1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Haha, no it's a great feeling. Actually, quite a few guys have been married in our suits, trousers, shirts, shoes, etc. They often send us some photos after the wedding and it's great to see.

And yes it's always cool seeing guys on the street in our stuff. I've had quite a few French Blue sightings here in the city, and it's great.

It depends on your body and your preferences. By the "standard" fit of sportcoats, our jackets are technically a short already. We intentionally wanted to make it a bit cropped for style.

Most guys at your height and chest size could probably wear the 38R without a problem. It largely depends on the length of your torso and where you like a jacket to fall. The best guide is to measure the length on a sportcoat that you already own and see how it matches up. The Short special order will make our jackets one inch shorter in length. And with the special order, we can also do the sleeves shorter or keep them regular length.

Special orders are a little bit of a shot in the dark, but I can happily say that our program has been an overwhelming success. We've done about 100 special orders since we've started, and the feedback has been great . It's important that this isn't a MTM program. We're not creating a totally new shape. We're just modifying a jacket that fits very well to the proper length. It took a while to develop our jacket pattern, but I can say that it's one of the best off-the-rack fits that I've ever seen. Pair that with the full seam allowances and pretty much everyone has gotten a great fit with or even without a modest amount of tailoring.

Rock and roll - glad that you're pleased with them!

Short's are really easy to order. For both the Loro Piana and the Navy Super 120's, you can just take one inch off the body and the sleeves. The other measurements stay the same, and of course, the entire jacket is scaled for the shorter length. It takes about 4-6 weeks (generally around 4) and costs $50 more. We take a 50% deposit with the order and bill you for the balance when the jacket arrives.

2. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

NYR killin it in my favorite room at the AMNH. the rivet restock is gonna kill me bc I'm loving the regiment walts as well....that french blue is just perfect.

3. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Rob: Are all of your outdoor pictures taken with the iPhone? I have an iPhone 4 as well, but I don't think my pictures are that high of quality. I will try next time!

Going to rock the Plum Duck Chinos tomorrow. :slayer:

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

The 4S is a huge jump from the 4 in photo quality. I upgraded for that reason. It almost makes up for the fact that my battery on the 4S seems to die 30% faster.

5. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

+1 big difference

Thanks, will send you a PM about this

6. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Well-Known Member

Got my cotton twill walts this week and absolutely loving them! They feel tough but still look great with a blazer.

Does anyone own the fidelity shawl collar peacoat? I received mine but it doesn't have any inside buttons so I'm wondering if this is normal or a fault.

7. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

New stock has been spectacular, Mike.

I've been away for a bit but am eying up some of the new edition Chinos. I think I read to size up one from previous version due to a tighter top block on the new runs. Is that a false rumor or is that recommened? Can anyone with experience help a man out?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  8. trig

trig Well-Known Member

the sizing up was in regards to the modifications of the rivet chinos not walts. but even in the case of the chinos I didn't change my sizing for it.

9. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Oops, I meant the new edition Rivet Chinos compared to the previous edition. Brain fart. Did you find the fit tighter in the top block at all?

10. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

I had to size up from 33 to 34 on the new Rivet chinos because of an appreciably tighter fit in the top block. Obviously it will vary depending on your body.

11. rk9

rk9 Active Member

Is the new stock of rivet chinos up on the website yet? I was specifically looking for the plum and new sizes for that color are not up yet. Thanks!

12. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Well-Known Member

You need to turn off some of the location services, specifically in the System Services tab- Time Zone Settings and Location based iAds to OFF. Helps battery life a lot.

13. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

I don't know if anybody has it, but MatteBox is a really nice, simple photo editing app.

14. jthan09

jthan09 Well-Known Member

I had the previous iteration of the rivet chinos in size 28, and I just bought the newer editions of the chinos in gunmetal and khaki. Laid flat and measure with the waistband flat, there is a different of about .75" and is a whole inch tighter in the waist. I had to have my tailor let it out; everything but the waist was the same, so sizing up wasn't an option for me.

15. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

if those rivet chinos were cut like the tapered trousers..id be all over em!
    hard to find pants to fit 34" waist and 27" thighs

16. dgonsh

dgonsh Well-Known Member

I love my new gunmetal rivets. Only issue being theyre a bit tight in the thighs. Am I screwed for all epaulet trousers, or would the rudy's or walt's be any better? even a half inch would be a noticably better situation for me.

17. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Rudy's would work, I think.

18. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Walts have more room in the thighs also...

19. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Thanks didn't know about that option

20. applky

applky Well-Known Member

+1. Thank you!

Was just in the store today. The newer stock, not on the website yet, is even better, if that's possible.

Also the new women's stuff is pretty awesome, have to say.