1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who basically doesn't fit into any OTR shirts, the Epaulet shirt pattern is the best fitting and most versatile that I've come across. The standard sizes really seem to fit a wide range of guys, so why mess with success. I'm going to continue fantasizing about a MTO shirt program though...maybe someday...

2. thebunk

thebunk Well-Known Member

No one is suggesting they change measurements. That is one of the strengths of Epaulet which is the very consistent fitting. And while smaller changes like custom collars, arm lengths and buttons\cuffs would be a nice to have, just having the ability to pick limited edition fabrics in the standard sizes and that is it would be awesome.

3. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

any update on the pants orders from last month? they were supposed to be ready at the beginning of this week right?

4. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Is there a way to tell whether the Manhattan store or the Brooklyn store has a certain item?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this sweater:
    http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1409/Gant-Rugger-Varsity-V-dsh-neck/Detail

I live in NYC so it's easier for me to drop by a store to pick it up rather than online and I don't wnt to show up to one of the stores to find out the item is in the other store.

5. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Why not call them? Their phone number is listed on the site for both stores.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. plato

plato Well-Known Member

7. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

Earlier ths week they said that the pants should be in store by the end of the week, and that they were going to get everything prepped for shipping over the weekend. IIRC they also said that they would get some sample pics up as well.

... Next week is going to be great! Five pairs of pants from the first factory finds, and some steinbecks too!!! Now it just needs to cool down to more reasonable temperatures to actually wear all of this great FW clothing!

8. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Blaze Walt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

Sorry for being MIA over the past two days, been running around quite a bit to get all of our Fall/Winter ducks in a row. I'll try to get back to all of my PM's tomorrow too!

Also, Shetland Trousers & Carmina Belts are ready to go live, just have to put the final touches on that tomorrow. I'll post them here once they're up.

It's a great idea. I'd have to put that together, but maybe we can swing that at least once this season.

I believe that we can do a Rivet Chino factory finds next month as well. I got sent a few fabrics there which are very cool. And the next Walt/Rudy Factory Finds is going to be HUGE!

I'd love to be able to do this someday, but at the moment we're not set up to. But we can accommodate special orders of our existing size range. So if you want an XS or and XXL, we can cut it. Or if we don't have your size and you're S-XL, we can also cut that for you.

Thank you sir!

And you know, funny that you mention Factory Finds. The first batch just arrived this morning. We opened the box, and it looked like a huge cardboard carton of this....

[​IMG]

and this...

[​IMG]

and a bit of this...

[​IMG]

They are SO freaking good. We'll work on getting everything packed and shipped by the weekend. And I shot a gallery of 18 images so that you guys can see how everything made up. Thanks to everyone who ordered!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  10. nathanl

nathanl Well-Known Member

Aw yeah!

11. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

^^ haha love those gifs.

+1. Aw yeah to Chino factory finds. Any wools?

12. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

I dig this shirt.

13. bestak

bestak Active Member

Hello from Paris

I had found Epaulet with a web search when i try to find made in maine shoes

During July/august I bought 2 set of shoes from epaulet and shirts+pants, thank's for the sale items :)

- Tapered Rudy Cargo Trouser Light Grey Flannel (32): perfect but a little hot for the Temperature here right now >25°C
    - Mens Point Collar Chambray Shirt Red (S), my Fit in UK size is M or 15.5/32

For the shoes:

Waverly Penny Loafer Black Chromexcel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(the chinos are not from epaulet WeSc and BB)

Size US-8D

Longfellow Kiltie Buckle Loafer

Size US-7.5D (wear only with thin socks or without)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (again pants not from epaulet, in fact it's pant for walking under heavy summer and not the type to wear with such shoes)

For theses shoes i follow the advice to take 1/2 size less if i wear with thin socks or barefoot. It works well, at first the shoes have been very narrow, but few minutes after it was fine

The new Carmina Faulkner Shortwing Natural Chromexcel set are very [​IMG].
    I have only 45mn by train to go to the Paris carmina shop, but theses one will be not in the paris shop tssss bad luck
    By the way i am a little bankrupt for this end of the month so, maybe next time in size UK-7.5 ?, even if i know that buying EU goods in USA is not a good idea

For your information about carmina sheos sizing if it can help you

I have 2 carmina shoes one in UK-8 the Detroit model and one in UK-7.5 the Robert model. The UK-8 needs insoles.
    I have an Allen Edmonds Park Avenue set in size US-8 and 1 Allen Edmonds Player Shoes set in US-8
    I have 2 Rancourt shoes from BBthers in size US-8: Hand sewn chukka boots and Suede Moccasin Chukka Boots
    I have some UK shoes size UK-7.5 : C Tyrwhitt, Herrings, Barker, Trickers
    In France my size is mainly 41.5 or 42 (with or without insole) depending on the shoes Last

[​IMG]

14. bestak

bestak Active Member

Sorry for multiple post

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  15. bestak

bestak Active Member

I recently buy a rivet chino and a shirt (just received today )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Mens Point Collar Shadow Dot Shirt Ice (M): Size S is fine but i want to try the M to check if it is not too large.and it's mainly OK, only the sleeves are a little long for me

[​IMG]

So the question will be what size to choose for Epaulet coat ? (for later of course, money.. tout ça )

- Rivet Chino Oxford Cloth Grey (33): this items seems more tight than, the Rudy so i size 1 up and it works fine, perfect. I can say for me Rudy 32=Rivet 33

[​IMG]

and I bought 2 pants from the Preorder batch of the 20 august, so of course not yet receive

- Special Order Trouser Airforce Flannel (Rudy, 32)
    - Special Order Trouser Gunmetal Calvary Twill (Rudy, 32)

16. bestak

bestak Active Member

Sorry for multiple post

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  17. stlms3

stlms3 Well-Known Member

Factory finds photos up on tumblr and I have a shipping notification!

18. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Well-Known Member

Some gorgeous trousers in that bunch.

19. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

We're shipping out a ton of Factory Finds today. I put up two quick galleries on Tumblr to show off how they came out:

http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/

20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

Will have a look at tumblr. Got a shipping notification as well. Very excited to receive 8 lbs of trousers. :)