1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CORGI ORGY

CORGI ORGY Member

Do you guys plan on restocking the Walt Regiment Twill Cloud pants?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Well-Known Member

RIVET CHINO RE-STOCK.

Yo yo! We just got a big re-stock in from the SF event. The basics are covered (khaki, navy, gunmetal) and we have a full size run of the great 10 oz Plum Duck Canvas!

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Rivet Chino Re-stock's

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

This looks great. I'm surprised it took so long for someone (other than Mike) to comment on the ensemble.

Including a pair of the 10-oz. duck chinos in leaf that I'd been eyeing since they first sold out in 32. Woohoo!

4. theclipper

theclipper Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted to pick up a pair of those plum chinos. But, what do you guys suggest pairing with them? I'm not sure if I can rock them right.

Thanks

5. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Maybe I just don't know any better, but I've found the plum ducks to be easier to pair than the french blue ducks (and I really enjoy the french blue ducks). I've worn it with grey, cream, lavender (perhaps too much purple, but I thought it was OK) shirts and would match it with a number of other shirts. Tan and navy suede shoes look pretty good with them too.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  6. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Hey Mike

Just a short note to say I really liked the photo shoot and write up you did on David Ortiz.
    Looking forward to more in the future.

7. theclipper

theclipper Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the fit on my caramel ducks. I'm trying to decide if I need to go up a size for my next pair of chinos or if the new models would work at the same size. I feel like I can have a mangina at times with these. Any feedback is much appreciated.

[​IMG]

Thanks

8. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

It looks fine from the picture, but a picture can only tell so much. If it's too tight for your taste, then that is all that should matter.

9. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Nice shoes, NAMOR! They look gorgeous.

10. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Well-Known Member

They look more intense in photos than they do when wearing. I thought the same thing when I fire saw them, but once I tried them on at SF10 I was all like "Yes, I can do that." They're versatile.

11. dra

dra Well-Known Member

It does look like they are pulling a bit at the waist. If you had a bit more room there, they'd probably sit a tad lower giving you more room in the crotch. I'd try the new model or size up, personally.

12. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

Ultimately if you're not comfortable you should size up.

However, I actually sized down for my last 2 rivet chinos (old style) from a 33 to a 32. I may go with a 33 next and have them taken in now that it's possible -- I think what I really need is a 32 waist with a 33 top block. The old 33's were bunching at the waist once they stretched.

13. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

Why not just get them altered? The whole point of the "new process" EPs is that they're completely alterable from top block down... If everything fits but the waist/top block, it just seems like a no-brainer to just get that part let out rather than size up and then have everything else taken in unless you have a lack of a quality alterations shop around.

How are the rest of you treating your duck canvas? I'm treating them like my denim in that I wear them regularly, and I've only washed them twice with hang drying. They're developing some interesting fades around my wallet with some honeycombing behind the knees. It really seems that the "dirtier" they get from wear, the cooler they look, as well. Seriously my favorite pant of all time.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I've worn my caramels and leafs several times and haven't washed either of them yet, and I'm washing my french blues for the first time right now (cold water hang dry). They're such tough pants, but I'm still going to try and minimize the amount of washes to prolong their life, since I plan on wearing all of these for a very very long time.

15. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

The 34 in gunmetal already sold out?

16. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

I've been washing my plum and french blue ducks regularly (cold wash & hang dry), which for me means maybe wash after every 3~4 wearings. I think I've washed each maybe 3~4 times now and haven't noticed any fades or anything. They are definitely my favorite casual pants and I plan to try to get a caramel duck if it comes back in stock.

17. Renalan

Renalan Well-Known Member

2/3rds Epaulet today.

[​IMG]

18. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

So I kind of tuned out Chinomageddon over the last few months, thinking (foolishly) that I'd stick with denim through the Texas summer. However with our first taste of heat recently, I can already tell that's not going to happen. So while I mull my options, I have a few questions (with apologies in advance if any of this has been discussed recently):

1) Is there more 7 oz. canvas on the way besides the three current (bold) colors? What about oxford cloth (which is currently sold out in my size)?

2) How does the 8 oz. canvas compare with the fabric used for the Regiment Twill Walt's?

3) Is the current Gunmetal Canvas (8 oz) the same fabric as the original gunmetal canvas from last fall (with the metal button fly)?

4) Any other lightweight fabrics in the pipeline? I'm pretty much set for linen and wool trousers...looking for something a bit more casual.

Thanks!

19. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Mr and Mrs Fit today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

^^Does your wife know you're kissing this chick?

1 person likes this.