1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Oh, you actually have room in the Medium? Thought you didn't. In that case, it sounds like we have nearly identical measurements. Try that Ashland Small. I'm wearing one today, as it happens. They fit me better than any of my OTR and some of my MTM shirts.

NYR, fantastic. Glad to see that Vanda on you!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. runningfrog

runningfrog Well-Known Member

damn NYR, fitzgerald shortwings in both cognac and saddle shell. baller!

i got them in cognac from the last restock. they're really great shoes with classic style. saddle is great though, i have a brogue captoe in saddle that i got from the armoury and i'm actually wearing today. the side profile picture of your saddle shortwings makes the color look too light. i think mine have darkened a bit since i got them and are now more of a caramel color, similar to the color from your full body shot pic.

3. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Yeah well NYR looks so elegant that it's almost offensive. So maybe it's not that bad that one flying friend topped off the look with its little spécialité [​IMG].

4. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Remember how Bradley Cooper was able to afford to go to Vegas in Hangover I?

Oxford chinos today:
    [​IMG]

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

cross-posting from WAYWT, here's my big Cambridge post; blue and white Epaulet OCBDs featured (and then some other stuff):

6. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Well-Known Member

Can anyone help to answer my query?

I'm interested in Epaulet trousers but I'm a little apprehensive about buying them as I live in HK and it'll be a major pain if it didn't fit. I know for sure that I'll have to shorten them but I'm more concerned about the fit. Are they slim to the point where it's tight? I have thick(er) thighs and for reference I can't fit into a Levi's 501. I can fit into a pair of UNIS 32 GIO's though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

7. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

There are measurement charts on the bottom of the pages of the chinos/trousers. Measure your best fitting trousers and contrast the measurements.

8. bestak

bestak Active Member

Hello

just as wj4 says check the chart size and the comments on each pants line above measurements chapter (The Rivet Chino is..., The Walt is...)

What i have found right now is From slimmest to less slim is: Rivet < Walt < Rudy

For example i take 33 in Rivet but 32 in Rudy
    It's the same with Brooks Brothers Chinos: Clark 32 but Elliot 33
    I wear UniGlo made in japan jean in 33
    My French size is 42

What i understant of your problem imply IMHO that you should check within the Rudy line .

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Fantastic. How do you like the fit of the forest last?

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

I may be missing it but when is EP making it's trip to LA area? Iirc, I think I'm in town for work that week..

11. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

NYR I gotta go to class fitted like that. Wore a tie today since kids were saying I was way too young. I do have students who are about 2 years younger than me though...

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

It's great NAMOR. Its roomier that the Barrie, but more chiseled than the Trubalance. Great last.

Wow, I'm old enough to be their dad in my room!

13. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Sept 22nd.

another cross-post from WAYWT; here's the purple/brown gingham shirt in action in Paris:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Going to agree with NYR here. I have two pairs on the Forest with the EP shell bal boots coming (can't wait to try the wide fitting). It is a very comfortable shape, but also very classy IMO.

Here's something of an odd photo of how the shape looks with an awful rental tuxedo (in the wedding party and bride's orders...). Shoe is a Forest last black cap toe bal. The toe box is high, but with a nice rounded point.
    [​IMG]

SVB: More wonderful photos. Thanks.

And finally, yesterday afternoon in the EP milkshake Indys. iPhone camera can't handle their blazing taupe glory, but you get the idea. Suede/commando sole combination is exceedingly comfortable.

[​IMG]

15. luzer

luzer Well-Known Member

just ordered 2 more pairs of WALT pants.. total is 4 pairs. 1 jacket.

Slim Walt Trouser Cocoa Herringbone Shetland Tweed
    Slim Walt Trouser Medium Grey Wool & Cashmere

possible an addict
    can someone comment on pant length? my tailor says i am going to short...

16. bestak

bestak Active Member

The Cluny Sorbonne metropolitan station, i use it everyday for changing line during my 3 years cursus in the Pierre et Marie Curie University, long time ago

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Can you post a pic of how your pants fit lengthwise? Opinions will vary as there is no universal standard for how the trousers should break, but there is an acceptable range going from no break to a tasteful full break. Some here like a zero break or even somewhat of a "highwater" look, but I usually tend to go for a slight break on most of my trousers.

BTW - 4 pairs is just the beginning of your addiction. You won't need rehab until you get into the double digits :teach:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  18. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

19. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

hey SvB how did you like Paris? Looks like weather was very nice (can be iffy this time of year, in fact it was most of August I heard)

20. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Swung by the other day. Fall shirting is so fantastic -- both the Epaulet and Ashland shirting (among other things).