1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stateless

stateless Well-Known Member

I was just about to order 2 pairs of trousers and a belt when I checked this thread.

Are there new fabrics coming in the next week or so? You're already out of my size in the olive gun check and navy windowpane linen, so can't hurt to see what you have up your sleeves next.

2. sfactor23

sfactor23 Well-Known Member

I, too, have a 40" chest, and I required an XL size for the popover shirt - so I guess I'm saying that it depends

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I'm 38.5" and go Medium...

4. plato

plato Well-Known Member

^ I'm 41-42 and the large size woven shirt from epaulet fits me in the chest (even if my proportions are off otherwise). The medium polo is a great fit for me. Don't have a popover shirt though.

5. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Depends on how you like your fit, honestly. I'm a 42" chest and typically wear a "true" 44 (22 pit to pit) and an XL is perfect for me.

6. Hampton

Hampton Well-Known Member

This is perfect.

7. jt2gt

jt2gt Well-Known Member

+1...hem on Walts looks perfect. WJ4...can you tell me how you are measuring your hem. I am having a helluva time getting a perfect hem on my pants these days. JT

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

We'll put up the next round of "Factory Finds" next Thursday. There's about 20 new fabrics to choose from - all of which are wool. Quite a few tweeds in there too.

For "ready to wear" Walts, we'll get our first Fall delivery around the end of August.

And got a quick fit photo for you guys. Here's our team of dudes at the Capsule trade show:

[​IMG]

Matt's wearing the long sleeve oxford popover

Dylan's got the Caine Hopsack, cutaway collar navy gingham, ashland floral tie, and Walt natural linens. Ashland paisley pocket square too.

Jakes's wearing the Walt Cramertons. And yes, he's wearing a pith helmet. He got it on clearance at Black Fleece. I have to say, that dude OWNS that hat.

3 people like this.
  9. jpc9

jpc9 Well-Known Member

Aw crap. I've been eyeballing this for a couple of weeks, just couldn't decide on short or long sleeve until this past weekend. Highs in the low 60's in the Bay Area. In August. Which means long sleeve would get more wear, and of course my size (S) out of stock. Shot in the impossible dark here, but Mike or Matt, any chance this will see a restock?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  10. oisin

oisin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

navy regimental twill walts.

3 people like this.
  11. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I usually have my tailor hem the trousers to barely cover my ankle bones. Sometimes a bit higher if I truly want a no break look.

Mike: Can't wait to see the factory finds and the Epaulet team looks great in the pic!

12. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding my 7oz caramel canvas rivets. They have seen about ~10 wears and seem like they are busting open in the seat. Is this normal wear in behavior for this type of pant? The fit on them is perfect and exactly how I want them to fit, snug but not overly tight.

[​IMG]

13. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

I've been having the exact same problem, they fit fine in the seat but I had them let out recently (accepting the inevitable diaper-butt that would happen) because of that separation and my worry that it would get worse (I had worn them 5-6 times). I'm going to assume it's something to do with the fabric itself, either way I'm not entirely happy about it.

That being said, I just saw that a 10oz chino in caramel just got put up, and I wish I had waited for those instead of the 7oz ones. I feel like a heavier fabric is more suitable to that colour. Oh well.

Edit: Just checked my pair post-seat letting out. I've worn them once since and it's already separating there.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

^ Hmmm. I have the exact same thing happening w/ my 7oz caramel pair as well. It actually started after 3 wearings. I've been watching it to see if it's getting worse, and was debating to post about it or just PM Mike. Don't really want to be a hassle, but also concerned that this is really fast seam/fabric distress, even for a lighter weight pant.

15. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Ditto on not wanting to be a pain, I am very happy with my other pair of rivets but I was getting concerned about the rapid wear of the seams. I was debating emailing the store about it, but I thought I'd wait and see if anyone else was having similar issues.

16. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

^I happened to be wearing my 7oz caramel canvas rivets today. I've never noticed it before, but it does have a little bit of the separation now that I looked (I've worn mine probably in the neighborhood of 10 times or so). It's not anywhere near as much separation as the pic posted above though.

Hopefully it doesn't deteriorate too much, but it's not really that surprising given how light weight the fabric is. I was fairly surprised by how much lighter it felt compared to the 10oz ducks. They make great summer pants, but do feel pretty delicate.

17. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

I think the seam issue on the ducks is a fabric thing, because its so porous. Its porosity (if that's a word) is what also makes it so breathable, so I guess you take the good with the bad. I don't even know if using a stronger thread would help, but it might.

18. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Well-Known Member

I'm getting it on my oxford cloth rivets as well :( Does it seem to be happening on only the lighter weight pants?

Seeing as how I only own a few pairs, and all of them fairly lightweight (digital camo, oxford cloth, and 7oz caramel) does this occur on any of the heavier stuff? Such as the 12oz?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  19. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

i only buy the heavyweights (like my chinos to feel like denim), i have the olive twill and the stone khahki. I think they are both 12oz and don't see anything like this on them. Worn probably 20x and 10x each respectively.

20. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've had this happen to light-weight trousers from other companies as well.

Also, I think having a snug seat considerably exacerbates the issue. I tend to wear my light-weight trousers a bit looser than I otherwise would.