• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipsilk

Reaction score
Can we get a color breakdown for the 7oz and oxford chinos? What's in store right now? Could be worth a lunch break jaunt to the LES...

AML225

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of the Navy canvas rivet chinos. Must have been returned by someone as my size has been out of stock for a while. Pretty stoked!

Mike- I know I've been an absolute pest but any chance my store credit for my returns will go through before the new stuff goes live?

neutrino

Reaction score
Looks fine to me - those laces are a good touch for this color combo, too

Tatum Rag

Reaction score
do i need to wash my cramertons before getting them hemmed? thanks!

Last edited:

runningfrog

Reaction score

yes, they will shrink a little in the length after a cold wash. you should hang dry unless you want to intentionally shrink them even more.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my gunmetals rivets today and I am affraid they have shrunk up a bit too much :brick:

Any restocks in size 33 in the future...?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can we get a color breakdown for the 7oz and oxford chinos? What's in store right now? Could be worth a lunch break jaunt to the LES...

Sure, 7oz comes in:

French Blue
Cherry Red
Payapa (kind of a toned-down orange)

The new 10oz is Leaf - a really cool shade of green.

Oxford will probably arrive next week. We'll have blue, wine, and grey. And an army-toned digital camo.

Just picked up a pair of the Navy canvas rivet chinos. Must have been returned by someone as my size has been out of stock for a while. Pretty stoked!

Mike- I know I've been an absolute pest but any chance my store credit for my returns will go through before the new stuff goes live? 

Thank you sir! I know that we're a bit backed up with returns, so it might be best if you just order anything new that you like and then we put through a refund for the return that you sent back. That's no problem.

I'm wearing the plum Rivet Chinos with navy PTB's today after seeing NYR's fit the other day.

Very nice!

If you intend to get them hemmed with no break or with a cuff, then I'd say yes. They'll shrink a tiny bit in the inseam. If you usually hem them with a generous amount of break, then you probably don't need to worry about it. It's a small amount.

Wearing my gunmetals rivets today and I am affraid they have shrunk up a bit too much :brick:
Any restocks in size 33 in the future...?

Yes, we should have that later in the week. Sorry to hear about the pair that you have now. Did you put them in the dryer? We wash-tested a bunch of the colors with cold washing and hang-drying, and I didn't get any shrinkage at all on them.

One thing to consider is that you can let out the seat. If you've worn and washed them a bit, then there's going to be visible lines where the fabric was let out. But after a few more washes and such, these will become a lot less apparent.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you're about to unleash a bunch of product by end of week, is the restock of the Walt Navy 120s part of that bunch? Will def get a pair 32.

If not, is it on the horizon?

CaliforniaSon

Reaction score
Hi SF. I have a few questions about recent/future epaulet purchases.

grabbed a pair of navy canvas rivets a month or so back and despite my... ahem... efforts Ive concluded they need to be let out in the waist/seat. should i cold wash/hang dry before having this done? also, since its a high stress area i worry about having it done correctly. is this going to be standard fare for any tailor?

looking to go in on the red/white/blue and/or sunset madras, how does the sizing compare to a gitman vintage large? If a GV large (blue n white stripe if it makes a difference) is a little snug in the shoulders and on the short side, would I be better off with an Epaulet XL?

Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I know you're about to unleash a bunch of product by end of week, is the restock of the Walt Navy 120s part of that bunch?  Will def get a pair 32.  

If not, is it on the horizon?

Yup, we definitely have that on order. I believe that we may get them tomorrow, actually.

Hi SF.  I have a few questions about recent/future epaulet purchases.

grabbed a pair of navy canvas rivets a month or so back and despite my... ahem...  efforts Ive concluded they need to be let out in the waist/seat.  should i cold wash/hang dry before having this done?  also, since its a high stress area i worry about having it done correctly.  is this going to be standard fare for any tailor?

looking to go in on the red/white/blue and/or sunset madras, how does the sizing compare to a gitman vintage large?  If a GV large (blue n white stripe if it makes a difference) is a little snug in the shoulders and on the short side, would I be better off with an Epaulet XL?

Thanks!

Thanks for picking them up! Letting out the waist/seat should be easy for any tailor, and I wouldn't worry about it being sealed correctly. Technically, it's a straightforward job. The main reason that you need a good tailor is so that they can estimate how much needs to be let out by seeing the chinos on you.

The great part about doing this alteration is that you'll end up with a totally custom fit in both areas.

And for the shirts, I'm thinking that a Epaulet XL will be a good fit for you. It's slightly bigger than the GV Large and will give you both more room in the shoulders and a longer fit.

Rincon

Reaction score
Time estimate on Neopolitan blazers? Guys in store said they were held up in Customs?

Also, is it possible to reserve one of those?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics