1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Any updates on the trunk show?

2. stingray1381

stingray1381 Well-Known Member

I have quite a few brogues, but the picture just doesn't show them well.

3. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Yes. Will be at the Standard Hotel in Downtown LA. From approximately 11am-7pm. Karaoke afterwards. But I will let Mike chime in on details.

4. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Navy Service Chinos. Sorry you can't really see the details on the pants and shoes.
    [​IMG]

5. Costa

Costa Well-Known Member

6. sahbryant

sahbryant Well-Known Member

say do any of you guys size down in the thicker wool, flannel, and tweed pants? i could swear my summer weight pants in the same size consistently fit more trimly in the seat ...

7. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

If anything, they fit tighter around the waist for me. I usually wear a size 31 in chino and Walt. I normally take in the waist a bit on the Walt since I order a 32. With the thicker fabrics, ie Harris Tweed, Flannel, and Shetland..the waist on size 32s are perfect as is.

8. luzer

luzer Well-Known Member

thanks for the kind words.... Sid is in Hotlanta! i am in NYC.
    [​IMG]

9. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Are the walt trousers pre-shrunk?

The other day, I spilt some coffee on my trousers at work. These pants had allready been hemmed w/ no break, and when I got home, I hand washed them in woollite and hung them to try. Just wondering if I can expect them to shrink a little.

10. sharkminusbear

sharkminusbear Well-Known Member

They do shrink, in my experience. I got mine hemmed with no break after 1 wash... but after accidentally washing them with warm/hot water, they shrunk a bit more so I need to get the length let out. Handwashing and hang drying should be very minimal shrinkage, however.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  11. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Thanks! Ah, forgot I still have quite a bit of extra material and could still have it "let out."

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

You know, I have a like a million things to do today with the Newsletter tomorrow and the LA Trunk show. But I still found seven minutes to make this. I just couldn't resist:

[​IMG]

13. jt2gt

jt2gt Well-Known Member

Olive Canvas Walts with a little Alden Indy Cordo 8s thrown in. Favorite pants and easily my favorite Alden boots together for one special day.:D

[​IMG]

14. jacksh

jacksh Well-Known Member

For all those who have received the Rivet Chino Wool do you feel they fit as usual or smaller like the Rivet Oxfords?

All my rivets are size 31 but had to go 32 in the oxfords.

TIA

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I found the wool Rivet to be slightly slimmer than my cotton Rivets, but not quite as slim as my Oxford cloth Rivets....so they fit somewhere in between the two. I usually take a 34 in the standard Rivets - I sized up to 36 and got only the waist taken in on the Oxford cloths and they fit pretty similar to my other 34s. I tried the Wool in 34 but they were just a tad too slim for me. I think sizing all the way up to 36 for those would have been too much.

16. sahbryant

sahbryant Well-Known Member

+1

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Also, just moved to another new city, which means finding a new tailor again, which in turn means another new person to marvel at my Epaulet pants. I lost a little bit of weight around my midsection since last winter :nodding:, so I had to bring in all my winter-weight trousers from last year to get the waist taken in a smidge. The tailor saw my navy marl lambswools, oxford grey flannels, and wheat (I think that was the name of the color) donegals, and said "wow, these are all really nice pants!" And another bonus is this place is run by an old Italian couple, who do all the work by themselves in-house....I have high hopes.

18. ElDave

ElDave Well-Known Member

Just pulled the trigger on my first pair of Rivets :slayer:

19. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club! What did you get?
    As for me, started with clay canvas, then navy and french blue 7oz canvas, then grey oxfords and leaf ducks. Apart from that, I got madras brick walt from 1st factory finds, and I am waiting for air force flannel walt from the 2nd round. Not too massive by local standards [​IMG]