased a medium and went on with my day. 30 minutes later I took another peak at the snap shots of the shirt and saw medium was gone and shortly after, only the XL remained... Lucky me.

So being a weekend and yesterday a Monday, I didn't think much of not noticing any notifications of shipping or order confirmation, but started wondering why I didn't receive any notices this afternoon. I checked my Paypal and could find no record of the transaction and I knew that all epaulet had left was XL last time I looked. So I yelled a bunch of profanities and was deciding if there was anything to do, when I decided to check to see if maybe, just maybe someone returned a medium. Sure enough, I clicked on the product and all that remained this time was one medium. I bought it, the confirmation email arrived instantly and I sighed in relief.:slayer:... Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket ;) too bad I don't play.

Kind of lame to get so excited over a shirt, but I think that at least in the photos, it is the best looking plaidish shirt that I have ever seen.

Also mike and Adele, if you guys get that other cream colored check Ashland up today, I can add that to my order and save you guys a bit on delivery... Just sayin.